2017 Maui Invitational

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
    What an intelligent, well-thought out statement.
    Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
      marshall says brown is ready now, you say he isn't. got it.
      If he can find more than mop-up minutes on this team, he's a one and done! I believe they call HCGM's statement "coach speak".

Comment

• Did someone say Shaw and Shaq in the same sentence? How did we not think this before?!?

I now dub Shaq as: GodShaqGod. Which means he's going to tear it up!

As far as the redshirt of Brown, well, I'm going to go ahead and let the coaches and players decided that one. Just this once, tho, Mr Marshall!

The fact there are not a lot of minutes does speak volumes tho. Marshall loves his system (as he should), and loves his veterans that know his system.

Early in the Non Con is when our newbies will have a chance to show if they're going to contribute more than spot minutes. I think 3G confirms this usually about 8-10 games into the noncon.

I'm guessing he'll know what to do. But I'll be watching, Sir.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
          I disagree with your opening statement. McDuffie, Brown, and Frankamp are much more likely to see about 25 minutes per game. Shamet probably gets 30. Kelly and Shaw with close to 20. That's about 145 minutes spoken for with the top 6 and 55 minutes for Willis, Nurger and whomever else makes the 10-11 man rotation.
          Give the credit to WUFAN for planting the Shaw seed.

Shaq = GodShaqGod
          Last edited by ShanShock; July 30, 2017, 02:01 PM.
          SHOCKERS & AWE

"Go Ahead, Try To Jinx Us" ~ The Monsters Of The Midwest

"Wichita State fans bring the noise to another level. The roar
          gets into your skull, giving you a mild case of vertigo."

Comment

• If the decision to redshirt does not have to be decided until just before the first game of the season, then that is when it should be made. Not in July.

Does anyone on this board, at this time, really know how good, or advanced, Rodgerick Brown really is? Perhaps, after scrimmaging with our players and being assisted by them and our coaches, 3G will be in a much better position to advise RB on that decision.

Besides, if we win a National Championship, we ain't going to have to be worried about recruiting outstanding BB players, for a very long time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShanShock View Post
              Forrest Gump - relax and have a chocolate covered shrimp

Comment

• Originally posted by I_Vector_Wu View Post
                Love Jeff Dunham
                SHOCKERS & AWE

"Go Ahead, Try To Jinx Us" ~ The Monsters Of The Midwest

"Wichita State fans bring the noise to another level. The roar
                gets into your skull, giving you a mild case of vertigo."

Comment

• Originally posted by ShauXTyme View Post
                  SMH. It always amazes me - the comprehension skills of many on this board - the inability to put together a string of comments, and understand the overall meaning of those comments.
                  This thread in particular is a nightmare. Spot on.

As for the Maui topic, I really wish I could go. Unfortunately I went just last summer. If I would have known the Shocks would be playing in it soon, I would have delayed my trip.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post
                    If he can find more than mop-up minutes on this team, he's a one and done! I believe they call HCGM's statement "coach speak".
                    Marshall isn't known for saying these kind of comments very often. Many times he actually tries to lower expectations.

You haven't been around long or paid much attention if you think Marshall throws out much "coach speak"
                    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                      Marshall isn't known for saying these kind of comments very often. Many times he actually tries to lower expectations.

You haven't been around long or paid much attention if you think Marshall throws out much "coach speak"
                      Yep. The next bush that 3G beats around will be the first.
                      78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
                        This thread in particular is a nightmare. Spot on.

As for the Maui topic, I really wish I could go. Unfortunately I went just last summer. If I would have known the Shocks would be playing in it soon, I would have delayed my trip.
                        We've only known for three years or so.
                        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                        ---------------------------------------
                        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                          We've only known for three years or so.
                          There's knowing a thing and then there's knowing a thing. I may know that I have a lunch appointment tomorrow, but that won't stop me from making a lunch appointment tomorrow.
                          Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

I don't think he throws out coach speak "much" either, but that doesn't preclude him from doing it occasionally when needed or appropriate. And as much as we all think he's the next thing close to God, that doesn't mean he can't be wrong. I stand by my statement, if a freshman can find more than mop-up minutes on this team, they will be a one and done!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mini-troll View Post
                              Marshall also put Conner at point. He is wrong sometimes.
                              He wasn't wrong

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post
                                I don't think he throws out coach speak "much" either, but that doesn't preclude him from doing it occasionally when needed or appropriate. And as much as we all think he's the next thing close to God, that doesn't mean he can't be wrong. I stand by my statement, if a freshman can find more than mop-up minutes on this team, they will be a one and done!
                                Furthermore, as far as I can tell, he said these words to a recruit who repeated them in an interview. It's not like it was a direct quote. And I agree with whoever previously said that being ready for D1 ball is not the same as getting minutes on a top-10 team.

Comment

Working...
                                X