WSU vs UNI game thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Singeril View Post
    Agreed...good interview and good press for this team as well as RB and FVV.
    He's an excellent interview.

Comment

• Nothing against Shaq, but he's moving steadily towards the #3 big man on this team. Nurger is playing smart and hard and Shaq seems to be disinterested and almost lazy. Its sad because when Shaq is dialed in and puts the effort down low he's almost unstoppable but that only seems to happen once or twice a game. I hope the best for him and I think its a great thing for us to have 3 bigs that can contribute for each other when fouls start mounting up.

Comment

• I think I said Connor would be 3-5 from 3. 3-4... I like it. :)

Comment

• Green Bay Packers finally scored

Comment

• UNI showed why they are in last place.
            WSU showed why they are in first place.
            Refs showed their collective......uhhhhh.....expertise.
            For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
            - said no one ever...

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

You know what I like more than candy? 15-16 on throws on the cold and lonely road for our beloved Shocks today. That is 93.8%. UNI did the same according to that chart? Yikes!!! You know what I like better than ice-cream? We only had 9 TO's and 15 assist to UNI's 10-TO but only 8 assists. You know what I like better than cookies? 38 Us and 17 UNI on bench points. As the song says--"these are a few of my favorite thangs bay-bay!!!!!!!"
              Last edited by forevershockerfan; January 8, 2017, 05:15 PM.
              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockthemonkey View Post
                Nothing against Shaq, but he's moving steadily towards the #3 big man on this team. Nurger is playing smart and hard and Shaq seems to be disinterested and almost lazy. Its sad because when Shaq is dialed in and puts the effort down low he's almost unstoppable but that only seems to happen once or twice a game. I hope the best for him and I think its a great thing for us to have 3 bigs that can contribute for each other when fouls start mounting up.
                Nurger's best quality may be that he plays smart and doesn't try to do too much. He takes whats there offensively and doesn't force shots. On defense he does a nice job of staying vertical and forcing the opponent to simply shoot over a really tall guy.
                Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
                  Nurger's best quality may be that he plays smart and doesn't try to do too much. He takes whats there offensively and doesn't force shots. On defense he does a nice job of staying vertical and forcing the opponent to simply shoot over a really tall guy.
                  Nurger looked really focused today and played under control. With Shaq, MM, and Willis spending Valley Pine Time touch foul minutes we are so used to on the cold and lonely road, it was nice to see Nurger, Kelly, Hamilton, and Brown step up and produce as well.
                  Last edited by forevershockerfan; January 8, 2017, 05:19 PM.
                  Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Rumor has it someone tore into Nurger a few weeks ago in practice, telling him to man up. Message received.
                    I thought Shaq was ok...Coach needs to just accept that he fouls. Can't pull him just because he gets 2 because he's not finishing games anyway. Just my opinion.
                    Last edited by Shockers5150; January 8, 2017, 05:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockers5150 View Post
                      Rumor has it someone tore into Nurger a few weeks ago in practice, telling him to man up. Message received.
                      3G said on the coaches show last week he told him he didn't think they knew what rebounding was in Estonia. Said Nurg didn't think it was funny.
                      Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• so, the party line is that illinois state has the most talented team in the mvc and jacobsen is the best coach? got it.

goodbye mvc.. hello aac.

Comment

• Personally, I would prefer to rebuild the Valley, although I realize that is only a pipedream.

Comment

Personally, I would prefer to rebuild the Valley, although I realize that is only a pipedream.
                            The valley has to want to rebuild first

Comment

Personally, I would prefer to rebuild the Valley, although I realize that is only a pipedream.
                              Put down the pipe.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Frankamp, Reaves and Shamet combined for 10-15 from 3. That's the kind of shooting I like from those 3.

Comment

Working...
                                X