Shox vs. Montreal All-Stars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
    So did I successfully predict that we would have technical issues? I'm thinking it's become so predictable that we've gotta make this into a season long drinking game. One shot/beer every time there are technical issues... I'm already feeling a little typsy over here.
    Not to burst your bubble, but that wasn't even a Miss Cleo level prediction. Kinda like predicting the sun rises in the East tomorrow morning...

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
      I tried it; it's going to be a rough morning...

Dear Lord help me 8 lbs 6oz Baby Jesus...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
        What happened to Peyton Allen? I thought this kid was going to be a major contributor off the bench with everything that had been said about him. Heck, he started at Texas A&M?! He didn't leave a good impression in any of the 4 games.

I also agree it wouldn't be a bad idea for Hamilton to redshirt. We have Kelly, Willis and McDuffie at the 4. Shaq, Willis and Nurger at the 5. That doesn't leave a lot of room for injury though.
        Until Allen learns how to play defense, he's not getting meaningful minutes. No matter who he guarded this week, they had a clear path to basket. He was like 3 steps behind them.

Comment

I, too, was expecting more from PA, however, I was disappointed with several players especially
          on defense. He was not the only one who got beat a lot. Until the last game, which I didn't see,
          I thought both RK and SM greatly under performed. EH's defense was not good either. I was also
          expecting more from DS as he didn't seem to use his speed and quickness at all to get past his
          man. I thought his passes were lazy and many would have been taken away by a better defensive
          team. On the positive side I thought Willis showed he will challenge for minutes at the 4/5. I thought
          RN continues to do little things well. He blocks out pretty well most of the time, his defense is not
          intimidating but fairly solid, he has good hands and he sets good screens. SM is the best player on
          the team when he wants to be, unfortunately he can only play about 12-15 minutes a game and takes
          half of those off, therefore, Willis is going to have to play some minutes at center. RN should play about
          12-16 minutes a game I believe. The biggest takeaway though is getting this team to play angry from
          start to finish - can't wait till your 10 down with ten to go. Don't think this team has the capacity to make
          comebacks against good teams like the last four years. Can't wait to see if AR can make a positive impact.
          Not worried about MM, CF or LS and ZB is close to being in that fold.

Comment

Highlights from the last game of the trip
            ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
              http://shockerhoops.net/index.php/20...disport-stars/

Ooooh, LS' drive at 1:27 was beautiful.

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                http://shockerhoops.net/index.php/20...disport-stars/

I appreciate the fact it appeared the other team was in the spirit of the game. Saw a couple of players on their team clapping on those highlights for good WSU plays.

Comment

Two things from highlights and the trip overall:

Shaq is an excellent passer. The first pass when he finds Zach Brown was perfect.

Landry is crazy athletic and makes it look effortless.
                  "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                    Shaq is an excellent passer.
                    Agreed. I think it's actually his best skill. I'm surprised that his ability to understand the court and movement that well doesn't lend itself to better positioning on defense, which would really help with the foul count.
                    Last edited by Cdizzle; August 11, 2016, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                      Agreed. I think it's actually his best skill. I'm surprised that his ability to understand the court and movement in that well doesn't lend itself to better positioning on defense, which would really help with the foul count.
                      Would love to see some more offense run through him at the high post.

Comment

I thought Kelly really looked good in those highlights.

Comment

Working...
                        X