No announcement yet.

Shox vs. UQAM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highlights from the Shockers' 107-58 summer exhibition tour victory over the University of Montreal at Quebec.

A couple of minutes of game highlights.
    Last edited by Shocker Mama; August 7, 2016, 06:18 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
      At the risk of getting the dreaded Shockernet Redshirt Machine fired up -- and let me emphasize that this is not a projection of any specific redshirt, much less three of them, especially based on one game against a much lesser foe -- just think about where the minutes will go once McDuffie is back.

If this team stays healthy (always the key, because we saw last year how much a couple of key injuries can change a season), it would not be at all difficult for WSU to fill up 200 minutes a game while never playing Nurger, Reaves, or Keyser; and for the still to perform at a very high level. They'd still be ten deep in scholarship players, with a guy as talented as Eric Hamilton being probably the tenth man. This is an exceptionally deep and talented team (although I won't say they're better 1-12 than Illinois State, of course) on which nobody should need to play much more than 25 minutes a game for them to be really, really good, even taking the redshirt possibilities into account.
      It's easy to see a 10 man rotation for sure. The interesting aspect of this season is that there are no seniors. If I'm a freshman, I'm definitely taking a red-shirt since it's all the same team next year and PT will be limited.
      Livin the dream

Comment

• Thank you for that highlight @Shocker Mama:!
        Last edited by wufan; August 7, 2016, 09:55 AM.
        Livin the dream

Comment

• My fascination with Hamilton is that I want to see Eric as a senior at WSU. He should have redshirted last year, no question. I have a fear that he may get frustrated with lack of playing time if he doesn't redshirt this year. Eric is one of those guys that might be a little behind now, but he can be star if he can stick it out and be patient. I guess people like me are hoping he's ready to contribute right now because I don't have faith that he wants to take the redshirt, hope I'm wrong - he and Nurger are competing for the same minutes, which aren't a lot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
            At this rate it will end up 104-20.
            Not far off.
            ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
              My fascination with Hamilton is that I want to see Eric as a senior at WSU. He should have redshirted last year, no question. I have a fear that he may get frustrated with lack of playing time if he doesn't redshirt this year. Eric is one of those guys that might be a little behind now, but he can be star if he can stick it out and be patient. I guess people like me are hoping he's ready to contribute right now because I don't have faith that he wants to take the redshirt, hope I'm wrong - he and Nurger are competing for the same minutes, which aren't a lot.
              We are going to have a post next season of Senior Willis, Senior Morris, and Junior Hamilton. OH MY OH MY.
              ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Somebody should probably call Marshall and explain to him who our best players really are.

Comment

• Backup center

So, do you consider the 4 spot as a center? Willis gives WSU a strong starting 4. Aside from that, Marshall always uses 3 centers. It seems to me that the most logical player for 3rd string center this year is Eric Hamilton. He played more min's yesterday because Nurger banged knees with someone based on what Marshall said after the game.

Comment

• As it stands in a game that actually matters (not talking about hammering South Carolina State or Drake in a regular season game) the 5 depth chart looks like Morris, Nurger/Willis, Willis/Nurger, Hamilton.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      As it stands in a game that actually matters (not talking about hammering South Carolina State or Drake in a regular season game) the 5 depth chart looks like Morris, Nurger/Willis, Willis/Nurger, Hamilton.
                      Yep. Kelly will play a lot of PF, and McDuffie will probably play some. Willis and Hamilton will battle for whatever minutes are leftover as well.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

• Nurger

Although Rauno's time was very limited yesterday, several people have posted a short video of game highlights from yesterday's game. At one point, I noticed that Rauno & Shaq were both in the game at the same time.

There are other's posting here that insist that Markis McDuffie will see time at the 4. I'm not sure about that, but I'm sure that we will eventually find out about it when the season starts. I just hope Markis & the team Dr are doing the right thing by not performing a scope job on his affected knee.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          Hamilton is one of the strangest cases I've ever seen at WSU. He's SO talented it's ridiculous. But he just can't control himself, and he's struggled mightily to grasp the system, which frankly he's no closer to "getting" than he was a year ago.

So many fans seem to think he's on the cusp of getting there, but it's just not happening. Plus, in case people weren't paying attention at the end of last season and over the summer, Morris is turning it on, and Willis is THE real deal.

Eric is one of the players I don't know very well but I've heard nothing negative on him. And I haven't seen my wife with him, but I suppose one never knows.
                          Fair enough. You're usually nothing but positive when it comes to the guys on the team so I just wondered if there was more to the story.

I'll admit I'm an Eric Hamilton truther. You would know better than me how he has progressed, or not, so I can't add much there. I guess the coaching staff hasn't given up on him yet or else he probably wouldn't still be here. We all know the talent is there. I'll continue my naive hope that it will click for him someday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
                            https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XX2Iq05c1Wc&feature=share

A couple of minutes of game highlights.
                            Wow. I'm so starved for shocker hoops this is like the first time I watched a television. Lots of stuff to like on such a short clip. Frankamp, the passing, Shamets quick release, Shaqs move from the elbow (!), Willis is #21? Sounds like I'm really going to like his game.

Comment

• Was there a post-game press conference yesterday with Coach? I was just curious about what he had to say about the team's performance.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                                Wow. I'm so starved for shocker hoops this is like the first time I watched a television. Lots of stuff to like on such a short clip. Frankamp, the passing, Shamets quick release, Shaqs move from the elbow (!), Willis is #21? Sounds like I'm really going to like his game.
                                Tons of deflections and SHAQ ON THE FLOOR FOR A LOOSE BALL! Wessell must have given his scholarship to the big guy.

Comment

Working...
                                X