Shocks vs. OU at Chesapeake Arena Dec. 10th 3 PM ESPN2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocks vs. OU at Chesapeake Arena Dec. 10th 3 PM ESPN2

The time has been set! 3 pm on Saturday, December 10th.

WICHITA, Kan. – ESPN announced that it has selected Wichita State's Dec. 10 men's basketball game at Oklahoma for air on ESPN2. The contest – which will be played in downtown Oklahoma City – tips at 3 p.m. CT.
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Good opportunity to show off Shocker Nation by having more WSU fans in the house than OU fans. Gotsa get dem tix.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
      Good opportunity to show off Shocker Nation by having more WSU fans in the house than OU fans. Gotsa get dem tix.
      I'll be there +1 at least. Looks like we'll have to wait to buy them for now.

"OU and Chesapeake Energy Arena will release ticket information at a later date."

Comment

I'm so excited that WSU will be playing in my new home city. A few recommendations for places to eat/drink before the game down in Bricktown:

- Tapwerks. Huge beer selection on tap. Lots of room in an old, vintage building. They have chips and queso and salsa for like $5 and you get a lot. It's fantastic.
        - Toby Keith's. Always a cool place for out of towners to visit. Right on the river.
        - Yukatan Taco Stand. A slightly higher-end taco place. My favorite menu item is the loaded nachos. For $10, you get a heaping mound of food that can literally feed 2 people. They also serve beer and margaritas, and is also right on the river.
        - Fuzzy's Taco Shop. Basically the same as Yukatan. Also on the river.
        - Jazmo's Bourbon Street Cafe. If you're in the mood for some expensive cajun food, I've heard it's pretty good. My wife works there, but I've yet to eat there. Somewhere around $20/plate. Also on the river, below Yukatan.
        - Other places nearby include Zio's Italian Kitchen and Abuelo's.

All of these places are within just a few blocks of the arena. All the free parking is the big lot behind Toby Keith's or in the Bass Pro Shop lot.

Comment

Based on having gone to a Thunder game a couple years ago, easiest plan is to get into Bricktown for lunch ahead of the game, use the free parking over by Toby Keith's or Bass Pro, and then walk to the game. Then back to Bricktown for hopefully celebratory drinks! My clan is planning on staying Saturday night in OKC, but outside of downtown, and on Sunday maybe take in the zoo if the weather is tolerable or the science museum if it isn't.

Let's travel well Shocker Nation and own the place! OU fandom will still be in football mode, so making the place Chuck South is very doable!
          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

As an Arizona Cardinals fan...this game is gonna remind me of the "dark years" at Sun Devil Stadium when 50% of the fans on any given Sunday where the visiting teams fans. Lol....oh poor Sooners. Lol
            FINAL FOURS:
            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
            Number of Times Ranked: 157
            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
            #3 - Dec. 2017
            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
            #2 ~ March 2014
            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Four of us going down for the game. Staying in Bricktown. Looking forward to a great weekend.

Comment

Booked a room at the Sheraton downtown on travelzoo a few weeks ago. Great deal, only $99 a night. Don't know if that deal is still available but if you are looking for a room it's worth going to travelzoo to check it out.

Comment

Anyone know when these tickets will go on sale, trying to get a family of Shockers lined up to go...should be fun

Comment

Originally posted by Blackmag View Post
                    Anyone know when these tickets will go on sale, trying to get a family of Shockers lined up to go...should be fun
                    Ughh, you made me go to the OU site! :(
                    Tickets for the OU/WSU game are not on sale through OU or the Chesapeake Arena site at this time.
                    Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

Originally posted by Blackmag View Post
                      Tweet from Paul Suellentrop says that the OU ticket office will have them on sale in 2 to 3 weeks.

Comment

The 'hut, Mrs. 'hut and 2 others have had it on their schedule since it was announced. Probably will spend 2 nights just because we can. The big question is do we make it the December of Shocker weekends and hit Ft. Collins the week before Chesapeake and Intrust?
                        Robin Roberts: "My mother used to say, when you strut, you stumble."

Comment

If you've got the means, I can't imagine a better way to spend them!

Comment

Any update on when tickets go on sale?
                            "It is OVER... Ladies and Gentleman, say it slow and savor it... Wichita State is going to the Final Four for the first time in 48 years." - Mike Kennedy

Comment

I don't know if this worked or not. I will try to upload the pic again.
                              "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Working...
                              X