WSU Versus Oklahoma Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
    let's just hope that frankamp doesn't shoot against ou like he shot against slu.
    Slightly below his career average?

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
      Slightly below his career average?
      1 for 5 from the field. tsk tsk is that really slightly below his career average? i hope 20% is way below his career average.

Comment

1 for 5 from the field. tsk tsk is that really slightly below his career average? i hope 20% is way below his career average.
        Oh, my bad. I tend to forget his 2PA since he takes one every other game.

Comment

Wouldn't surprise me if we lost, wouldn't surprise me if we won. This is a tough game to predict. Should be a fun game to watch. I will cautiously pick us to lose by a few, this is still a young, inexperienced team trying to gel, and they aren't quite there yet. I'm not predicting a score, but I say we lose by... 6.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
            Oh, my bad. I tend to forget his 2PA since he takes one every other game.
            true enough. i think it's his one two-point attempt that was an air-ball.

c'mon, connor. have fun out there.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfanmas View Post
              Wouldn't surprise me if we lost, wouldn't surprise me if we won. This is a tough game to predict. Should be a fun game to watch. I will cautiously pick us to lose by a few, this is still a young, inexperienced team trying to gel, and they aren't quite there yet. I'm not predicting a score, but I say we lose by... 6.
              Be sure to cheer loudly at your tv!

Comment

His two point miss came in the first half and was rebounded by ZB. Pretty certain his air ball was in the second half from in front of the bench in the corner. Couldn't see his feet, but believe all of his attempts in the second half were three-point attempts
                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                ---------------------------------------
                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfanmas View Post
                  You might want to just lay in bed and listen to the radio with the lights out. Wouldn't want you to suffer eye strain on behalf of the shockers. Be sure to turn the radio way down, Mike and Bob might use their outside voices which can be very traumatic.

Comment

kers 69
                    ners 63
                    For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
                    - said no one ever...

Comment

I agree. I hate to be body language guy but I've never seen anyone look like they were having less fun playing a game. Some people are just wound tighter than others I guess...

Comment

Moved to St. Loo Game Thread
                        Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 7, 2016, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                          His two point miss came in the first half and was rebounded by ZB. Pretty certain his air ball was in the second half from in front of the bench in the corner. Couldn't see his feet, but believe all of his attempts in the second half were three-point attempts
                          that's right. but to be fair, his two-point attempt barely hit the rim.

connor, it's just as easy to put effort into having fun as it is to put effort into being anal retentive.

csu vs shockers show up, they win. slu vs shockers show up, they lose.

sidenote: i like daishon at the point (even if he does have a couple of bad turnovers per game). i thought he was game mvp against csu.. he had beautiful assists on the back-to-back threes that broke the game open around the eight minute mark of the second half.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                            I was strictly going by statistics. Bad teams can make good teams look bad and I think that's what happened last night. There was nothing sexy about the W, mainly because how inept SLU was, but I will take those statistics for the OU game.

Complaining about 30 point wins, including holding teams to 9 points in a half. Go figure.
                            Normally, when you hold an opponent scoreless for the first 9 minutes of a game, it a very big deal. The better the opponent, the much bigger the deal. The lesser the opponent, it may lose a little luster, but not much because of how hard it is to do. Unfortunately, when that opponent is a lesser opponent, your at home, and only score 13 points yourself in that time (that's about a 57 point game clip), it detracts from the dominance factor. Even for many good Shocker fans, offense drives the bus. I might have even been more impressed if at under 9 minutes we were ahead 18-4. Both defense and offense would have been clicking.

In this case, with under 5 minutes to go in the half, the score was 21-9 and a lot of that great D on a lesser opponent was lost. Then came the 15-0 run in 4 1/2 minutes and everyone felt much better.

The second half play that led to a drubbing of 39-36 is not how I hope we play against OU. That score is OK, not the play.

Comment

Shox-70
                              Ou-64

Comment

After glancing through a few boards with few comments in Sooner land, the big question is, "Will there be booze at the 'Peake?" The closest thing to watch out for WSU was "it could be interesting"

I saw WSU get beat by 77-55 on December 21, 1974 at the Field House in Norman. My sisters were Shockettes and since school was out, I got to ride down with them and sit at the edge of the court. I was in junior high and yelled at Alvan Adams the whole game. Mind you I grew up 5 hours northwest of Wichita, so this was a major excursion for me. Riding in a car full of college co-eds did make the time fly however! I want payback.

WSU 77
                                Chipmunks 55
                                Robin Roberts: "My mother used to say, when you strut, you stumble."

Comment

Working...
                                X