Sports Sunday (KWCH) Shocker report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
    Perhaps it's because I'm in Houston, where the game was not on TV. I don't subscribe to Shockervision, either, and won't based on the feedback from others here. Perhaps I could watch the tape of the game on ESPN2, but I would consider that a waste of time. I have other choices in my life and if I can't watch it on TV, I will listen on KEYN.

Since you seem to be insistent on the fact that trying to do my best to support the team is somehow inferior, why don't you buy me an airline ticket and a ticket to the game and I will happily travel to Koch Arena to watch the game. I'll even make a sign and give you credit. :)

Note: You'll have to live with this answer, as I doubt you would pay for my airline ticket and a game ticket, and I am not willing to do this either, especially seeing as it was an exhibition game.

PS: I watch every game that I can on cable and in fact, pay extra for the sports channels so I can. It's just, for some strange reason, the folks at ESPN don't seem to think an exhibition basketball game is deserving of a national (or even regional) broadcast, and especially in Houston.
    Since I'm actually Charles Koch let me know next time and I'll send the jet for you!

I don't mean to diminish your fandom at all, I'm sorry if it came off that way. Listening on the radio, watching, reading the message boards are all great ways to keep up with the games. Everyone's busy, people live out of town, etc I understand watching every second of every game isn't possible for most people.

The only point I was trying to make was that in my experience it's tough to really evaluate the team or specific guys by listening to a radio broadcast. I mean, I doubt coach breaks down the game by listening to Kennedy and Dahl (as great as they are) or huddles next to a radio to evaluate his recruits.

Comment

listen to HCGM interview

Comment

Originally posted by Keyser Soze View Post
        Again where is the evidence that MM is a great shooter? We all hope he can be one, but 31.5% from three doesn't establish that. I see a good basketball player who will likely be a streaky shooter for the time being. His consistency of form and variance on misses haven't looked like a guy who is going to shoot 40% to me. I'd take 35% with length and athleticism for this season today if offered.

Furthermore, I am very concerned that MM will have a challenging soph season if he's playing the 3. I haven't seen enough diverse offensive playmaking ability to think he can do it on a regular basis playing against wings without FVV & RB taking a good amount of the focus away. That said, I think he could be very dynamic this year if we can get him matched up with 4s.
        I think MM is an ideal 3. A few things kept Early at the 4: Cotton, Ball handling, lack of other 4s.

I think MM is an exceptional ball handler at his height. Brown isn't Cotton (yet), and we have a few 4s. Markis can be a good 4 too, but needs a little more bulk.
        Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
          I think MM is an ideal 3. A few things kept Early at the 4: Cotton, Ball handling, lack of other 4s.

I think MM is an exceptional ball handler at his height. Brown isn't Cotton (yet), and we have a few 4s. Markis can be a good 4 too, but needs a little more bulk.
          A great three isn't near the matchup problem that a great four is for college basketball teams. MM can play either, but the team will be better with him at the four.

Comment

Originally posted by proshox View Post
            A great three isn't near the matchup problem that a great four is for college basketball teams. MM can play either, but the team will be better with him at the four.
            I differ with you in this case because MM is a 6-8, 215 lb player that can handle the ball. That's tough for other players that are generally 6-4 to 6-6. His skills make him difficult for 4s, but his size is actually on the small size.
            Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post
              Kunkle is a beaker. It's sad.
              Can't stand that guy. If I walk through the room, and hear his voice, I change the channel.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
                Can't stand that guy. If I walk through the room, and hear his voice, I change the channel.
                Yea not really a Kunkle fan, and he gives the impression that he's a Jayturd fan and just reports on the Shockers because he has too. The put downs and negativity with him and Parsons gets old. As for Shaw, he's never had to be the go to guy, but this year he needs to be our inside force and I think he knows it. I think he will rise to the occasion, he's shown he's got the talent

Comment

I continue to see Shaw mentioned in this thread. Are we talking about Redturd's Director of Transportation, Rick Shaw?
                  Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

Originally posted by shockrah View Post
                    I continue to see Shaw mentioned in this thread. Are we talking about Redturd's Director of Transportation, Rick Shaw?
                    I had a typo, I ment Shaq not Shaw. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                      I differ with you in this case because MM is a 6-8, 215 lb player that can handle the ball. That's tough for other players that are generally 6-4 to 6-6. His skills make him difficult for 4s, but his size is actually on the small size.
                      Fair points. It just seems like non-BCS schools that make deep runs have a dynamic four.

Comment

Working...
                      X