Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ron Baker was a Knick, and now is a Wizard!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry if already posted...

Ron Baker 12Pts vs Hawks

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• The Scott City Scorcher is going to be around in this league for a while. It's fun seeing how much more intense and fundamentally sound his defense is compared to these other guys when you see him play.

Comment

• Jeff Hornacek shakes up Knicks lineup, benches*Courtney Lee for Ron Baker*

"And then Ron just competes. He's in the right spot almost all the time. … He's a very solid player."

Courtney Lee, the $50 million signing, was supplanted in the lineup by an undrafted rookie. In an effort to jolt his struggling squad, Jeff Hornacek started rookie Ron Baker at shooting guard for M…

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jeff Hornacek’s Knicks lineup change: Ron Baker in for Courtney Lee

“Ron just competes. He’s in the right spots almost all the time,” Hornacek said. “If he’s supposed to help on a roller, he does it and hustles back to his man. He’s a very solid player. And you saw he’s not afraid of anything. The first possession of the game, he gets three shots, he kept firing away. He’s a confident player.”

Comment

• With a tough season for the Knicks so far I'm hoping that the locker room will stay with each other ...

... don't know but I'm hoping.

Just a funny ESPN clip about one of Ron's many Rookie knicknames: http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=18492588

Comment

• I thought it was interesting that one of the reporters asked him if he was aware of what Burgundy referred to. Like they think we don't have movies in Kansas.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
              I thought it was interesting that one of the reporters asked him if he was aware of what Burgundy referred to. Like they think we don't have movies in Kansas.
              I heard rumors that Ron was introduced to talking picture shows on one of his first trips to New York!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                I heard rumors that Ron was introduced to talking picture shows on one of his first trips to New York!
                And indoor plumbing?

Comment

• I really love how great Ron is doing taking advantage of every opportunity that presents itself. If the rest of the team had as much "give a damn" as he does, they'd be a playoff contender. Hopefully the overpaid prima donnas will get their heads on straight and start caring about the numbers on the scoreboard more than about the numbers in their stat line and contracts.
                  "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

I thought it was interesting that one of the reporters asked him if he was aware of what Burgundy referred to. Like they think we don't have movies in Kansas.
                    Originally posted by Dan View Post
                    Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
                    And indoor plumbing?
                    This pretty much covers the way New Yorker’s see us… :)

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                      This pretty much covers the way New Yorker’s see us… :)

To be fair, that was my Thursday.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                        I really love how great Ron is doing taking advantage of every opportunity that presents itself. If the rest of the team had as much "give a damn" as he does, they'd be a playoff contender. Hopefully the overpaid prima donnas will get their heads on straight and start caring about the numbers on the scoreboard more than about the numbers in their stat line and contracts.
                        I imagine its a little like "Rudy" where some will be ticked off by him giving full effort and resentful of the attention it gets, but eventually he'll win them over. Sure wish they could have got the win in his first start, even though he wasn't in at the end it would have looked good to snap the losing streak with him in there.

Its hard to hear the reporter but what did he say at the very end when Ron said "naw, its cool"?

Comment

• My heart is singing. I am so happy for Ron and Fred.
                          "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Stay classy New York.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                              Those fancy moving pictures are just a novelty, they won't last
                              I just want to stand on land...

@rjl:
                              If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and a Creighton fan, I think I'd shoot the Creighton fan twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by jazztrane View Post
                                Its hard to hear the reporter but what did he say at the very end when Ron said "naw, its cool"?
                                I think it was something about whether the nickname Burgundy bothered Ron. He said something like, 'naw, its cool, I have a lot nickmanes as a Rookie.'

Comment

Working...
                                X