Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WU 74
    TU 63
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
      If all that is true, I hope we do not give up 60.
      I don't see their starting lineup going 0-fer in the assist column again. It was an interesting stat, but certainly a fluke. Getting better, pace of the game, and a late scoring surge against JR, Malone, Bush, Barney, Hamilton will help them.

But I wouldn't be surprised if we hold them in the low-to-mid 50s either.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
        ...Unless the tickets were claimed by students but never used. I believe that has been the case in the past. Perhaps the AD should consider reducing the number of student tickets available and making the top half of the section GA
        That problem is more under control now because students can get one game at a time and closer to when the game is played. We really need to advertise that lots of GA tickets are available before every game.

Comment

So far this season the ticket office has done a poor job advertising when tickets are released. I think its the general consensus of the students that if you don't go pick up the tickets within the first couple hours of their availability then they are gone. A few years ago this was the case when they released 3 games at a time, but now that they are released individually people are not picking them up at the same rate. I had a few tests last week and didn't realize the Tulsa pickup had already happened, so this morning I called the ticket office to see if there were tickets still available and they said there were. After work I'll go try and snag mine. Not sure who is in charge of marketing the release dates but overall I don't think much is said on the days that they are released to the students so there is no knowledge of the tickets even becoming available. If someone tweeted a count of how many remain students might have the games on their radar a bit more.

Comment

Probably sounds crazy to predict another team to score REALLY low again. I am not sure the Shox can or will guard like they have been every night. However, I can't imagine Tulsa's offense is better than LBSU coming in. Definately not the experience. And LBSU only put up 55 pts. I expect defense will be a high level again, but we don't shoot 3's quite as well.

Shox - 72
            Tulsa - 49
            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Not televised?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                Not televised?
                That's good news, because that should mean the ESPN3 feed will not be blacked out locally.

Comment

I predict the shox win by 30+

WSU-85
                  Tulsa-50

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                    Not televised?
                    Espn3 only i believe. Which means everyone can watch it.
                    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

I want this to be another 30 plus point win. After watching Tulsa last year celebrating like they won the National Championship against us, it gave me a serious case of the red ass and I would like to see some humiliation dispensed on our part.

Comment

88-48 Shox by 40 If Tulsa has 20 or less turnovers. More than 20, and it could really get out of hand.
                        "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Marshall calls off the dogs.

Gene 70
                          Nolan 50

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                            I want this to be another 30 plus point win. After watching Tulsa last year celebrating like they won the National Championship against us, it gave me a serious case of the red ass and I would like to see some humiliation dispensed on our part.
                            I had forgotten about that, but since you mentioned it, it started coming back to me. Didn't they storm the court?
                            78-65

Comment

Context.

Be thankful all that we have to complain about - fan support wise - are oddball games when the last few rows of the student section aren't filled, or when small pockets of the big money seats aren't occupied.

^This is Tulsa's crowd during the intros from their last game on Friday. This is a program with some respectable lineage, history, and pride, and it looks like they're playing a HS game at East High.

Damn.

Comment

Originally posted by Royalno5 View Post
                                Marshall calls off the dogs.

Gene 70
                                Nolan 50
                                But he has no puppies to put in. We have a roster full of pit bulls.

Comment

Working...
                                X