WSU Versus Indiana State Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU Versus Indiana State Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Here's the deal. Next week we leaf to begin Valley Time versus the Picks on the cold and lonely road at downtown Terre Haute. The Shocks don't need no eggs in their beer but rather will be reminded that a nice road win to start this Valley trek will be important. IMO, we could win this Race with 3 losses but no use getting a log-jam started from the get-go.

The Sycamores beat #16 Butler, Utah State and just beat Eastern Illinois in double overtime. Brenton Scott is the real deal and joined by Matt Van Scyoc and TJ Bell. The trees are 6-6 and should finish somewhere around the middle of the pack this Season in Valley play and will be tough on home games to beat. They are Coached by Greg Lansing.

The Shocks will stump them with our team-play and offense, tear them from limb to limb with our D-Fence, and then we will drain their sap with our quality depth. If we can keep our fouling to a mild road, clean glass, and establish our inside game and compliment it with outside makes, we will be finer than a frog-hair. Look for #11 to score 11 and lead us to a 11-3 overall record. Willis will snag 11 rebounds and our 4 guards will combine for 44 points as we win by 11.

Zacchaeus--Sycamore Trees, and 2-Birds------ 59

Chadrack, 2 Zachs, and A-Reaves-We-Know.--70
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

WSU 74
    InSt 62
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
      Here's the deal. Next week we leaf to begin Valley Time versus the Picks on the cold and lonely road at downtown Terre Haute. The Shocks don't need no eggs in their beer but rather will be reminded that a nice road win to start this Valley trek will be important. IMO, we could win this Race with 3 losses but no use getting a log-jam started from the get-go.

The Sycamores beat #16 Butler, Utah State and just beat Eastern Illinois in double overtime. Brenton Scott is the real deal and joined by Matt Van Scyoc and TJ Bell. The trees are 6-6 and should finish somewhere around the middle of the pack this Season in Valley play and will be tough on home games to beat. They are Coached by Greg Lansing.

The Shocks will stump them with our team-play and offense, tear them from limb to limb with our D-Fence, and then we will drain their sap with our quality depth. If we can keep our fouling to a mild road, clean glass, and establish our inside game and compliment it with outside makes, we will be finer than a frog-hair. Look for #11 to score 11 and lead us to a 11-3 overall record. Willis will snag 11 rebounds and our 4 guards will combine for 44 points as we win by 11.

Will this game be an ESPN 3 game? Is there a blackout for Kansas only?

Comment

Anyone here going to the game?? I'm ready for some post X-Mas basketball, even if it means I have to drive to Terre Haute, IN!! :excitement:

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post

Just as an FYI... TJ Bell left the team and "retired" from basketball last week... not sure if you were aware.

Comment

Shocks by 19.
            "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Believe it is on Cox 22

Comment

I just wanna know...will we see any man-to-man defenses the rest of the way?
                FINAL FOURS:
                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                #3 - Dec. 2017
                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                #2 ~ March 2014
                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
                  Believe it is on Cox 22
                  I will be in Missouri. No Cox 22.

Are there other options?

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                    Will this game be an ESPN 3 game? Is there a blackout for Kansas only?
                    Channel 22 as mentioned but also a 6-p.m. start time.
                    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Are there other options?
                      Usually if it's on Cox 22, it's on ESPN3 for those of us outside of Kansas.

Comment

Are there other options?
                        I think all Cox games are carried on ESPN3. But I'm not sure if the blackout follows your phone to Missouri.
                        You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Shox 67
                          Trees 60
                          Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
                            I think all Cox games are carried on ESPN3. But I'm not sure if the blackout follows your phone to Missouri.
                            Blackouts not a problem if you download the Betternet app. Works like a charm.

Comment

For any of my fellow Illinois/Iowa/Indiana based Shocker fans it looks like this game will be live on CSN Chicago Plus. It will be followed by MSU @ UNI at 8pm as part of an MVC doubleheader

Comment

Working...
                              X