Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ron Baker was a Knick, and now is a Wizard!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On an interview trip to Philadelphia, just out of college at age 21, I was carrying my suitcase in my left hand, walking down the 10-foot-wide sidewalk at 7:30 in the morning. One middle-aged lady was coming the other direction. I moved a step to my right and she ran into my suitcase. Nobody else on the sidewalk.

On July 16, 1967, the day before I started myjob in Phuladelphia, I decided to drive around the surrounding countryside to get acquainted. I found myself about 40 minutes away from Morristown, NJ where my college roomate resided. I called and we ended up going into NYC to see a show, The Follies at The Latin Quarter. Of course, because this was just happenstance, I was dressed in shorts and a polo shirt. We climbed what seemed like 50 steps up to the box office window. We were told that they only took reservations. We descended the steps, walked across the street, deposited a dime in the pay phone, called and made a reservation. We then climbed the wahat seemed like 100 steps to the same box office window and claimed our tickets. Gotcha, NYC.
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Sounds like Phil Jackson and Melo had a talk today about his future in NYC. May be good for Ron.

Comment

• I lived in NJ, just outside of NYC one summer in my early 20s. I was dating a girl from there and we lived with her brother and his friends, who were a couple years older. They all called me either corn fed or cowboy (though I didn't even own any boots). They knew we had cars and drove, but they also thought we all had horses and chickens. At 6-3, I was a good 5 inches taller than nearly everyone I met.

We spent lots of time in NYC and it was fun! Times Square was great! It is true that no one will look at you or talk to you, and you should be suspicious of anyone that does. Definitely a great experience!

Was back there one day last year on business. Similar experience.
        Livin the dream

Comment

• I went to NYC to see my kids sing at Carnegie Hall as part of a WSU Choir. It was just after Christmas so the lights were still up in Manhattan. I thought the place was awesome and would love to go back. Walked and rode all over Manhattan and never felt threatened or uncomfortable. Time Square was special and I don't get the people that are warning folks to avoid it. So many dining choices that it's hard to choose. It's the number one city in the world for a reason.

Good to see Ron getting so much PT and I hope that it opens the door for him to move on from such a disfunctional franchise.
          One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

• Times Square is a good place to dine if you like the chain garb. Most of the good stuff is outside that commercialized heap of advertising billboards.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• ^^^ This is true. Poor sentence structure on my part.
              One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
                I thought it was interesting that one of the reporters asked him if he was aware of what Burgundy referred to. Like they think we don't have movies in Kansas.
                Originally posted by Dan View Post
                I heard rumors that Ron was introduced to talking picture shows on one of his first trips to New York!
                Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
                And indoor plumbing?
                Sounds like Alaska
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Baker starting again tonight per Rotoworld.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxthemonkey View Post
                    I went to NYC to see my kids sing at Carnegie Hall as part of a WSU Choir. It was just after Christmas so the lights were still up in Manhattan. I thought the place was awesome and would love to go back. Walked and rode all over Manhattan and never felt threatened or uncomfortable. Time Square was special and I don't get the people that are warning folks to avoid it. So many dining choices that it's hard to choose. It's the number one city in the world for a reason.

Good to see Ron getting so much PT and I hope that it opens the door for him to move on from such a disfunctional franchise.
                    Like many here, I wouldn’t want to live in NYC, however it’s my all-time favorite travel destination. Much like Vegas, after 2- 3 days of the hubbub, I’m ready to “get the hell out of Dodge” and get back to country living. I’ve been there numerous times over the years and have never had a bad experience… not once. I’ve even found most people to be pretty friendly; it might be my friendly disposition. I’ll say “hi” with a big ‘smile’ to about anyone. My mom always told me that a ‘hello’ and a friendly smile never hurt anyone. I simply love NYC food, culture and architecture (I’m not an engineer or an architect, but the tall buildings have always fascinated me). If you haven’t visited, I recommend you put it on your bucket list.

I’m too old now, but I could have made it there! :)

“Start spreading the news…”

New York,Frank Sinatra Taxi Broadway, Yonkers Central park, new york city manhattan queens brooklyn bridge baseball soccer new york rangers 5th ave metropoli...

P.S. Unfortunately Cle couldn’t make it there; if Ron makes it there, watch out.
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• My wife and I go to NYC every year for the US Open...I could NEVER live there, but I can live off the 'rush' for several weeks...love the place.

GO RON!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post
                        Baker starting again tonight per Rotoworld.
                        Is it on TV?

Comment

• Originally posted by jazztrane View Post
                          Is it on TV?
                          I don't believe so unfortunately.

Comment

• Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post
                            Baker starting again tonight per Rotoworld.
                            Tweets via the CBS Sports app seem to confirm this as well.
                            Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

• Originally posted by jazztrane View Post
                              Is it on TV?
                              ESPN app ftw
                              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                                ESPN app ftw
                                Not seeing it on the app. Where are you seeing it at?

Comment

Working...
                                X