• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9 Nov @ OKC

Comment

• From 3 years ago...
      Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
      If ever there was a player who could have a great college career but never make an NBA roster, it's Fred. There is no way whatsoever that he ends up playing in the NBA. Zero. Nada. None.
      That was pre undefeated regular season. Pre Indiana/KU dominance. Pre "the team falls apart if he is injured Senior year". The quote was pre all those things, but still... lol.

I've never been so excited to have been so wrong. Go Fred Go!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
        From 3 years ago...

That was pre undefeated regular season. Pre Indiana/KU dominance. Pre "the team falls apart if he is injured Senior year". The quote was pre all those things, but still... lol.

In all honesty, I was in that camp as late as last May; but I love that FVV is proving us wrong.

Comment

• That's because you all are so overly enamored with numbers. Like height. And scoring average.

FVV will play in the NBA cuz he has mad skillz and is very smart. That's been apparent for years.

And the Big 12 doesn't play any defense. Also apparent for years.

All you have to do is use your eyes every once in a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

All you have to do is use your eyes every once in a while.
            That can be hard to do when you're being holier than thou and quoting sabremetrics to anyone and no one that will listen.

Comment

From 3 years ago...

I thought the same as you did. But then I saw J.J. Barea get minutes in the NBA and thought "soooo, you're telling me there's a chance!"

Comment

From 3 years ago...

Doesn't it feel good to be wrong once in a while? So, how long do you think it will be before Fred gets a shoe contract... if ever?

Comment

• Originally posted by lemuel777 View Post
                  Doesn't it feel good to be wrong once in a while? So, how long do you think it will be before Fred gets a shoe contract... if ever?
                  We'll start with that and work our way up to his prediction that Fred will not be the best point guard in NBA history. Hah.
                  "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    That can be hard to do when you're being holier than thou and quoting sabremetrics to anyone and no one that will listen.
                    You said you would make a black girl "so miserable that she would long for the days of slavery", if only you "cared enough" to muster the effort. Now you have the gall to complain about someone acting holier than thou?

2016 has been one heck of a year. Good grief.

Comment

• Fred will play as long as his D allows him to.

Offensively he can compensate for a lack of speed/athleticism with pacing and vision.

Defense is going to be a bit tougher.

I don't see him being a big scorer, but a pass first PG who can runt the O and play D well enough is very very valuable.

If he is a dumpster-fire on D or loses a step then he isn't nearly as valuable.

Dude does a ton of things at a very high level, has a high ceiling, D will be the tipping point between really good and 3rd PG.

Or I may be wrong about everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by chitown_shocker View Post
                        Fred will play as long as his D allows him to.
                        Common problem that comes with Age.

Comment

• While Ron had a rock solid game tonight for the Knicks Fred looks like he struggled a bit for the Raptors.

Fred played 15 minutes, was scoreless missing all 4 of his shots including 2 treys and had only 1 assist. His +/- was a team worst -9 in an 11 point win.

Knowing Fred he will bounce back.

Comment

• Fred should get a bunch of playing time tonight: http://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/bas...t-play-friday/

Comment

• So when do the Raptors announce their final cut down to 15 players? Since the Knicks announced theirs today, I'm assuming sometime over this weekend?

Comment

• Monday is the deadline, but they'll probably cull the herd tomorrow and Sunday.

Comment

Working...
                                X