Missouri State Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They just announced that Lusk is staying

AD quote "If the fans want to drop out next year, they can....we will welcome them back the next year when we are going to the NCAA"

Comment

• Oh, and by the way, it was really nice to see a shot go down for Austin.
      Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• I was just looking at minutes played. Our starters played a significant amount of minutes. I hope fatigue isn't an issue tomorrow night....
        Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
        Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
          Conner, Shaq and Markis (or Marquis) came through. Gotta believe Landry's shots are gonna start dropping.

Gotta confess I brought my Sunday tickets. Maybe that was the right karma.

Got to meet Pogo and found out he and my brother were both Kappa Sigs. My brother days to stay away from him.
          A.E.K.D.B (too lazy for the delta on my phone lol)

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
            Oh, and by the way, it was really nice to see a shot go down for Austin.
            It was. I've been worried about him.

Comment

• Re:Lusk...I may be in the minority, and he might not becthe greatest coach of all time, but he really seems to be a good guy. Again, maybe I'm wrong...but he appears to be doing the best that he can with the resources he has to work with.

Comment

• Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
                Re:Lusk...I may be in the minority, and he might not becthe greatest coach of all time, but he really seems to be a good guy. Again, maybe I'm wrong...but he appears to be doing the best that he can with the resources he has to work with.
                I think he is a good guy. He has recruited some very good players as well. But he doesn't seem to be a very good Head Coach. He would not doubt be a very good assistant and recruiting coordinator. I can say that if you were expressing that opinion on the MSU board I think you would find yourself in the distinct minority. Possibly a minority of one.

Comment

• Originally posted by capnkirk View Post
                  I was just looking at minutes played. Our starters played a significant amount of minutes. I hope fatigue isn't an issue tomorrow night....
                  We've won games and lost games in this situation and in the opposite situation before. One game winner-take-all, I think the better overall team will win, regardless. And we have the better overall team. We have more adequate bench players than they do so if anything, it's a wash.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I was just looking at minutes played. Our starters played a significant amount of minutes. I hope fatigue isn't an issue tomorrow night....
                    I dont think it will be.

Paris Lee playing 40 minutes tomorrow will.
                    Last edited by ShockerPrez; March 4, 2017, 09:06 PM.
                    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• After the 2-12 start, we walloped them 76-51. We need to avoid the ten-spot head start for the remainder of this season
                      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                      ---------------------------------------
                      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Anybody else notice that we crapped the bed for the first 4 minutes of the past two games? And that Rashard Kelly came in at exactly that time?

I don't think the rotation needs changed. But I do think Kelly really settles this team down. It's almost as if he has the best understanding of exactly what his role is, and when he comes in everyone else lock in to their roles.

Comment

• Another slow start today, hopefully we can avoid that tomorrow. Morris, Mcduffie, and Frankamp led the way offensively. The three of them had stretches where they took over. Overall our defense and rebounding was strong. Hats off to MSU, they gave us a game and made us work for 40 minutes. That was good to see in regards to how we would react. I thought we responded pretty good. Can't wait till tomorrow.

Comment

The only two who played over 30 were Shamet and Frankamp, and neither had a long night Friday, so I'm not worried, as the saying goes. The Jailbirds did get to take it easy in their game, but I'd be surprised if either team has a fatigue problem tomorrow unless it's Paris Lee getting worn out by trying to escape Zach Brown.

Edit: I just noticed one other guy who might get a little tired -- according to the ESPN box, MiKyle McIntosh took 13 shots in 15 minutes (!) tonight. Carmelo Anthony much? He may not have played that many minutes, but he was certainly busy while he was in. I suspect the Shocks may challenge him a bit more than SIU did.
                            Last edited by WSUwatcher; March 4, 2017, 11:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                              it's Paris Lee getting worn out by trying to escape Zach Brown.
                              I think that match ups will require that Shamet will have to guard Lee the bulk of the minutes. Brown and McDuffie will have to guard McIntosh and Hawkins. Shaq on Fayne.

Comment

• Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
                                Re:Lusk...I may be in the minority, and he might not becthe greatest coach of all time, but he really seems to be a good guy. Again, maybe I'm wrong...but he appears to be doing the best that he can with the resources he has to work with.
                                Resources he has to work with?? We have the best arena in the conference. Best locker rooms. A very good city that will back a winning team. What more resources could he need? He's an awful excuse for a coach.
                                MSUBearNation.com

Comment

Working...
                                X