Post Arch Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
    Many MVC fans have a similar viewpoint of HCGM, our players, and our fans, but that doesn't stop them from wishing WSU well in the tourney. How about we take the high ground here.
    My wife who is a casual fan but doesn't know one team from the next just pulls for the shockers, this was her first arch madness. After two day she say "everyone is very nice except for the Redbirds fan" They were constantly rude to my whole family including 9 year old daughter and 3 year old son....so I will stand befind my statement, screw them.

Comment

Many MVC fans have a similar viewpoint of HCGM, our players, and our fans, but that doesn't stop them from wishing WSU well in the tourney. How about we take the high ground here.
      To me a major difference is: the "dislike" for Marshall stems from winning and his passionate style. For ISUr and Muller, it is the low character of the coach, his players and the constant off field issues. I don't care if they win, but please have some semblance of class.

We pulled for Northern Iowa in the tournament. All programs are not created equal.

Comment

I actually do hope they get in, for no other reason than a 27-win team with an RPI in the 20's not getting an invite in favor of sub-0.500 P5 schools is a precedent I'd like to avoid, no matter what conference we're in.

Also, Muller was complementary post-game, which at least proves he honestly recognizes when he gets his butt beat.

Comment

1.) Attendance - seemed really down this year. Seemed like Shocker fans we're outnumbered by Redbirds.
          2.) Shocker faithful we're awesome and into every game! Can't say the same for Redbirds. It seemed like they expected to lose.
          3.) Why was our player intro music so low compared to other teams?
          4.) Love when we steal the opposing bands music and turn it into an opportunity to yell Go Shocks.
          5.) I thought I saw several Redbird fans get ejected from the arena after the Fayne injury.
          6.) Our Shocker team really feeds off the crowd and each other.

Comment

Originally posted by MJ23 View Post
            5.) I thought I saw several Redbird fans get ejected from the arena after the Fayne injury.
            I'm amazed at how many redbird fans thought Frankamp should have gotten a foul on that ... The ONLY thing that could have possibly been called was for Fayne to get a Tech for hanging on the rim, but even that would have been incorrect as he was trying to avoid a player underneath him. It was just a fluke landing where his toe got caught on the ground then his leg wrapped around Frankamps.

Comment

Douche bags or not, at least they are our douche bags. I hope they get in and I will cheer for them.
              “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Everyone makes mistakes. Listen to Dan Muller in the post game. How you can listen to him and not respect him, especially with what he said about WSU and the WAY he said it, I don't know. I certainly have a lot more respect for him after this weekend. Not saying he's perfect. Neither is our coach. But I love and respect the living hell out of him.

Comment

Hopefully the tournament will come west a little more often if we get in. I would enjoy going to Dallas for example.
                  If we're in the AAC, and there's a tourney in Hartford, then there better be a turn at IBA. What is it, about 20 minutes from Storrs to Hartford???

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    Everyone makes mistakes. Listen to Dan Muller in the post game. How you can listen to him and not respect him, especially with what he said about WSU and the WAY he said it, I don't know. I certainly have a lot more respect for him after this weekend. Not saying he's perfect. Neither is our coach. But I love and respect the living hell out of him.
                    His presser was definitely impressive. ISUr's fan board has also been a lot more...normal since the 41-pt beatdown. Now that the punk Hawkins is gone maybe ISUr will turn into a respectable program from the HC down through the fans, assuming Muller doesn't leave this postseason.

Comment

Originally posted by MJ23 View Post
                      1.) Attendance - seemed really down this year. Seemed like Shocker fans we're outnumbered by Redbirds.
                      2.) Shocker faithful we're awesome and into every game! Can't say the same for Redbirds. It seemed like they expected to lose.
                      3.) Why was our player intro music so low compared to other teams?
                      4.) Love when we steal the opposing bands music and turn it into an opportunity to yell Go Shocks.
                      6.) Our Shocker team really feeds off the crowd and each other.
                      1. Down a little, but Redbird fans came out in big numbers. Easily outnumbered Shocker fans.
                      2. Really? Thought ShockerNation brought it Sunday, but just ok Friday and Saturday. Our guys punched them in the mouth right off the bat, and it kind of took the starch out of the Redbird faithful. That and they had like ONE run all game, and it was 5 points. They had essentially zero momentum.
                      3. I thought they were all quiet, to the point I thought something was wrong with the sound system all weekend.
                      4. +1
                      5. Didn't see that, but the boos, what did they think our guys were guilty of? Nothing at all dirty there.
                      6. Our Shocker team is really, really good. And coached beautifully. Loved the 3 guard lineups with Austin. This is a hell of run, for all of us. Very lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                        His presser was definitely impressive. ISUr's fan board has also been a lot more...normal since the 41-pt beatdown. Now that the punk Hawkins is gone maybe ISUr will turn into a respectable program from the HC down through the fans, assuming Muller doesn't leave this postseason.
                        I visited with a few ISU fans. One kind of bandwagon guy....you know the kind. A couple of die hards, no complaints there. One guy I still can't figure out....kept telling me how much a B10 (Illini) fan he was...WTF? You find me a WSU fan (and I know there are plenty) that's a KU fan and I'll show you a prack.

I had to quiet him after about 5 minutes of listening to him yap, not sitting in his seat, trying to sound smart. I got him on board, it took too long, but it was worth it.

Most of them seemed decent enough to me. MSU fans were an issue. Sign guy nearly had a problem with Mrs. Doc. Too many signs, not enough teeth.

Comment

It's a little over a 2-hour drive from Normal to St. Louis, so a lot of ISU fans probably drove down the day of the game once they knew they were in it, the same way that a ton of SIU fans would mysteriously and suddenly show up on Sundays back in the mid-00's. Additionally, the proximity also makes it likely that a lot of ISU alum live in St. Louis, which is a marginal step up from Normal.
                          The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

I visited with a few ISU fans. One kind of bandwagon guy....you know the kind. A couple of die hards, no complaints there. One guy I still can't figure out....kept telling me how much a B10 (Illini) fan he was...WTF? You find me a WSU fan (and I know there are plenty) that's a KU fan and I'll show you a prack.

I had to quiet him after about 5 minutes of listening to him yap, not sitting in his seat, trying to sound smart. I got him on board, it took too long, but it was worth it.

Most of them seemed decent enough to me. MSU fans were an issue. Sign guy nearly had a problem with Mrs. Doc. Too many signs, not enough teeth.
                            Only interaction I had was with the ISUr snowflake I referenced in a post during the game. He was really emotionally damaged that we were still pressing Bradley while up 30. By Sunday, it didn't take long for the ISUr folks where we were sitting to remain seated with their hands in their laps.

We had planned all along to miss this year, but Thursday when the Mrs. got to work I asked her, "Are you sure you don't want to go to St. Louis? It's my weekend off." Her reply was an instant, "Hell no!" She took literally two steps toward her office, turned around, and said, "Well, yes, let's go!" Really glad we did.

Comment

This - biggest loss of his career and HCGM rubbed it in a bit last month's home game. Yet, after the game he was so respectful of WSU and HCGM.

Comment

Originally posted by proshox View Post
                                This - biggest loss of his career and HCGM rubbed it in a bit last month's home game. Yet, after the game he was so respectful of WSU and HCGM.
                                Actually makes me wonder if he's putting his resume out.

Comment

Working...
                                X