Other NCAA Tourney Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bunck View Post
    They are #147 on KenPom. So not too bad, but only three spots ahead of SIU.
    Any given night.
    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Can't believe Miami getting schooled by MSU.
      Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Izzo is a wonderful Tourney Coach

Comment

• How come 7 seed South Carolina gets to play in South Carolina? Never mind.
          Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Lonzo Ball is talented, but Jesus he's lazy

And UCLA getting every call on this.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
              Can't believe Miami getting schooled by MSU.
              If they play like that on Sunday, KU may go home early again
              Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
                And such a surprise, as they generally do so well in the post-season.
                Hey, they won their conference tournament. Thats better than playing for a national championship.
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by jdmee View Post
                  Izzo is a wonderful Tourney Coach
                  But Larranaga's BEATEN him before, with players that likely weren't as highly recruited (I was gonna say "weren't as good", but that's not the case ;) ).

14-2 (I had USC and Miami).

So, after the first round, I still got 13 Sweet 16 teams, and all of my Elite 8. Better than last year, when I got 25/32, and also had 13 of my Sweet 16, but that included my Elite 8 pick WVU and my runner-up Mich. St.
                  Last edited by ACW; March 18, 2017, 03:53 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                    Hey, they won their conference tournament. Thats better than playing for a national championship.
                    I forgot that is their outlook.

Comment

• Geeze, only 5 double-digit seeds in the round of 32 this year, compared to 10 last year (though there were 5 in 2015, but 7 in 2014, 8 in 2013, 9 in 2012, 6 in 2011 with 4 of those going to the Sweet 16 and VCU going to the Final 4).
                      Sweet 16: 3 in 2012, 2013, 2014 (only 1 Elite 8 team-Dayton in 2014), UCLA in 2015, 2 last year (Syracuse Final 4).

So add MSU if you want, and only 6 of the 32 games were seeding upsets (which is actually BETTER than 2015). Though, of those, I'm not sure I could count a 9 over an 8 an "upset", and you guys were criminally underseeded, so you've got UMD losing to Xavier (MAYBE an upset), USC over SMU (probably an upset), URI over Creighton (maybe?), and MTSU over Minnesota (possibly). No solid, unquestionable upsets this year :(
                      Last edited by ACW; March 18, 2017, 08:14 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                        Whoa whoa whoa, let's not get ahead of ourselves ..... They lost to Nova in their conference tournament.

Comment

• But but it was a quality loss and they didn't have Watson = win in their minds. Hang a banner BJ'S #greatestseasonever

Comment

• Creighton brings their version of the "one and done" to the tournament once again. Love it!

Comment

• Note to self: MWC, A10, AAC and MVC generally compete for the 6-10 conference range.

All MWC teams gone, all A10 teams gone and only one AAC team remains, Cincinnati.

Cincinnati is in our bracket too. I would LOVE to slip past Kentucky while Cincinnati slips past UCLA and we face them. That will really get the AAC talk going all over national TV.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                                all A10 teams gone
                                Um...:confused: Did Rhode Island change conferences last night?

EDIT: Honestly, I'd love to have you guys join us in the A-10. Hell, we already have Saint Louis, and the BE has both Creighton and Georgetown, so who cares about geography.
                                Last edited by ACW; March 18, 2017, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X