No announcement yet.

Wichita State v Kentucky game thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The MVC did not prepare for the last 2 minutes of the game. I feel like if we would have had a couple more down to the wire games, we could have executed better. No holding our head down though, next year is going to be really fun. Final 4 contenders for sure.
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
      Back to basketball.

This.

Shamet is going to be an all-time great Shocker. With the pieces around him next year will be quite fun.
      Next season can't come soon enough. I think they will grow exponentially as individuals and as a team.

Comment

• I wasn't able to watch the game as I was driving back to Houston after meeting the newest member of the Shocker family (our adopted son) in Topeka over the weekend. Fortunately, I was able to pick up the second half of the game while driving through Dallas. I hope that my erratic driving didn't frustrate too many other people on the road. It was the national broadcast, so pretty unbiased announcing. From the sounds of it, this bunch gave us plenty to be proud of and I am again eagerly awaiting next season. There is a lot to be optimistic about, and we're poised to make a lot of noise nationally.

Comment

• Originally posted by TxShox View Post
          I wasn't able to watch the game as I was driving back to Houston after meeting the newest member of the Shocker family (our adopted son) in Topeka over the weekend. Fortunately, I was able to pick up the second half of the game while driving through Dallas. I hope that my erratic driving didn't frustrate too many other people on the road. It was the national broadcast, so pretty unbiased announcing. From the sounds of it, this bunch gave us plenty to be proud of and I am again eagerly awaiting next season. There is a lot to be optimistic about, and we're poised to make a lot of noise nationally.
          Congratulations!
          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Walker View Post
            Next season can't come soon enough. I think they will grow exponentially as individuals and as a team.
            What is great is that even minimal growth (any growth at all) and this team is a title contender.

Although it is also important not to take anything for granted. Injuries. Personality clashes. Other. There are ways they could backslide too, but I'm optimistic next year will excellent.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
              Maybe I'd agree with this if we had one of the few guys on the team that can snipe points in a hurry not on the bench. But still, I'd say it's <10%
              Damn Fev I almost was right.

Comment

• I don't really have a lot of blame to throw around for the last two plays. It was arguably the first crunch-time minutes we played all season, with no timeouts and a freshman guard. Every team runs plays to try to prepare for that sort of thing, but it is one thing to run plays in practice and another to be down 3 to Kentucky with 10 seconds left on the clock in the NCAA tournament. Terrible time to have a learning moment, but we will learn from it. If the same thing happens next year, we'll be prepared. But I think we are more likely to be up by 10 than down by 3 if we reach our ceiling next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfanmas View Post
                  I'm just trying to figure out how the heck HCGM is going to keep all these guards happy playing time wise. You'll have Landry, Conner, Daishon, Austin, with Samajae Haynes-Jones coming in. That's a lot of players fighting for PT, and all will be deserving of it I'm sure. I guess, as a coach, if that is the worst of my problems, I'm feeling pretty damn good about things.
                  I feel we could of used another guard yesterday. Samajae is going to help and become another shooter and hopefully DS makes the juco junior to senior jump must of us have come to expect. I hate talking about next year though as I'm still high from this year's ride!
                  I just want to stand on land...

@rjl:
                  If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and a Creighton fan, I think I'd shoot the Creighton fan twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                    #ImWithHer
                    #ShePersisted
                    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                    -John Wooden

Comment

• In both games, Conner's size and lack of quickness was a detriment. No, I am not criticizing Conner.

I am very excited about Austin's future. I love to watch him.

Who would have thought that UK would win the game by beating us at the free throw line?

I was particularly surprised by the out of control play by one player.

I wore my lucky, yellow socks for four days. May I wash them now?
                      "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                        In both games, Conner's size and lack of quickness was a detriment. No, I am not criticizing Conner.

I am very excited about Austin's future. I love to watch him.

Who would have thought that UK would win the game by beating us at the free throw line?

I was particularly surprised by the out of control play by one player.

I wore my lucky, yellow socks for four days. May I wash them now?
                        Uh... Me ... That's how they won last time too with Randle getting a parade of free throws. I'm actually surprised the gap wasn't wider on FTs

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                          Uh... Me ... That's how they won last time too with Randle getting a parade of free throws. I'm actually surprised the gap wasn't wider on FTs
                          Good catch. You have a great memory. Mine is growing more feeble by the day.

Can I wash my socks now?
                          "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                            Good catch. You have a great memory. Mine is growing more feeble by the day.

Can I wash my socks now?
                            #WashAngry

Comment

• Agreed

Originally posted by SlyShock View Post
                              Sophomore Landry is gonna be one badddd man.
                              After watching FVV for 4 years, figured it was an easy bet that we wouldn't see another PG or player on his level for a loooong time.
                              Well, a loooong time has arrived cause LS is one heckuva player that demonstrates maturity as a RS Frosh not seen since, well FVV.

His demeanor and composure during even the most pressure packed situations is elite level play. He will make things easier for HCGM to work on other facets of the team knowing that part is good hands!

That is all.
                              Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Originally posted by LandStander View Post
                                I feel we could of used another guard yesterday. Samajae is going to help and become another shooter and hopefully DS makes the juco junior to senior jump must of us have come to expect. I hate talking about next year though as I'm still high from this year's ride!
                                From Daishon's Twitter

I promise I'll be better next season..
                                He knows he needs to improve. He seemed really really down on himself in the post game interviews yesterday. I expect a lot of work and a big jump from him.

Comment

Working...
                                X