Fred is a Raptor!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
    http://www.basketballinsiders.com/to...-team-salary/# Not sure if this is posted before or somewhere else, if so sorry.
    Nice. It's easy to overlook this comment:

"7/16/16 — Signed Fred VanVleet to a two-year, partially-guaranteeed $1.4 million contract."
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

50,000 guaranteed

Comment

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2016/...17-look-ahead/ Actually could be more a little more
        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

nevermind
          "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Source: ESPN

Kevin Pelton breaks down the best and worst NBA free-agency moves, including Anderson Varejao to the Warriors, Miles Plumlee to the Bucks and Chris Andersen to the Cavs.

Toronto Raptors

1. Signed guard Fred VanVleet to a reported multi-year, minimum deal
            The unlikely favorite of my draft projections has found a home, at least for training camp.
            VanVleet shot the ball well playing for the Raptors in summer league, making six of his 11 attempts from 3-point range. He wasn't much of a playmaker, handing out eight assists in five games, but also had only three turnovers. Alas, Toronto's roster is going to be tough to crack given the Raptors have an All-Star starting point guard (Kyle Lowry), one of the league's best backups (Cory Joseph) and drafted another favorite of my draft model (Delon Wright) in the first round in 2015. So more likely VanVleet is eventually ticketed for Toronto's D-League affiliate.
            "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
              http://www.basketballinsiders.com/to...-team-salary/# Not sure if this is posted before or somewhere else, if so sorry.
              Using the same site, it appears the Knicks signed Marshall Plumlee, and some other guy on 7/12. Giving them 14 guaranteed contracts. And unlike Fred, Ron is not even listed.

Lots will happen between now and the opening of training camp.

Comment

Big news in Toronto: "Raptors PG Delon Wright had arthroscopic surgery to fix a lateral tear in his shoulder. He sustained the injury in Summer League. Out at least 4 months."

"@JLew1050: With Wright out until Dec, Raptors are now in need of a 3rd PG. Consider Fred VanVleet a favourite to earn the final roster spot out of camp"

Fred got the break he needed, now he should be able to make the opening day roster. Then it's up to him to make enough of an impression in limited minutes to either make him be a part of their long-term plans or to attract the attention of another team.

Comment

Fred Van Vleet sighting this afternoon at Newport Grill in Bradley Fair. He was with a dude, though. Not a very romantic looking situation. I mean, not that there's anything wrong with that.

Comment

STAYING: Bruno Caboclo, DeMarre Carroll, DeMar DeRozan, Cory Joseph, Kyle Lowry, Lucas Nogueira, Patrick Patterson, Norman Powell, Terrence Ross, Jonas Valanciunas and Delon Wright. ADDED: Drew Cra…
                    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Hopefully he can stay and get that salary!

Nice, Fred. You deserve it! Hard work and determination, for sure.
                      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Looks like the Raptors have 18 guys going into training camp.
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                          Looks like the Raptors have 18 guys going into training camp.
                          And they keep 16, right? Something like 13 dressed and 3 others not active per game maybe?

Comment

I believe they keep 15, rr.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                              I believe they keep 15, rr.
                              I guess I was close for not knowing much about NBA rosters. Never the less, Fred still has a good shot.

Comment

Whenever I see this thread I think of Dr Robert Doback whose only dream as a child was to be a dinosaur.

Never stop dreaming kids.

Comment

Working...
                                X