Ideas to improve schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post
    Agreed! As I recall, most, if not everyone, was lauding this schedule before the start of the season. My question is, what would the rankings look like had the Shocks won all of the three they lost or even two of the three?
    If we Lost to UL, Won Vs MSU and Won vs OSU we would be at RPI 36 vs RPI 96

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
      I'd settle for just getting the MSU game back. That was the one we had a shot in. Even that by itself would certainly help

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
        Just accept the offer to join the AAC.
        If only it were that simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
          This conversation probably wouldn't be taking place if that was the case. We'd probably be a top 20 team. It probably would be a conversation with Gotleib or chicken fans. Hypothetically.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            Nah, we don't have anyone that can run the ball like Myhaulick.
            Their football team can't run the ball like that.
            "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
            -John Wooden

Comment

There is always a bright side somewhere and ours is that our young, very inexperienced team, very early in the season, gained some very valuable experience against some very good players and teams that is now starting to pay off. And I'm betting that it will pay off in spades come tournament season.

Further, next year, we will be very tough to beat throughout the entire season from start to finish.

Comment

Just noticed that according to LiveRPI, 9 of 10 MVC teams are #170 or better this year. Drake is the only team lower than 170.

Illinois State may be the only good win available in the conference season, but the conference is probably not a minefield of bad losses either.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post
                  Agreed! As I recall, most, if not everyone, was lauding this schedule before the start of the season. My question is, what would the rankings look like had the Shocks won all of the three they lost or even two of the three?
                  Currently WSU RPI is around 94, WSU RPI would be 32 had they won 2 of 3 (I assumed MSU and OSU as wins).

WSU would be projected to go 27-3 with a Top 25 RPI (right now WSU is projected to 25-5, with RPI around 45).

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                    Currently WSU RPI is around 94, WSU RPI would be 32 had they won 2 of 3 (I assumed MSU and OSU as wins).

WSU would be projected to go 27-3 with a Top 25 RPI (right now WSU is projected to 25-5, with RPI around 45).
                    Were the projected losses identified?

Comment

As long as we are stuck in the MVC I think we should strive to
                      have the toughest schedule possible before league play. If that
                      means mostly road games without return games so be it. It would
                      be good for recruiting and our fans. In addition, it would make
                      our teams better for post season.

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                        As long as we are stuck in the MVC I think we should strive to
                        have the toughest schedule possible before league play. If that
                        means mostly road games without return games so be it. It would
                        be good for recruiting and our fans. In addition, it would make
                        our teams better for post season.
                        Other than the fact that our coach has always been strongly against this road, it may have made sense prior to the last half dozen or so years. But, WSU has reached a level today whereby virtually anyone who is a college BB fan knows what we have accomplished and that we have a top notch program. My experience a few years back whenever the subject came up about BB with someone and I mentioned the Shockers, I would get the response, "Oh, I didn't know they were still playing BB." But for the last several years, it is, "Wow, you guys have really turned your program around and it is great seeing a smaller conference school doing so well."

Now is certainly not the time to panic. We have just this year seen OU and OSU schedule us with home and home games and now once that trend has been established, it is very possible that other BCS schools may very well soon follow.

After all, we can't be the only school who is looking to schedule a school whose program is not going to tank the year we schedule them. And based on Marshall's record over a significant amount of time, we should be an ideal school to schedule. Wish some Wichita like schools out there would consider scheduling us as well.

Plus, I don't see what our home fans get out of playing no return games with anyone other than the thrill of beating them on the road. Not sure how the reduction of home games would go over either. But that certainly is up to our home fans whose attendance at both home and away games has been truly outstanding and noteworthy.

Comment

Guys, guys. Let's just have a bake sale. Maybe a cake raffle. We could also do a few charity car washes. I know a guy who knows a guy who's a DJ on a local AM radio station and can maybe do an on-site for us.

After that, it's all a matter of figuring out who we want to play and when.
                          The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Working...
                          X