Sports Sunday (KWCH) Shocker report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sports Sunday (KWCH) Shocker report

Kunkel on Morris: "It's not just that he hasn't practiced well. He can't focus. He can't lead. There's always something wrong with him".

Kunkel on the Valley (about Morris' effectiveness): "I don't think there's any question in the Valley where's there's not a lot of size and there's not a ton of talent to go around..."

Then Kunkel goes on to say he's the best they have and should be their "go to" guy.

Sidekick: "There's the rub right there. He can't be their go to player. He's not going to be there every night. He's not going to play well every night. He's not going to give focus every night. So, you cannot make him the go to player. That's the problem right there. Does he have the talent to be? Kinda. Yeah, he's as talented as they have." (they both chuckle)

(Video shows a pass out of the post to the perimeter that gets picked off)

Kunkel: :"It's stuff like that".

The conversation moves to Shamet,

Kunkel: "Shamet will be the most invaluable player"

Sidekick: "I know exactly what you're saying, but that's the problem"

They based all their trash talk about Morris on Marshall's post-game comments. Then they played those and Marshall basically said Shaq missed a lot of practice. Then I guess it was time to make up crap so their trash could be put on Marshall

Kunkel (about Marshall): "You could almost feel his eyes rolling in the back of his head".

(Sidekick chuckles)

Sidekick: (while raising both hands head level, with palms turned up) "Respiratory, migraine, I don't know. Draw it out of a hat. That's what it felt like".

Kunkel: "He was one step away from saying 'broken fingernail'".

Sidekick: "Sure, whatever. You're right. You're right".

Kunkel: "It seems he's very annoyed with Shaq and the fact that he can't stay on the floor in practice all the time when they need him and be the player he needs to be".

Sidekick: "And that's why he can't be the go to guy".

They had favorable comments about Shamet (especially Shamet), Frankamp and Reaves.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

The news director at KWCH is Brian Gregory. He's a Penn State grad.

His email is bgregory@kwch.com

Comment

Wow, I don't watch that garbage and this reinforces my decision.

I would be glad to send a complaint if someone wants to type a form letter I'll attach my name to it. Krinkel and crews brand of stupidity shouldn't be transmitted to the masses.

Comment

Aargh are you playing a joke on Shockernet posters? Surely no sports reporter based in Wichita, Kansas is going to make such comments in a public forum. Such comments are to be expected from Beakerland and possibly Normal, Illinois where envy of the Shockers reigns.

These comments should be written on the Shockers training room wall, should be as motivating as Play Angry!

Comment

Has Shaq ever demonstrated he is an "everyday" player?

If Shaq is our guy we have reasons to be worried. He has had the physical tools since he arrived but has never played more than 21 minutes a game, he has had multiple run-ins with HCGM, and is the first player I can recall being left home for a major game. Hell, Fred called him out on public forums a number of times.

I still hold out hope that the maturity will occur, but on Saturday he had a great game that included two critical turnovers on plays that should have been lay-ups which were a big part of the Augusta run.

Bottom line - these guys were talking about something as honestly as HCGM does and it would be something I would bring up after Saturday's game / post game comments by HCGM. If HCGM doesn't want that to be the talk after a game he should not go on the rif.....

Comment

Originally posted by proshox View Post
            Has Shaq ever demonstrated he is an "everyday" player?

If Shaq is our guy we have reasons to be worried. He has had the physical tools since he arrived but has never played more than 21 minutes a game, he has had multiple run-ins with HCGM, and is the first player I can recall being left home for a major game. Hell, Fred called him out on public forums a number of times.

I still hold out hope that the maturity will occur, but on Saturday he had a great game that included two critical turnovers on plays that should have been lay-ups which were a big part of the Augusta run.

Bottom line - these guys were talking about something as honestly as HCGM does and it would be something I would bring up after Saturday's game / post game comments by HCGM. If HCGM doesn't want that to be the talk after a game he should not go on the rif.....
            These guys went off on Shaq more than I thought they should have. I didn't listen to the entire post game show but Mike was making some comments regarding Shaw being a leader and Coach wasn't totally complimentary. I think that Coach is honest but he also pushes buttons. I thought Parsons went farther than he should have.

Comment

Shaq is JT Durley part II. He can be all-league or all-doghouse. So far, he seems like he's headed in the right direction with the training, diet, etc. Only time will tell.
              Last edited by Dan; November 7, 2016, 08:23 AM.

Comment

People still watch this show?

I don't know a sports media source in the Wichita market I give less credence to.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                  Shaq is JT Dudley part II. He can be all-league or all-doghouse. So far, he seems like he's headed in the right direction with the training, diet, etc. Only time will tell.

Durley

Comment

When I was flipping past their show, Kunkel said that MM was not a great shooter.

Parsons tried to correct him, but Kunkel seems to have a shtick.

I don't know what I ended up watching, but it's pretty bad that a KWCH broadcast about the Shocks can't hold my attention.
                    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                    -John Wooden

Comment

I wouldn't have minded if they would have said, "He hasn't been there every night". What they said was, "He's not going to be there every night".

It's one thing to report seaknesses in the past. It's different to write off a player's entire season after an exhibition game where he played well.

Comment

Haven't watched it for quite a while now due to Kunkel and friends. I agree with wu shizzle about a broadcast about our Shocks not being on must watch tv is pretty bad for me as well.

Comment

Kunkle is a beaker. It's sad.

Comment

Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post
                            Kunkle is a beaker. It's sad.
                            He's simply a sports fan who's out to associate himself with the big thing wherever he happens to land. Living here he's attached himself to KU. If he moved to Texas he'd undoubtedly be singing the praises of UT. If he found himself working in NY he'd be a Yankees fan.

There's a HUGE proportion of sports fans who are wired like this. It is lame as hell, but whatever.

Comment

Why in the world would you put yourself through that garbage amateur hour?

You broke rule #1.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                              X