No announcement yet.

Conner Frankamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If we're down 3 with 10 seconds on the clock, who do you want taking the three? Assume we can set up our offense and we could have CF, LS, AR, MM, or whoever you want, on the floor.

Does Shamet's athleticism and height give him the nod over CF?

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
      If we're down 3 with 10 seconds on the clock, who do you want taking the three? Assume we can set up our offense and we could have CF, LS, AR, MM, or whoever you want, on the floor.

You give it to whoever they decide to play off of. Throw RN as the 5th. You literally can't leave any of those 5 open at the 3 pt line.

Comment

If we're down 3 with 10 seconds on the clock, who do you want taking the three? Assume we can set up our offense and we could have CF, LS, AR, MM, or whoever you want, on the floor.

You may need to start a new thread with that question.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
          You give it to whoever they decide to play off of. Throw RN as the 5th. You literally can't leave any of those 5 open at the 3 pt line.
          I'm not sure I've paid attention well enough to know if Shaq or Kelly are setting significantly better screens than Nurger. I get the sense Nurger is probably setting good enough screens, but the potential for him to drain a 3 after the screen makes him the best 5 in this scenario.

Comment

I'd vote Shamet. Mostly because he's also a 40%+ 3pt shooter, but you could decoy the crap out of it with Frankamp.

Comment

I'm not sure I've paid attention well enough to know if Shaq or Kelly are setting significantly better screens than Nurger. I get the sense Nurger is probably setting good enough screens, but the potential for him to drain a 3 after the screen makes him the best 5 in this scenario.
              Without a doubt, Shaq is the best screen setter. He's just a big man to get around. He's also the most likely to get an incorrectly called foul IMO. I'd still go with RN.

Comment

That's going to \depend on how the opponent is defending and what trends they've shown during the game. With Nurger, McDuffie, Shamet, and Frankmap on the floor, there are a lot of decoy opportunities.

If it's a 2-point deficit instead of 3, then it's Frankamp. McDuffie and Shamet can get up pretty high if there's an offensive rebound opportunity.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                  That's going to \depend on how the opponent is defending and what trends they've shown during the game. With Nurger, McDuffie, Shamet, and Frankmap on the floor, there are a lot of decoy opportunities.

If it's a 2-point deficit instead of 3, then it's Frankamp. McDuffie and Shamet can get up pretty high if there's an offensive rebound opportunity.
                  If its a 2 point game, you probably want CF, LS, MM, RK, SM on the floor. CF taking a shot with LS, MM, RK, and SM crashing the boards.

Comment

• You guys all think we're going to be behind at some point the rest of the way?

Interesting......

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      You guys all think we're going to be behind at some point the rest of the way?

Interesting......
                      And by rest of the way, you mean?

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                        You guys all think we're going to be behind at some point the rest of the way?

Interesting......
                        Ha, very good. I was just thinking about posting, "if we continue in this trajectory it could be a while before we have to worry about that scenario."

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                          Had his 12 minutes in the first half been as productive as his second half, he'd have had 26.7 points on 20 shots, 5 rebounds and 5 assists in 30 minutes.
                          I question that he would have had 26.7 points.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                            I could see a scenario where Elgin creates an emergency rule change effective at half-time that Conner's 3's are only worth 2.7 points. Gotta make it fair and all.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                              Isn't a rim-out worth 0.7?
                              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                              ---------------------------------------
                              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                                Isn't a rim-out worth 0.7?
                                If they are, MVC fans would think they won 80% of their games against WSU the last 5 years.

Comment

Working...
                                X