Fred is a Raptor!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fred is a Raptor!

I think Fred deserves his own thread now that he has a contract.

He still has to make the team but he got what he was looking for, a legitimate shot to make the NBA. I was reading through the Raptors forum, a lot of interesting discussion on Fred. Most of the posters seem to thinnk they are over committed on PGs and don't think Fred will make the team. They also aren't big fans of Delon Wright, who has (or had) the inside track as the 3rd PG. I wouldn't bet against FVV.

Comment

You can never have too many point guards.

-HC3G
      You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

With Fred they don't have "a" PG. They have "the" PG.
        Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Always bet on FVV!!

So happy for FVV and his family.. This is a good move by the raptors locking FVV up. I think Fred will have a good shot making the team. Delon Wright has been the subject of trade rumors to Chicago and New jersey. I think Fred is their insurance policy for a 3rd PG if they trade Wright.

Comment

Here's a great article about Fred from that RaptorsRepublic site:

While VanVleet’s statistical production is modest, his impact is not. Ironically, what VanVleet offers is exactly what goes unnoticed in the frenetic confines of the Thomas & Mack Center here in July. VanVleet is smart, steady, and poised. He’s in control. At just 22 year old, he carries himself like one of the most experienced players here.

Fred is probably my favorite Shocker ever, so I'm so happy to see this!

Comment

Originally posted by XManCometh View Post

Go Freddy "VanSleet"! :)
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Fred VanVelociraptor!

Comment

Originally posted by XManCometh View Post

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2016/...tors+Republic)

For those that didn't read the whole article (and I really recommend reading the whole thing), here is what I liked the most:

“He was one of my targets from the start of the draft process,” assistant general manager Dan Tolzman says. “I think he’s a complete pro. As soon as the draft was over, I got him locked in. He was kind of ‘our guy.'”
                  You'll never hear someone give better praise to an undrafted free agent than that. That's not "I think he can make it in the pros," that's "He IS a pro."

Comment

This is such a great opportunity for FVV. Good luck to him and his. Just so happy for him.

Comment

Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
                      For those that didn't read the whole article (and I really recommend reading the whole thing), here is what I liked the most:

You'll never hear someone give better praise to an undrafted free agent than that. That's not "I think he can make it in the pros," that's "He IS a pro."
                      While I'm glad they are giving FVV an opportunity and hope he takes full advantage....

One could prove someone was "their guy" by using one of their 2 draft picks on him. Or at least not use both of them on players whose teams FVV eviscerated.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                        While I'm glad they are giving FVV an opportunity and hope he takes full advantage....

One could prove someone was "their guy" by using one of their 2 draft picks on him. Or at least not use both of them on players whose teams FVV eviscerated.
                        Seems pretty smart to me. They got what they NEEDED from the draft and still got what they WANTED after the draft.

Comment

read the article. They talked about it but it wasn't good for either party.
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Toronto didn't have a second round pick.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                              Toronto didn't have a second round pick.
                              Never said they did.

Comment

Working...
                              X