Occasional Meal Rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Occasional Meal Rules

Here is the text for the Occasional Meal form I got from WSU. In my discussion with Korey Torgerson, Associate Athletic Director in charge of NCAA compliance, the following information also came up:

- A booster is allowed to provide one meal per student-athlete per semester. It IS acceptable to have only one student over, but all meals must be documented and approved. "For example, you could have Ramon over this week, and Matt Braeuer next week."

- The food provided CAN be catered from a restaurant, but the meal itself MUST occur in the booster's home.

__________________________________________________ ___________
    Wichita State UniversityAthletics Student-Services
    OCCASIONAL MEAL REQUEST FORM

All Occasional Meals must be approved by the Athletic Student Services office prior to the event.

Sport: Meal Host:
    Location of Meal:
    Date of Meal: Time of Meal:

Occasional Meals Rule Reminders:

· Institutional staff members may provide a student-athlete or full team with an occasional meal at any location within the locale of Wichita State University.
    · Boosters may only provide an occasional meal to a student-athlete or full team at the booster’s home. Boosters may not purchase a meal for a student-athlete at a restaurant.
    · Local transportation may be provided to the student-athletes to attend the occasional meal.
    · “Occasional” is defined as four times per semester (not per staff member or booster).
    · During an official visit, a prospect may attend an occasional meal, provided the meal does not occur at a booster’s home. This meal must count as one of the three permissible meals per day.

Persons Attending the Meal (please list all individuals attending the meal – attach a list if necessary)

By Signing below, I certify that I have read the information above and agree that it is accurate and that I will abide by the rules.

Host’s Signature: Date:
    Head Coach’s Signature: Date:

The Occasional Meal has been: □ Approved □ Denied

Student Services: Date:

cc: Meal Host and Head Coach
    __________________________________________________ ___________

Royal, would you please make this sticky?

:clap: :wsu_posters: :yahoo: :clap:

In a separate post because this is speculation:

This didn't come up specifically, but between the listed rules and the little amount of discussion I had with Mr. Torgerson lead me to believe that the idea of having several boosters tag-teaming the food for a whole-team dinner would be acceptable.

Comment

Am I interpreting the definition of "Occasional" properly as being limited to 4 times a semester per any individual studend athlete?

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
        Am I interpreting the definition of "Occasional" properly as being limited to 4 times a semester per any individual studend athlete?
        I think so.

Comment

So ?? just to be thought provolking ? and play the what If game

Say you have attended Shocker games, But never payed any Saso Dues for Season tickets.
          And say you have Never attended any classes at WSU But still Like watchin there games
          ARE YOU A BOOSTER ? Do you have to follow these rules ?
          Or would you just be some Shmoe that invited a new aquaintence to a dinner , ??( who happens to Be an athlete ???)
          From the road I listen (Tune In radio) at home I watch ( season Ticks )

Comment

Originally posted by OTR Shockfan

Say you have attended Shocker games, But never payed any Saso Dues for Season tickets.
            And say you have Never attended any classes at WSU But still Like watchin there games
            Or would you just be some Shmoe that invited a new aquaintence to a dinner , ??( who happens to Be an athlete ???)
            I think if you aren't an "institutional" (staff) person, you're automatically lumped in as a "booster."

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyShock
              Originally posted by OTR Shockfan

I think if you aren't an "institutional" (staff) person, you're automatically lumped in as a "booster."

Ok so If Athlete XYZ is out and about and hears about a party , Goes to said Party Is he sposed to Find out who is having this party? who owns the property its on and fill out all this paperwork before he partakes in say a hamburger , or a beverage ? In fear of being in Viollation os NCAA rules??
              I'M JUST SAYIN ,,, yha know seems like the Ncaa goes out of it's way to make things a mess. or MAKE it easy to Find a violation if they want to.
              From the road I listen (Tune In radio) at home I watch ( season Ticks )

Comment

If you so much as attend one game you are a booster and the burden is on YOU to make sure you are complying with all the rules.

Don't tread where nobody wants this to go.

I've said it before and it bears repeating, this is an outstanding opportunity to get to know the kids and some or all of the staff and to show your appreciation for what these kids do to entertain us.

May I also remind everyone that this is not limited to men's basketball.

Hey.....I just had a great idea.......

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
                  May I also remind everyone that this is not limited to men's basketball.

Hey.....I just had a great idea.......

Does it involve Volleyball by chance Doc? If so then I say.... :good: :yahoo: :good: :yahoo: :good: :yahoo: :good: :yahoo:

Comment

all this is making me hungrey!
                    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

rr, I think you're pickin'up what I'm puttin' down.

Comment

"I'm all over it like mayonaise on a bologna sandwich." :D
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

That's one party I'd like to crash Doc :D
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I would imagine a lot of dirty old men would like to show up as well! <grin>

Where is the party going to be? I can dream, can't I?

Comment

Hey Doc, do you have a pool by chance? If so, then I'm sure I can come up with some bs catering company to prepare the food for ya.

Comment

Working...
                              X