• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
    Talk about up and down. They went:

2015 - 1st 1-seed out
    2016 -National Champs
    2017 - 1st 1-seed out
    I could deal with those problems.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
      You went with a #bigeast team to get to the finals? Has Creighton taught you nothing?
      Creighton is Big East in name only.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
        You went with a #bigeast team to get to the finals? Has Creighton taught you nothing?
        Villanova is a legitimate great basketball program. The rest of the Big East, not so much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxfan11 View Post
          Villanova is a legitimate great basketball program. The rest of the Big East, not so much.
          Butler's somewhere in the middle. Maybe not great, but definitely not terrible.

Comment

• So the Big East now has a shot to go 3-7 in the tourney? Ahhh sad....yeah right ha ha. Just more overated P5/6 schools taking up tourney bids. I want to see Northwestern (who was gifted a 15 loss Vandy team in round 1) absolutely get blown off the court by the Zags.
            KEEP IT ROCKIN' VALLEY!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by valleyclimber View Post
              So the Big East now has a shot to go 3-7 in the tourney? Ahhh sad....yeah right ha ha. Just more overated P5/6 schools taking up tourney bids. I want to see Northwestern (who was gifted a 15 loss Vandy team in round 1) absolutely get blown off the court by the Zags.
              P7 if you include the American.

Comment

• Originally posted by ACW View Post
                The women's tourney does it better: one game around 12, 3 around 2:30, then 2 each around 7 and 9. None of this spread out crap.
                I respectfully disagree with you. While they could have a couple more early games on the weekends, I'm more than ok with watching basketball all day 4 days in a row.

The way the women's tournament is scheduled is horsecrap. Actually, the scheduling doesn't bother me as much as how it is televised. On Friday there were 16 games, and 4 time slots, with ESPN2 the only channel televising games. Today is pretty much the same, except UConn gets a solo game at 10 am. Big deal, like I wanna see them whoop up on some helpless patsy #16 seed. But still, ESPN2, the only channel televising today. Tomorrow is a tad better, with ESPN and ESPN2 showing games in their entirety at 6 and 8:30ish. Then Monday it's back to ESPN2 the only station televising women's games. 8 games, 2 time slots, 4 games a time slot, and throughout, we're for the most part stuck with whatever game ESPN chooses to show locally, with occasional break-ins if a game is down to the wire. That doesn't work for me.

With all the different channels ESPN has, there is no reason why they can't do like the men's tournament: have every single game shown in it's entirety on a specific channel. You have ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN News, ESPNU, ESPN Classic, and probably some others. I understand the reason why is because a lot less people watch the women's tournament than the men's tournament, and doing it the way the men do would probably cost them money, plus programming issues with other shows, but surely they could figure something out. For the casual fan that doesn't care, that's fine, but for the hardcore fans like me that want to choose what game they watch in BOTH tournaments, it's a sore subject the way the women's tournament does it.

And before anybody mentions it, I know about ESPN3, or WatchESPN, whatever you want to call it. I know you can pick and choose your games there, but I can't just sit in front of my computer on a small ass monitor and try to watch a basketball game, it just doesn't work. Sorry, I'm ranting. Your points about it are justified, we'll just agree to disagree, but I would love to hear your rebuttal. You've been a great poster on this board.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfanmas View Post
                  I respectfully disagree with you. While they could have a couple more early games on the weekends, I'm more than ok with watching basketball all day 4 days in a row.

The way the women's tournament is scheduled is horsecrap. Actually, the scheduling doesn't bother me as much as how it is televised. On Friday there were 16 games, and 4 time slots, with ESPN2 the only channel televising games. Today is pretty much the same, except UConn gets a solo game at 10 am. Big deal, like I wanna see them whoop up on some helpless patsy #16 seed. But still, ESPN2, the only channel televising today. Tomorrow is a tad better, with ESPN and ESPN2 showing games in their entirety at 6 and 8:30ish. Then Monday it's back to ESPN2 the only station televising women's games. 8 games, 2 time slots, 4 games a time slot, and throughout, we're for the most part stuck with whatever game ESPN chooses to show locally, with occasional break-ins if a game is down to the wire. That doesn't work for me.

With all the different channels ESPN has, there is no reason why they can't do like the men's tournament: have every single game shown in it's entirety on a specific channel. You have ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN News, ESPNU, ESPN Classic, and probably some others. I understand the reason why is because a lot less people watch the women's tournament than the men's tournament, and doing it the way the men do would probably cost them money, plus programming issues with other shows, but surely they could figure something out. For the casual fan that doesn't care, that's fine, but for the hardcore fans like me that want to choose what game they watch in BOTH tournaments, it's a sore subject the way the women's tournament does it.

And before anybody mentions it, I know about ESPN3, or WatchESPN, whatever you want to call it. I know you can pick and choose your games there, but I can't just sit in front of my computer on a small ass monitor and try to watch a basketball game, it just doesn't work. Sorry, I'm ranting. Your points about it are justified, we'll just agree to disagree, but I would love to hear your rebuttal. You've been a great poster on this board.
                  Fair enough, and I see what you're saying (though if you have a Roku, I think WatchESPN's available there, FYI). My main issue is, with the men's scheduling, morning people like me get shafted. I'm NOT the night person I was in college.

Comment

• I can understand that. I actually drifted to sleep Thursday in the afternoon, but I completely understand the drain that watching basketball all day can have on you, and how tough those late games are, especially on Thursday and Friday. The weekends usually aren't too bad, of course my sleep pattern is still in 3rd shift mode from when I worked 3rd shift, so it's a little easier for me.

No Roku here, the only way I would know of to do it is to use my PS4 or 360 to connect to the internet to watchESPN on my tv, but then if I do that, I won't see the men's games, so it's a Catch 22. I guess if there is a women's game I really, really want to see, I can just do the double and have it on my computer while I'm watching the mens games, but other than that, I have to settle. I will say this, the best thing the men's tournament ever did (and I'm sure CBS had a lot to do with it) is show each game in its entirety on a specific channel. That is golden for hardcore fans like me.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfanmas View Post
                      I can understand that. I actually drifted to sleep Thursday in the afternoon, but I completely understand the drain that watching basketball all day can have on you, and how tough those late games are, especially on Thursday and Friday. The weekends usually aren't too bad, of course my sleep pattern is still in 3rd shift mode from when I worked 3rd shift, so it's a little easier for me.

No Roku here, the only way I would know of to do it is to use my PS4 or 360 to connect to the internet to watchESPN on my tv, but then if I do that, I won't see the men's games, so it's a Catch 22. I guess if there is a women's game I really, really want to see, I can just do the double and have it on my computer while I'm watching the mens games, but other than that, I have to settle. I will say this, the best thing the men's tournament ever did (and I'm sure CBS had a lot to do with it) is show each game in its entirety on a specific channel. That is golden for hardcore fans like me.
                      I like go to bed at 7-8, up at 3-4. By choice. And I have a regular work schedule. There were times in college I stayed UP 'til 3 or 4 XD
                      Though, while all 4 games on different channels, for some reason I kinda miss when they were all on CBS and you didn't have to change the channel.

Comment

• In lieu of the women's basketball tv coverage discussions, Gonzaga is ripping Northwestern a new asshole.

Poor, poor Mr. Kunkel.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                          Yes. They, along with Dayton, WSU and several others have a verbal agreement as charter members of the new First United Conference of Underdogs, or FUCU. URI was a borderline team until demonstrating their worth by embarrassing Creighton.
                          Well done, dizzle. No doubt the pronunciation of the league's name is important, too.

Edit: Meanwhile, underseeding bites back again. How Wisconsin was a #8 and Maryland a #6 is beyond me (apparently Turgeon gets better seeding now that he's no longer at this level), or Minnesota a #5 (! -- Pitino family courtesy?), but you can bet that Nova was wishing Wisconsin had been a little higher on the totem pole. If the Badgers had shot FTs at all, they'd have won in relative comfort.

This result also illustrates one of the dangers of playing a really slow tempo with pretty good players the way Nova does -- the other team doesn't have to try to slow it down and shorten the game, because you're already doing it for them.
                          Last edited by WSUwatcher; March 18, 2017, 05:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                            Well done, dizzle. No doubt the pronunciation of the league's name is important, too.

Meanwhile, underseeding bites back again. How Wisconsin was a #8 and Maryland a #6 is beyond me (apparently Turgeon gets better seeding now that he's no longer at this level), but you can bet that Nova was wishing Wisconsin had been a little higher on the totem pole. If the Badgers had shot FTs at all, they'd have won in relative comfort.

That result also illustrates one of the dangers of playing a really slow tempo with pretty good players the way Nova does -- the other team doesn't have to try to slow it down and shorten the game, because you're already doing it for them.
                            And Minnesota a freaking 5. The teams themselves weren't really the issue this time (I'd maybe take ISU over, say, Providence, but it's not a headscratcher), but the seeding was all screwy.

Comment

• ACU beat OSU in WNIT

Zags suck.
                              Oh wait, no they don't that's the might BigDecimal
                              For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
                              - said no one ever...

Comment

• Does Collins ***** this much at every game? Holy crap. And he's in the wrong too.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X