Other NCAA Tourney Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
    I wonder if the officiating will remain consistent. They seem to be letting way more contact happen than the regular season.
    And then for a period of time in the same game they don't
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
      I wonder if the officiating will remain consistent. They seem to be letting way more contact happen than the regular season.
      That IMO has been the way the tournament has been called for years. If I am correct, that doesn't favor us. I want a tightly called game to better serve our depth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post
        That IMO has been the way the tournament has been called for years. If I am correct, that doesn't favor us. I want a tightly called game to better serve our depth.
        Historically a more physical game has favored us. With the skill and depth we have now I agree with you.
        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• 16-0 on day one for me.

That probably means 11-5 or so today.

Comment

• For those interested in advanced metrics (this would assumedly exclude Dayton fans) based purely on kenpom rating, the superior rated team went 14-2 yesterday for an 88% tick. The two losing teams higher rated than their opponents were almost a wash as well, as Northwestern sits just five spots behind Vandy, and MTSU just six behind Minny.

Of course if advanced metrics aren't your thing you could always go with Jimmy Fallon's puppies, RPI Top 50 wins, dice, magic eight ball, RPI Top 100 wins, or you could draw straws.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
              Today was about a D+. No buzzer beaters, only a couple of really, really close games. Only 3 mids (BIG EAST isn't a P5, sorry) advance, with only 2 lower seeds winning. Talk about a snoozefest. One of the more boring first round days of recent memory honestly.

Hopefully tomorrow provides more excitement and more double-seeded wins (i.e. namely us).

+1

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                For those interested in advanced metrics (this would assumedly exclude Dayton fans) based purely on kenpom rating, the superior rated team went 14-2 yesterday for an 88% tick. The two losing teams higher rated than their opponents were almost a wash as well, as Northwestern sits just five spots behind Vandy, and MTSU just six behind Minny.

Of course if advanced metrics aren't your thing you could always go with Jimmy Fallon's puppies, RPI Top 50 wins, dice, magic eight ball, RPI Top 100 wins, or you could draw straws.
                Tea leaves or chicken entrails are also committee favorites, I think.

Comment

• Originally posted by grudkin View Post
                  16-0
                  Me too.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

• NMSU up 40-38 at half against Baylor with a barrage of 3's, including 1 at the buzzer.

I have Baylor losing in the 2nd round so an Aggie win wouldn't hurt me. GO AGGIES!
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Baylor down 3 at the half. I picked them, but I'd be fine; I have them losing to SMU next round anyway.

Comment

• Am I the only one who still hates that they broke up Lundquist and Raftery?

Comment

• Originally posted by ACW View Post
                          Am I the only one who still hates that they broke up Lundquist and Raftery?
                          Didn't Lundquist retire?
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                            Didn't Lundquist retire?
                            From football at this point; he may keep doing March Madness.
                            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Here's to history being made in Tulsa tonight! 16 over a 1!

Comment

• Welp, nevermind. NMSU is cooling off. Ugh.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X