WSU Versus S. Dakota St. Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU Versus S. Dakota St. Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Hare's the deal. 21st. and Hillside is no IHOP but rather "The House Of Shock"!!!!!!! "The Post you are about to read is sort of true. The names might slightly change to protect the innocent". SDS will hit the road and there will be Jackrabbits in our House. They are now 6-7, have won 2 games in a row including a close overtime win 88-84 last night versus Murray State. The Jacks also hit the road Monday night to play Drake. I wonder if the Bulldawgs will give them "The Redbirds are the most talented from 1-12 in the Valley speech." Dunno and don't care.

SDS play in the Summit Conference, know how to Dance, and are Coached by T.J. Otzelberger. They are led by Mike "Dum De Dum, Dum", "Dum De Dum Dum Daum" and Andre Wallace. Both players are leaders and solid players and will be on the Shocker radar. Last Season the Jackrabbits were 12-4 in there Conference and if they beat Drake, they will have 3 wins in a row. N. Iowa beat them recently 86-58.

The loss last night will not cause 3G to say "what's up Doc" but rather will be a process of getting our beloved Shocks back to the basics. Coach Marshall will figure it out as always. I'm not sure who the starters will be but the 10 man rotation will continue. The margin for error is fragile for the Shocks to Dance so look for the Shocks to regroup and attempt to improve with each and every game. The narrative of "Play Angry" will be a must.

Mt. Rushmore--56

Mt. Shaqwall---70
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Shox will win, fans won't show. My prediction.

Comment

Well, just studied the Season Stat Sheet and processing the Season thus far and this is what a guy that has never made one thin dime coaching predicts might work for our rotation next game.

1. Smith 2. Shamet 3. MM 4. Willis 5. Shaq.

CF and Austin will be called on for every game and will have hot games. Now let's just say with the issues of Shaq and fouls we can't afford to start him, then what?

1. Smith 2. Shamet 3. Brown 4. MM 5. Willis.

Against Oklahoma, I think 3G did play both Brown and MM at the same time in the 2nd half and I still think they are 2 of our 5 top players IMO. In real tough and close games, our rotation of 10 may go back to 9 unless team fouls are a problem until the game is decided. These are only guesses but I do expect some more adjustments made after last night.
      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockers5150 View Post
        Shox will win, fans won't show. My prediction.
        there were approximately 15,000 highly disgruntled shocker fans navigating home through near-blizzard conditions after that farce. many of them will be pissed off for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
          there were approximately 15,000 highly disgruntled shocker fans navigating home through near-blizzard conditions after that farce. many of them will be pissed off for a while.
          The snow had ended, at least north and west of IBA, before the game ended. We had zero blowing snow going back to Great Bend.
          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
          ---------------------------------------
          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
            The snow had ended, at least north and west of IBA, before the game ended. We had zero blowing snow going back to Great Bend.
            Let's just say that I believe Shocker fans showed up much better against St Louis than most of our players (coaches) did against OSU and leave it at that.

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
              really? okay.. don't say you weren't given a heads up. there will be plenty of empty seats vs. sdsu.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                Well, just studied the Season Stat Sheet and processing the Season thus far and this is what a guy that has never made one thin dime coaching predicts might work for our rotation next game.

1. Smith 2. Shamet 3. MM 4. Willis 5. Shaq.

CF and Austin will be called on for every game and will have hot games. Now let's just say with the issues of Shaq and fouls we can't afford to start him, then what?

1. Smith 2. Shamet 3. Brown 4. MM 5. Willis.

Against Oklahoma, I think 3G did play both Brown and MM at the same time in the 2nd half and I still think they are 2 of our 5 top players IMO. In real tough and close games, our rotation of 10 may go back to 9 unless team fouls are a problem until the game is decided. These are only guesses but I do expect some more adjustments made after last night.
                Second lineup very interesting. I like that!
                Doubt if we see it though.

Comment

Fun year thus far. Some ups and downs. Marshall's most tedious project this season with expectations set from prior years. Will be so very interesting to see how this season turns out. Me thinks we will be pleasantly happy when all is said and done. Coach gonna go nuts and get these guys ballin'.
                  FINAL FOURS:
                  1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                  1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                  Number of Times Ranked: 157
                  Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                  Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                  Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                  #3 - Dec. 2017
                  #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                  #2 ~ March 2014
                  Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Bloodbath

Shox by 30

Comment

Shockers 86
                      Jackrabbits 60

Comment

I predict the Shocks are going to be battered, bruised, and tired for the next couple days while 3G has many teaching moments in regards to hustle and toughness. They will come out Thursday night prepared to use all of those lessons in order to not have another week of it after Christmas. Shox win by 25, but only because the bench is cleared early.

Changed my mind. 87-56, Shox don't let up quite as early as expected.
                        Last edited by ShockdaWorld; December 21, 2016, 11:34 AM. Reason: Changed my mind
                        "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

I predict about 8000 actual butts in seats, a gaping hole in the student section, and a CenturyLink type atmosphere.

Should be a great send off to Christmas.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                            I predict about 8000 actual butts in seats, a gaping hole in the student section, and a CenturyLink type atmosphere.

Should be a great send off to Christmas.
                            I fear that you will be correct.

“Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Pretty much guarantee there will be a ton of great GA tickets available for those that complain about never being able to find a ticket.
                              "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Working...
                              X