Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's it! Love those guys.

Comment

• So do you all think that may have been our ceiling? All players playing top notch basketball. A very thorough game as Marshall said. If we continue to play like that, we just might do some damage in the NCAAs. But just gotta focus on getting there. Still a ways to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
        So do you all think that may have been our ceiling? All players playing top notch basketball. A very thorough game as Marshall said. If we continue to play like that, we just might do some damage in the NCAAs. But just gotta focus on getting there. Still a ways to go.
        I don't think last nights game was a "break through" game, but I do believe that it's set them up to have a good 4th quarter heading into March. So pretty much agreeing with your take.

Comment

• I don't think that's the ceiling. I think that's the first time they discovered what they can really do when they're motivated. The "regulars" are just starting to put it all together. Reaves, Willis, and Smith have shown that they are capable of a lot more than they showed Saturday.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Now they need to prove it to themselves against a very good opponent, in March. Once that happens, and it hasn't yet, they'll be at the confidence level of an Early, Baker, et al. Once that squad beat a #1 they moved to a different level. Home-court losses at home on Senior Night, which happened the same season, were now relegated to the realms of absurdity. I have no doubt that could happen with this team, and with this Coach.
            Last edited by ShockingButTrue; February 6, 2017, 12:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
              I don't think that's the ceiling. I think that's the first time they discovered what they can really do when they're motivated. The "regulars" are just starting to put it all together. Reaves, Willis, and Smith have shown that they are capable of a lot more than they showed Saturday.
              This....I also thought those three guys did not have their best games, so there's THAT ceiling, I guess.....

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                This....I also thought those three guys did not have their best games, so there's THAT ceiling, I guess.....
                He has been shooting it well, but I think Landry can raise his game a little more too

Comment

• the coach's radio show tonight (monday, 2-6-'17) should be most excellent.

Comment

• I'm still finding myself amused at the 180-turnaround 2 days later at the Redturd board. Going from wins at WSU and NCAA seed talk to NIT hoping and loss predictions at Drake

Good stuff.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                      I'm still finding myself amused at the 180-turnaround 2 days later at the Redturd board. Going from wins at WSU and NCAA seed talk to NIT hoping and loss predictions at Drake

Good stuff.
                      I'm really struggling with my decision about whether or not I want them to lose at Drake. It's obvious that I should root for them to win but it's just so hard

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                        I'm really struggling with my decision about whether or not I want them to lose at Drake. It's obvious that I should root for them to win but it's just so hard
                        I want them to lose at Drake to get the whole conference championship thing out of the way. Then they can win out until Sunday in STL

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                          I want them to lose at Drake to get the whole conference championship thing out of the way. Then they can win out until Sunday in STL
                          I guess the problem with the Drake game is the RPI bomb they will sustain even though Drake is a very competitive team right now.

Comment

• I am wondering if anyone else noticed that Darral Willis appeared to be not in the best of moods when he was sitting on the bench. Shaq was trying to goof around with him and he was having none of it. I hope everything is good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kochaddict View Post
                              I am wondering if anyone else noticed that Darral Willis appeared to be not in the best of moods when he was sitting on the bench. Shaq was trying to goof around with him and he was having none of it. I hope everything is good.
                              Didn't see it but wouldn't surprise me. These are the dog days of the season. As much as we fans enjoy it, the players have been at it since the summer and might start feeling tired, especially those new to the grind of Division I basketball. The fun times of March are still far enough away to not get excited just yet about it.

I'm hoping there's not anything else to it.
                              78-65

Comment

• Keep in mind that the Illinois State win is our only key win against a top 50th team and we do not under any circumstances want them to slide far down in the rankings.

Comment

Working...
                                X