No announcement yet.

University of Wichita

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think the name change from WSU back to WU is going to happen anytime soon due to the KBOR, but I am a fan of dropping "state" from our jerseys and such. Just my opinion.

Comment

Why is the hashtag #WelcomeWichita and not #WelcomeWichitaState? Name change confirmed.

Speaking of the hashtag, the tweets from all the American schools welcoming us gives me chills.

Comment

Originally posted by shocker_torero View Post
        What's in a name? A lot. That is why I personally think a move to Wichita University or the University of Wichita would be beneficial. The "State" in Wichita State University makes a lot of people from outside (and probably within) the region associate the university with second tier status. All off of the name. Think about these for a second: Which sounds more prestigious, Memphis State University or University of Memphis? How about Florida Technological University or the University of Central Florida? What about the University of Houston-University Park or the University of Houston? Louisiana State University New Orleans or the University of New Orleans?
        Don't even get me started on Indiana University Purdue University at Indianapolis. Or it's sister IPFW.
        I had season FOOTBALL tix... did you?

Comment

Working...
        X