WSU Versus Oklahoma Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU Versus Oklahoma Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Here's the deal. The song called "Oklahoma" speaks of "the wavin wheat that can sure smell sweet when the wind comes right behind the rain and mentions termaters and pertaters." How can our Shocks win versus the Sooners and not Later? In Oklahoma's loss against the Badgers of Wisconsin, they had 16 turnovers but only 4 assists. In forsaken Orlando, they lost to UNI and had 13 assists but 24 turnovers. So 40 minute of "play angry D" as we had in the first half tonight would be great for starters. This is a 3-p.m. starting time this Saturday and a win the Shocks really want to get. It would have been awesome to play them last Season and see the Bake, Fred versus Buddy and Cousins. Even so, this should be a fun but tough game too.

Oklahoma plays Oral Roberts on Dec. 7th and are 5-2 right now. They were 29-8 and 12-6 last Season and led by Woodard and Lattin and Coached by Lon Kruger who is a solid Coach IMO. The Shocks want to run the table versus Tulsa, Oklahoma, and Ok. State. 1 down and 2 to go. Three such wins would look su-weet on our resume'.

We are heading South to Shaq Country in his old neck of the woods. Look for Shaq to avoid fouling and play solid in this game. Our 10 man rotation varies and in many games, our bench scores more than our starters. Imagine trying to assemble an accurate Scouting Report of our beloved Shocks? Spooky bay-bay!!!!!!!!!!! Our Shocks need to clean glass sparkly clean, play stingy D. and keep sharing the ball as we continue to find our best chemistry which varies game in and game out versus the Sooner Schooners. I like the way our 4 guards are playing and predict they combine for 44 in this 7 point surpass. A win there would make us 9-2 with 5 games in a row. You like?

Wagoneers------- 65

Shocking Wheat-72
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Excited to drive up for this one.

WSU 71
    OU 69

Comment

WSU 71
      OU 61

Comment

WSU 77
        OU 65

Any bets on whether there are more Shocker fans or Sooners in attendance?
        Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Shox by 8
          "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

1. We have ten above average players
            2. We don't have ANY great players
            3. We are not a top 20 team................yet. Deserve a 30-35 ranking
            4. Need to win our next two to climb to the top 25. Could happen.
            5. MM, SM, and CF all have to elevate their games for that to happen.
            6. Win the next two and we could possibly win out the regular season.
            7. And the MVC tournament
            8. RK, ZB, DW and DS have to prove they can play with the big boys
            9. Wild cards AR-15 and DS - are they as good as they have looked so far?
            10. Shocks 69-66 Saturday

Comment

Very excited to have the Shockers come visit me in my new home town. I expect more yellow in the stands than maroon.

We'll probably start flat, but finish the half strong, and then hopefully start to run away with it in the 2nd half.

Shockers - 74
              Sooners - 61

Comment

Road warriors 73
                Sooners 68
                I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

ou pulls the upset, i'm afraid.

Comment

Is there an OU board that has any basketball activity? I went to LandThieves to see what the fans might be thinking but they are still locked into football mode.

Shocks - 75

Sooners - 65
                    One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxthemonkey View Post
                      Is there an OU board that has any basketball activity? I went to LandThieves to see what the fans might be thinking but they are still locked into football mode.

Shocks - 75

Sooners - 65
                      They are locked into football mode 24 X 7 X 365.

No-one cares about basketball.
                      Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

WSU 72
                        OU 68

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                          If you're referring to a Vegas line with regards to an upset, then I'm guessing on this game it would technically be us pulling off the upset. I doubt we're the favorites.

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                            After the CSU prediction, this makes me feel even better about beating OU.
                            "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                              If you're referring to a Vegas line with regards to an upset, then I'm guessing on this game it would technically be us pulling off the upset. I doubt we're the favorites.
                              Gottlieb isn't setting the line. Vegas isn't interested in losing money.

Comment

Working...
                              X