Fred is a Raptor!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
    I sure do miss me some Fred but glad he's improving so much each year in the League.

https://www.raptorshq.com/2018/1/23/...defense-threes
    Excellent article. He's shooting over 48% from the 3pt in 2018 y'all!
    Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• For anyone who might be interested https://fvv-23.myshopify.com/

Comment

• Fred is 2-2 from three, 1-1 other Fg and three blocks in 7 minutes
        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
        ---------------------------------------
        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
          Fred is 2-2 from three, 1-1 other Fg and three blocks in 7 minutes
          Three blocks! He’s still pissed at Embiid.
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• 14 points, 4 boards, 2 assists, 3 BLOCKS and 0 turnovers in 10 minutes of 1st half action. More impressive, whomever Fred is guarding suddenly loses interest in handling the ball :)

Comment

• Fred led the Raptors tonight in scoring! Too bad the Raptors fans continue to have their doubts. They're pleasantly surprised by the year he's having, they appreciate what he's been able to do, but they want to sell high. They're still not convinced a barely 6 foot, not terribly athletic bench player is worth a high priced contract or part of their future vision. I certainly hope their front office have a different perspective.

Comment

Fred led the Raptors tonight in scoring! Too bad the Raptors fans continue to have their doubts. They're pleasantly surprised by the year he's having, they appreciate what he's been able to do, but they want to sell high. They're still not convinced a barely 6 foot, not terribly athletic bench player is worth a high priced contract or part of their future vision. I certainly hope their front office have a different perspective.
                I'll take him.
                Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Watched all of this game. Freddy played well. Didn't have to give a lot of effort to roast the Hawks.

Comment

Fred led the Raptors tonight in scoring! Too bad the Raptors fans continue to have their doubts. They're pleasantly surprised by the year he's having, they appreciate what he's been able to do, but they want to sell high. They're still not convinced a barely 6 foot, not terribly athletic bench player is worth a high priced contract or part of their future vision. I certainly hope their front office have a different perspective.
                    So what's the deal with his curren't salary. He can become a free agent after this year right? My pea0sized brain says the kid has more than earned a 3rd string spot on any roster. If I was selling high I think he can be a back up point guard today for anybody. Surely he gets more than RB next year? FVV is a better asset IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaqness View Post

So what's the deal with his curren't salary. He can become a free agent after this year right? My pea0sized brain says the kid has more than earned a 3rd string spot on any roster. If I was selling high I think he can be a back up point guard today for anybody. Surely he gets more than RB next year? FVV is a better asset IMO.
                      I think most GM's would think FVV is worth more than RB to a team, but RB got a pretty insane deal last year. Unfortunately, I'm not convinced FVV will get that much next year. I do think he's going to get a sweet pay raise, though.

Comment

• Shaqness
                        Shaqness commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Damn. Well,I was hoping he'd get a backup point guard brinks truck. Either way, he ain't starving. So good for him!

• Final stat line: 19p, 7r, 5a, 3b, 2s
                      The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                        Final stat line: 19p, 7r, 5a, 3b, 2s
                        In only 18 minutes too. Sheesh.

Comment

• Freddy V's gonna have a long career in the NBA.

He should send Doug Gottlieb a bottle of bubbly in a bucket of ice and a card. Have the card read, "Tough luck, get drunk on me. Use the bucket to ice down your marbles, Yours, FVV."
                          "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• The Toronto Raptors subreddit currently has 4 threads on FVV's salary trying to figure out a way to keep him. If that isn't love, I don't know what is. Some of them expect he'll get the max offer, which from what I understand is based on his initial salary. In any case, that offer looks like:

Year 1 - 8.654m (non-taxpayer MLE)
                            Year 2 - 9.087m (5% raise on Year 1)
                            Year 3 - 28.050m (Year 3 of a regular 25% max)
                            Year 4 - 29.325m (Year 4 of a regular 25% max)

He probably won't get this max. As a restricted free-agent, Toronto just has to beat other teams best offers. No sense paying more. That means they keep him if no team offers Fred more than:

Year 1 - 8.654m
                            Year 2 - 9.087m
                            Year 3 - 10.879m
                            Year 4 - 11.380m

The problem is that Toronto can't afford this unless they stay under $130M salary all year long, and they are committed to $124.6M. Toronto would have to dump salary if another team gave Fred something close to that deal, and that is looking like a possibility. For comparison, Ron's two-year deal pays him $4.328m this year and $4.544m the next. So Fred could reasonably be looking at an even more lucrative contract.

For the record, 19 points is the 12/13th highest scoring game ever for a player playing less than 20 minutes. It is the 3rd highest score for players playing 18 or less minutes. Basketball-Reference has a metric called GameScore to evaluate performances; Fred had 24.4 this game. With the same under 20 minute restriction, he had the 12th best game all-time. At #11 you have Kevin Durant's 30 points in 19 minutes, at #13 James Worthy's 27 in 20. For the record, Xavier McDaniel is #3 for a game he scored 27 in 20 shooting 12-15 from the floor with 3 rebounds, 3 assists, and 4 steals.

Things are looking bright for our boy in Toronto.

Comment

• Fred is going to get paid! even if it averages to 9 mil a year for 4 years..... $36 mil before taxes is pretty good for an under recruited, under sized, undrafted pg from little old wichita state.

Comment

Working...
                              X