No announcement yet.

16-17 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seton Hall knocks off #16 South Carolina. A ranked team and until tonight unbeaten, inching the Shockers closer to being ranked.
    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• I'll just put it in here.

SIU mbb coach Barry Hinson signed a two-year contract extension in September, @thesouthern has learned. Story upcoming. No raise in deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
        I'm ok with this. Not because it's good for the valley, but because he's one of very few coaches that are fun to listen to.
        "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Their fan website has had a "The New and Improved Fire Barry Hinson" thread for months now. This is just too good.

Comment

• I guess they like their 28W britches.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              There fan website has had a "The New and Improved Fire Barry Hinson" thread for months now. This is just too good.
              They signed the contract in September and apparently tried to keep it a secret. Even they know its a bad idea. I believe the "too big for its britches" comment came from their AD after signing this also.

Comment

Their fan website has had a "The New and Improved Fire Barry Hinson" thread for months now. This is just too good.
                Geez, it has been averaging a page of replies a day since it was created.

Comment

• Originally posted by giskard View Post
                  Geez, it has been averaging a page of replies a day since it was created.
                  Anyone got a link? Sounds like it might make for some entertaining reading.
                  Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
                    Anyone got a link? Sounds like it might make for some entertaining reading.

Not as much as you might think. Those poor fans have been through a lot the last 8 years.

Still, they can suck it forever for the bullcrap donkey-riding defense they used to get away with.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                      http://www.salukination.net/viewforum.php

Not as much as you might think. Those poor fans have been through a lot the last 8 years.

Still, they can suck it forever for the bullcrap donkey-riding defense they used to get away with.
                      I'm not for sure if it was in that thread. But I read that Barry handed out bottles of his BBQ sauce to the announcers/media when they played at Louisville. That's just funny right there.

Comment

Their fan website has had a "The New and Improved Fire Barry Hinson" thread for months now. This is just too good.
                        Honestly Barry is way too good for them. They caught lightning in a bottle a decade ago. They turn on successful people that have stayed true to them (Barry, Chris Lowary, Mario Moccia) and that job is pretty tough. If Terre Haute is the worst Valley city, then Carbondale is only a half step better. I like the campus itself but I am probably in the minority. They could do a whole lot worse than Barry.

Comment

• They could do worse than Barry. But that's the Evansville fan approach. Saying "well, we haven't done anything in 20 years, but we sure could be worse!" is not a road to relevance. They could also do better than Barry.

Lowery was not successful. Nor was Hinson. Weber was (in very much not a lightning in a bottle way) and he bailed on SIU.

Comment

• SIU men’s basketball coach Barry Hinson will continue to lead the Salukis for an additional two years, a spokesman for university athletics said Tuesday. The coach signed a two-year contract extension in September that will last through the 2019-20 season, said Tom Weber, associate director of Saluki Athletics media services. The extension preserves the terms of his...

Official story on it with some good quotes.

Comment

• The Valley should go 3-0 on Wednesday althought the conference RPI may very well take a little hit (records are D-1 games only):

St. Louis (3-6, RPI 280) at Southern Illinois (4-5, RPI 116)
                              Norfolk State (0-8, RPI 302) at Evansville (5-4, RPI 150)
                              Oral Roberts (0-8, RPI 238) at Missouri State (4-3, RPI 204)

Comment

• Watching LSU trail North Carolina Central. Johnny Jones could be the second LSU coach to be fired mid-season.
                                Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Working...
                                X