McDuffie to have surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McDuffie to have surgery

Sounds like he should be back by early October. Sure wish he would have made this decision three weeks ago because if there are any setbacks there won't be much time before the season starts.

http://www.kansas.com/sports/college/wichita-state/article96398177.html

Sorry, for some reason when I post links from my iPhone they don't end up getting hyperlinked but the article was just posted in the Wichita Eagle.

Clickable link:

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

i still haven't quite figured out why he played at all in Canada?

Comment

Not to derail this thread from the get go but what is the status of C.J. Keyser? When he was injured, the talk was he would miss 6 weeks. Has that changed? Updates?

Comment

Originally posted by fuball7 View Post
          i still haven't quite figured out why he played at all in Canada?
          If everything would have worked out well aftder he played than he wouldn't have had the surgery. His play in Canada was to see how the knee would respond to playing ball. I don't see a problem with running a test on the knee. It's really unlikely that playing would make it worse. It's not like a hamstring injury.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Have had it.Just glad they aren't putting it off any longer. He'll be fine

Comment

Aargh's right -- the Canada game was a test, and the knee didn't respond as hoped. Glad to see he's going ahead with the surgery now, and having it out of the way now rather than a few months from now is good news fir the upcoming season. He should be fine by the time the lights go on and the games start counting.

Comment

Yes. Aargh and Watcher are correct. It can be more of a gamble to have torn material on his knee that doesn't heal well. You never want to have medicine in one's body that puts one to sleep for a period of time. That can be a gamble too. However, if the tear is worse than thought, or if it doesn't heal correctly, there may be further healing delays. They never know for sure what is there until they do the surgery because X-rays don't always give a complete picture.

Comment

Aargh, watcher, and monster are not wrong. See above.
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

You mean everyone is right? Cmon we need someone to be wrong on this forum. Someone step up and take the bullet.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                      You mean everyone is right? Cmon we need someone to be wrong on this forum. Someone step up and take the bullet.
                      After the Canada outburst, this mishandling of McDuffie is the last straw. Fire Marshall!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!!123!!!

Comment

Let's hope the surgeon fixes the correct knee this morning. Remember the OSU kid that had the wrong foot operated on?
                        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                        ---------------------------------------
                        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Not the very best timing but far, far from the worst. Glad he will be healthy in time for the OOC and best wishes to Markis in his recovery.

Comment

Hopefully, this will be much ado about nothing come November. Glad to see the staff is handling this appropriately and the young man has made the decision to get the surgery now. From the sounds of it, the procedure will be minor (hopefully nothing more serious turns up once they get the scope in there) and he'll be far more comfortable next week and in the months ahead. His health will be a big determinant in the success of our season.

Comment

Yeah...whats up with Keyser? Any reports on that young man?
                              FINAL FOURS:
                              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                              Number of Times Ranked: 157
                              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                              #3 - Dec. 2017
                              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                              #2 ~ March 2014
                              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Working...
                              X