16-17 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bunck View Post
    LSU (3-0) beat North Florida (1-3) 78-70 and they were playing at home, the game was close throughout as they were only up by one at halftime. LSU has a lot of time to get ready for us since this was their last game before The Battle 4 Atlantis.
    They're going to need that time to rest up. While we still have to get past LSU to get to Louisville, I think the depth of this team is going to be a problem for other teams in a tournament like the B4A which doesn't have any days off between games.

Comment

• UNI looked really good against OU last night. At least for the last seven minutes of regulation and in overtime. I'd like to see them knock off Xavier on Sunday. The Valley needs the RPI boost.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
        UNI looked really good against OU last night. At least for the last seven minutes of regulation and in overtime. I'd like to see them knock off Xavier on Sunday. The Valley needs the RPI boost.
        That would be great. What we really need more than marquee wins is for the rest of the MVC to stop losing a bunch of their winnable games against teams in the 150-350 range of the Rpi.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
          UNI looked really good against OU last night. At least for the last seven minutes of regulation and in overtime. I'd like to see them knock off Xavier on Sunday. The Valley needs the RPI boost.
          If they can't get them on the neutral court they get another shot on the road.
          You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• Evansville pulling away from morehead st. 54-65 2:50 left in regulation

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]4170[/ATTACH]
              I assume that water in the foreground is just to mix with the bourbon, yes?

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                I assume that water in the foreground is just to mix with the bourbon, yes?
                It's for in the blind. We don't mix booze and firearms.
                There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Tulsa defeats New Orleans 77-68 to get their first win of the season.
                  Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Evansville defeated Morehead State 69-56.
                    Drake beats Homer Simpson 76-61. DOH!
                    Loyola defeats ORU 78-53. Glad we got Gregg instead of Scott.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                      Tulsa defeats New Orleans 77-68 to get their first win of the season.
                      Of tiny interest, future opponent Oklahoma State, who has yet to score less than 100 points in any of their 4 games, beat New Orleans 117-72.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                        and don't forget.. wichita state plays ou in a few weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          Of tiny interest, future opponent Oklahoma State, who has yet to score less than 100 points in any of their 4 games, beat New Orleans 117-72.
                          Wow! That's shaping up to be a very interesting match-up for us! Do we hold 'em under 80 in our game? 70? 60? Hmmmm. Can't wait!
                          FINAL FOURS:
                          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                          Number of Times Ranked: 157
                          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                          #3 - Dec. 2017
                          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                          #2 ~ March 2014
                          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                            get lost mr. know it all.
                            Will do. But please tell me how my facts were inaccurate. Then I will.
                            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Although they gave away another big lead, Oklahoma does their part by defeating Clemson 70-64.

Comment

• This is my first time watching UNI. What is up with those shorts?

Comment

Working...
                                X