Three Freshmen To Remember

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three Freshmen To Remember

With the loss of several Seniors next Season, we look to the trifecta of Freshmen we have now which will be our foundation of the Shocker bright future but also will help us in the "here and now".

#11 Landry Shamet-As I approached 21st. and Hillside 2 summers ago and watched Shamet for the first time, he had me at hello in terms of still another Shocker with special promise. A top 100 player who will be one of our key players this very Season.

#12-Austin Reaves. Last night in just 11 minutes, AR had 6 points, 3 rebounds, an assist, and led our team with 3 steals. It is well chronicled he scored 73 points in one High School game. He is already one of our crowd favorites and 3G likes his entry passing.

#3--CJ Keyser-CJ and AR have been fighting nagging injuries but now seem healthy and ready to rock. CJ has some series hops. Every "kiss of the rim" begins with CJ. This high flyer will work hard to become a defensive stopper for us and is 3G loves such players.

We try not to get ahead of ourselves, but fast-forward your imaginations to when these young Freshmen are leading our Shocks as Seniors. WOW! To be continued.
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post

#12-Austin Reaves. Last night in just 11 minutes, AR had 6 points, 3 rebounds, an assist, and led our team with 3 steals. It is well chronicled he scored 73 points in one High School game. He is already one of our crowd favorites and 3G likes his entry passing.
    And a blocked shot.

Comment

With the loss of several Seniors next Season, we look to the trifecta of Freshmen we have now which will be our foundation of the Shocker bright future but also will help us in the "here and now".

#11 Landry Shamet-As I approached 21st. and Hillside 2 summers ago and watched Shamet for the first time, he had me at hello in terms of still another Shocker with special promise. A top 100 player who will be one of our key players this very Season.

#3--CJ Keyser-CJ and AR have been fighting nagging injuries but now seem healthy and ready to rock. CJ has some series hops. Every "kiss of the rim" begins with CJ. This high flyer will work hard to become a defensive stopper for us and is 3G loves such players.

We try not to get ahead of ourselves, but fast-forward your imaginations to when these young Freshmen are leading our Shocks as Seniors. WOW! To be continued.
      Dem boys can ball for sure. Where are my shades?

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
        Dem boys can ball for sure. Where are my shades?
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
        Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

FSF I had the same thought watching game one. Austin & Landry have high basketball IQ . They are all good to great athletes, and smooth with the dribble. Thin Maker had a little trouble defending CJ in high school. These could be key contributors to different degrees this very season. I think they have a little moxy for young guys. At least we need them to if they have to replace guys like Ron,Fred, & Cotton from a few years ago.

Comment

man, i hate to say it- reeves reminds me of grayson allen, skill wise.

but all freshman here are chock-full of potential. keyser's defensive potential, in particular, intrigues me.

Comment

I want on the Reaves train. I want to see more of him tonight. The first time I saw him live I thought someone from a jr high team snuck in. He shut me up fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
                I want on the Reaves train. I want to see more of him tonight. The first time I saw him live I thought someone from a jr high team snuck in. He shut me up fast.
                Have I mentioned I like these 3 Freshmen? Not having them would be like getting served stale nachos at a Shocker game and that is not cool. As a fashion statement, I may go sleeveless to work tomorrow but have a black undershirt cut and showing on just part way down one arm to express I have already jumped on the turnip truck of all 3 of these players. Can you dig it? Groooovy!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!! !!!
                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Freshmen Game Stats:

Shamet- 12 pts (3-6), 2 ast, 1 rb in 22 min

Reaves- 10 pts (4-5), 2 ast, 1 rb in 11 min (Wow)

Keyser- 0 pts (0-2) 1 rb in 4 min

Comment

Man, you shocker fans love your team this was my first experience being at a Shocker game this weekend. I had chance to come Friday & Sunday. What great experience. WOW!!!!

Reaves is really , really really skilled can shoot it effortless and has poise and court vision. Love his game. Has some Pistol Pete influence to his game.

Shamet- Posied, Smooth, Defends, Scores. Gives you little bit of everything. He's a coaches dream.

CJ- I'm bias. Lol... Huge upside & freak athlete and loves to compete on both ends. He's healthy now and once he learns the system and finds his comfort level I think you guys will really like his game. He's little to anxious right now but once he settles in he has chance to be really good.

Comment

Originally posted by Slim View Post
                      Man, you shocker fans love your team this was my first experience being at a Shocker game this weekend. I had chance to come Friday & Sunday. What great experience. WOW!!!!

Reaves is really , really really skilled can shoot it effortless and has poise and court vision. Love his game. Has some Pistol Pete influence to his game.

Shamet- Posied, Smooth, Defends, Scores. Gives you little bit of everything. He's a coaches dream.

CJ- I'm bias. Lol... Huge upside & freak athlete and loves to compete on both ends. He's healthy now and once he learns the system and finds his comfort level I think you guys will really like his game. He's little to anxious right now but once he settles in he has chance to be really good.
                      Speaking for myself, I'm as excited about Keyser as I am Reaves and Shamet.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                        Speaking for myself, I'm as excited about Keyser as I am Reaves and Shamet.
                        I agree. Who else remembers McDuffie getting little to no PT the first 8 or so games last season? Keyser is behind a lot of talented guards in the lineup and that might keep him out of the immediate rotation but nevertheless I expect him to be improving daily in practice. He'll be a threat when he finally finds his groove

Comment

If AR was at UNI or Creighton back in their Valley days, I think I would need anxiety meds. I mean the kid is looking like Dougie McBuckets out there.

Ecstatic he's a Shocker.
                          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                          -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                            If AR was at UNI or Creighton back in their Valley days, I think I would need anxiety meds. I mean the kid is looking like Dougie McBuckets out there.

Ecstatic he's a Shocker.
                            I hadn't thought about that comparison since AR has played more defense in two games then Dougie did in four years!

I am buying all the stock I can get of these guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Slim View Post

Fans always want to be a part of the game....and just like the players (at least most of them) we love when someone gives us a pat on the back.

I'm glad you enjoyed the experience, but I would caution, because this weekend, while a good solid A for the team, was probably a B- at best for the crowd. We can and will do better.

And frankly, there's little better than welcoming friends and family (one or the other here I'd bet) into Shocker Nation and hearing they love the experience. Makes me feel good inside.

Comment

Working...
                              X