Post Arch Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Arch Thoughts

• Thought Conner would get MOP. He had the most consistent 3 games. Certainly some validation to a tough decision he made a couple years ago. Huge cheer when the award was announced.
    • Figured we would have 2 on the tourney team. Would have had no problem with Landry, Shaq or Markis. Congratulations Landry.
    • No Gregg or Mike at the pep rallys was different. Gregg could always get pretty wound up at these things. Maybe delegation to the assistants is a good option.
    • Guys seemed looser this year. Even with slow starts in games 1 and 2 I didn't sense any tension on the floor. The stands, yes.
    • Very telling when players 11-14 enter a game with 8 minutes to go and maintain the lead.
    • I hope ISUR is invited. They are certainly more qualified than sub .500 P5 schools.
    • We could have shot better. Think about that.
    • Our first 10 guys return. The other teams should think about that.
    • I thought our intro should have been modified to say back to back to back to back.
    • Lot of AAC talk in in St. Louis. Would we travel to Hartford Connecticut as well?
    • I would suggest the MVC football playing schools target being the best FCS football league they can be. The MVC privates need to look at other alternatives.
    • Enjoyed meeting Pogo and talking about other Shockernetters. Were your ears burning?
    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
    • Lot of AAC talk in in St. Louis. Would we travel to Hartford Connecticut as well?
    Just speaking personally .. yes. I have zero desire to go to St. Louis. It's just really really low on the list of places I like to visit. I'd love to have a reason to go visit the Northeast. It's a change of pace from the midwest.

Comment

I would definitely travel to Orlando :)

Comment

Lot of AAC talk in in St. Louis. Would we travel to Hartford Connecticut as well?
        Doesn't the AAC move the conference tournament around?
        Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
          Doesn't the AAC move the conference tournament around?
          Next year is Orlando. So that doesn't suck.

Comment

• I hope ISUR is invited. They are certainly more qualified than sub .500 P5 schools.
            I hope they get beat at home in their first game in the NIT. Their head coach is a dick, their players are dicks and guess what their fans are DICKS. Screw them!

Comment

Originally posted by bighouse View Post
              I hope they get beat at home in their first game in the NIT. Their head coach is a dick, their players are dicks and guess what their fans are DICKS. Screw them!
              Most factual statement I've ever read!

Comment

Originally posted by bighouse View Post
                Many MVC fans have a similar viewpoint of HCGM, our players, and our fans, but that doesn't stop them from wishing WSU well in the tourney. How about we take the high ground here.
                Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

AAC Touranment Locations:

2014 - Memphis
                  2015 - Hartford
                  2016 - Orlando
                  2017 - Hartford
                  2018 - Orlando

I believe that initially they had signed a deal to hold 2017 and 2018 in Orlando but due to a conflict it was moved back to Harford for 2017.

DALLAS – The American Athletic Conference men’s basketball tournament is returning to the XL Center in 2017. First reported last week, it became official with an announcement by the con…

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

2014 - Memphis
                    2015 - Hartford
                    2016 - Orlando
                    2017 - Hartford
                    2018 - Orlando

I believe that initially the had signed a deal to hold 2017 and 2018 in Orlando but due to a conflict it was moved back to Harford for 2017.

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-...303-story.html
                    Already a huge positive gain that the conference tournament isn't stuck in a location that caters to a few schools. Nice!

Comment

Southern Conference Championship Final

If you want to keep your WSU basketball buzz going tonight, East Tennessee State coached by former
                      WSU Assistant, Steve Forbes and featuring former-Shocker Tevin Glass will be playing for an NCAA bid.
                      Similar situation to ours in that East Tenn (26-7) is playing UNC Greensboro (25-8) in the finals.
                      The two teams tied for first in the conference at 14-4 (along with Furman).

Looks like it will be televised on ESPN at 6pm Central.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

2014 - Memphis
                        2015 - Hartford
                        2016 - Orlando
                        2017 - Hartford
                        2018 - Orlando

I believe that initially the had signed a deal to hold 2017 and 2018 in Orlando but due to a conflict it was moved back to Harford for 2017.

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-...303-story.html
                        Hopefully the tournament will come west a little more often if we get in. I would enjoy going to Dallas for example.

Comment

Many MVC fans have a similar viewpoint of HCGM, our players, and our fans, but that doesn't stop them from wishing WSU well in the tourney. How about we take the high ground here.
                          The difference is we back up what we say and carry this God-foresaken league.

Illinois State is no different than Indiana State 2014.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Hopefully the tournament will come west a little more often if we get in. I would enjoy going to Dallas for example.
                            Hell why not IBA?

All of those cities are places where other AAC members reside.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                              Hell why not IBA?

All of those cities are places where other AAC members reside.
                              I would love to see it at IBA. It will probably be several years before the new school is allowed to host though.

Comment

Working...
                              X