X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys!
    Livin the dream

Comment

Once CJ gets locked into this level of play and shoots the ball more consistent, watch out!!! I like what I witnessed from him tonight. When Austin got the wind knocked out of him, I too was gasping for air, concerned he was injured. He takes charges quite well.
      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
        Once CJ gets locked into this level of play and shoots the ball more consistent, watch out!!! I like what I witnessed from him tonight. When Austin got the wind knocked out of him, I too was gasping for air, concerned he was injured. He takes charges quite well.
        He really has no fear, and just steps in there and takes those charges. I would guess, if anyone is keeping track, he's probably leading the team in that regard.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
          He really has no fear, and just steps in there and takes those charges. I would guess, if anyone is keeping track, he's probably leading the team in that regard.
          Drawing charges may be the one area where Austins weight gets him some calls. He really goes flying. I cringe every time he gets slammed though. That kid is tough.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
            Drawing charges may be the one area where Austins weight gets him some calls. He really goes flying. I cringe every time he gets slammed though. That kid is tough.
            If the old adage that says "The best thing about Freshmen is they become Soph's" is accurate, next Season should be groovy not to mention their last 2 Seasons here. Yikes!!!!!!!

Comment

I'm certainly excited to see what this starting line-up will look like in 2019:

6-6, 210 lb Austin Reaves - PG
              6-4, 210 lb Landry Shamet - SG
              6-3, 215 lb CJ Keyser - SF
              6-9, 225 lb Markis McDuffie - PF
              7-0, 270 lb Asbjorn Midtgaard - C
              Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

Not to mention the new exciting recruits to compliment them on the 2nd 5 since we know our Coaching Staff shave daily as clean as a whistle.

Comment

Only one Sr on that team, but he's a pretty good one.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
                    Jake White would stand there for a spell like a statue, not even twitch an eye, get smashed like a pancake, and rarely get the benefit of drawing a charge. Austin on the other hand does draw charges and is learning the art of Marshall style Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                      Only one Sr on that team, but he's a pretty good one.
                      Don't forget JUCO PG SHJ. He will be a senior as well.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

Don't forget JUCO PG SHJ. He will be a senior as well.
                        I suspect SHJ will be a minute-eater and role player. From what I've seen of his JuCo stats, he's more of a SG who can play point. Maybe that's just the way his JuCo team is playing and coached.

If SHJ can knock Shamet or Reaves out of significant minutes, he will be a very special player. In Marshall-land, "role players" aren't throwaways or trash minute players, they are important contributors.
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                          In Marshall-land, "role players" aren't throwaways or trash minute players, they are important contributors.
                          Amen. And may be in all actuality "the" players that make this dog (program) hunt. Tough. Smart. Skilled and coachable. Evan "mutt" Wessel...perhaps even what were witnessing with what Ryan Kelly has adopted. Uh-huh...Ruffff!!!!
                          FINAL FOURS:
                          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                          Number of Times Ranked: 157
                          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                          #3 - Dec. 2017
                          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                          #2 ~ March 2014
                          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                            Amen. And may be in all actuality "the" players that make this dog (program) hunt. Tough. Smart. Skilled and coachable. Evan "mutt" Wessel...perhaps even what were witnessing with what Ryan Kelly has adopted. Uh-huh...Ruffff!!!!
                            Don't you mean Richard Kelly? :)
                            "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                              Don't you mean Richard Kelly? :)
                              Whoops. Was half asleep when posted. What I really meant was that guy Rob Barker. Think he plays for the NY Knicks now. Lol
                              FINAL FOURS:
                              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                              Number of Times Ranked: 157
                              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                              #3 - Dec. 2017
                              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                              #2 ~ March 2014
                              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Coach Marshall did expand on the Coaches Show tonight on our bright future with these 3 Freshmen and threw in MM for good measure as only a Class ahead of them. A nice foundation of corner stones and 3G is high on CJ and mentioned his injuries started him behind the learning curve.

Comment

Working...
                                X