X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
    are we currently over committed?
    yes by one currently...........and spring signings could increase that
    Last edited by pinstripers; December 18, 2016, 12:15 AM.

Comment

• Get real-time COLLEGEBASKETBALL basketball coverage and scores as Oklahoma State Cowboys takes on Wichita State Shockers. We bring you the latest game previews, live stats, and recaps on CBSSports.com

Comment

• We got our asses handed to us...period. Too bad the passion of all Shocker Nation can't be distilled into an elixir for the team. We are learning and growing experience. I was almost court side and surprised by the lack of talking on defense. Here's a bit, have our guys scream their lungs out on screens, cutters and shots up block out. Do it loud, do it right, perhaps that would help intimidate our opponents! Get em next time boys!
        When your not practicing, someone somewhere is and when you meet him...he'll beat you.

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post
          I have the same complaint. He has lost the mojo of a scorer. I don't know that he will ever find it again. I feel like he needs to get in there and run his mouth a little - Something to get the bloom flowing.

As a CF apologist - I have come to the conclusion he is not the answer HCGM is looking for and there is a good chance he will never be more than a forgettable role player.
          It's too bad. He defers shots to guys that can't make shots. He is someone that needs to jack it 8-10 times a game, get a rhythm. But I'm afraid you're right. Something happened to his game confidence, not just in making shots, but even being willing to take them. He and Shamet were key guys in my thinking this team could really compete, and both are falling flat.
          There's still time though... :)

Comment

• This loss is on the coaching staff. IMO.

Comment

• Right now we are an NIT team, at best. However, come March we could very well be much better than we are now. We are definitely a work in progress. Regardless, our only path to the NCAA tourney is to win the Valley tournament.

Let's be patient and allow this team to grow and mature. Don't forget that Coach said at the beginning of the season that this is a young team, and there are going to be a lot of ups and downs with them. Clearly were not ready to play at the level of top 25 caliber teams. However, there is a lot of potential and upside with this team. I am confident that 3G and staff will get the team there in time.
              ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post
                I have the same complaint. He has lost the mojo of a scorer. I don't know that he will ever find it again. I feel like he needs to get in there and run his mouth a little - Something to get the bloom flowing.

As a CF apologist - I have come to the conclusion he is not the answer HCGM is looking for and there is a good chance he will never be more than a forgettable role player.
                He had his mojo with 4.9 seconds left in the first half. He took control and got a basket for the Shocks at the buzzer. i would like to see more of that CF. He seems afraid to shoot. I think he needs to shoot and see what happens. IMO that is the only way he is going to get his confidence back.

Comment

• mudd, I don't argue your points but the way you end your posts makes me want to settle our differences.
                  Last edited by William; December 18, 2016, 02:26 AM.
                  THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE

You can call me Bill

Comment

• Amazing how somebody always says "this loss is on the coaching staff." ; This loss is on the team (including players and coaches). You think they don't know that? It was

Comment

• Amazing how somebody always says "this loss is on the coaching staff." This loss is on the team (including players and coaches). You think they don't know that? It was a very poor showing indeed, no doubt about it.

Comment

• Regarding CF (and almost everyone else)...you would be afraid to shoot too if every time you missed the coach would yank you out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Royalno5 View Post
                          I am concerned that our success has not led to a great increase in talent. Is Shamet really our highest recruit.
                          So Underwood inherited better talent than Marshall has after 10 years?

Comment

• Oklahoma State played with passion and confidence; we didn't show up.

Comment

• They beat us up and stole our lunch money and we just laid there and TOOK it.

Comment

• Actually, I thought Oklahoma was slightly better than the Cowboys so I really thought this would be a tough game, but we would win at Intrust Arena as always before. Ooops. We faced a team that was hot, well coached, and much better than I thought. Even so, I Knew their guards were tough but I truly thought we could slow 1 or both of them down to a mild roar. We didn't and the Cowboys had several other players that also played tough last night. What happened to us last night will likely happen this Season to most every team in the Country at least once or more. Basketball is a game of constant reminders of reality of "on a given night"!! Even so, our Shocks rarely get beat like that and in Wichita we rarely get it handed to us like that. Now it is time to plunge forward, right the ship, and take care of our business at hand, one game at a time. We have all had awful days at the work place and this happens on the hardwood as well, even in Wichita. Tomorrow is another day and we try to learn the lessons that teach us to avoid lots of bad days at the office. Our beloved Shocks will be fine.
                                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Working...
                                X