Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ron Baker was a Knick, and now is a Wizard!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    Ron may be emaciated but he is still being Ron.

http://www.liherald.com/stories/knic...day-camp,94933
    And he looks pretty substantial to me. IMG_0735.jpg

Comment

• Yes, as Ron will and has attested to Scott City is kind of out in the middle of nowhere. While that is true the area is not totally without its charm.

Nice article on Lake Scott State Park in the Eagle today. I have been to this lake and park and it is a very worthwhile stop if you happen to be out west some day. You just dont' expect to see somehting like this in that part of the state.

National Geographic once rated Lake Scott State Park one of the 50 best in the nation. Active Times, an online magazine, ranked it in the top 25 for scenic beauty.
      http://www.kansas.com/news/state/article172147687.html

Monument Rocks (also called the Chalk Pyramids) are about 15 miles NE of Lake Scott and is also a worthwhile stop if you have never been there. My grandson had a blast exploring there when we were there about 14 years ago. He was 8 at the time. Ron would have been around 10.

So Ron wasn't the only Hidden Gem in the Scott City area.

The Little Jerusalem rock formations sound interesting as well and might be a worthwhile stop when they open it up to the public next year.
      Last edited by 1972Shocker; September 12, 2017, 06:09 PM.

Comment

• In this series, we project the NBA's breakout players in 2017/18 at every position. Here, we focus on the next breed of star point guards.
        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Nice! I think he's gonna turn some heads this year in NYC!!!
          FINAL FOURS:
          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
          Number of Times Ranked: 157
          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
          #3 - Dec. 2017
          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
          #2 ~ March 2014
          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• October 19. Road trip to Ok City.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
              October 19. Road trip to Ok City.
              That's opening night FYI, might be a pricey ticket.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArtVandalay View Post
                That's opening night FYI, might be a pricey ticket.
                Actually, they're still pretty low right now.

Cheapest ticket is $32 which is about as low as I've seen them. Usually upper bowl tickets are between $45 and $60, and then go upwards of $80 or more for big games like Warriors and Cavs.

Comment

• Scott Perry, the Knicks GM, named Ron Baker as one of their 5 core players going forward.

The page you're looking for may have been changed, moved or mysteriously gone missing
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                    Scott Perry, the Knicks GM, named Ron Baker as one of their 5 core players going forward.

https://dailyknicks.com/2017/09/21/n...-reveals-core/
                    Also from the article, it mentions that Baker could be moving to his more natural position as a result of the regime change in NY. If this is true, then this is a cool development for Ron! I'm guessing the coaches have seen that his shooting percent naturally goes up if he's playing shooting guard. I'm betting that plus his focus on shooting in the offseason should mean great things for him this season. ESPN should have plenty of highlights this year for us to view and post here, I'm sure.

"In this long-term scenario, the starting lineup would likely see Ntilikina at point guard and Baker at shooting guard. Hardaway Jr. would start at small forward, Porzingis would continue playing the 4, and Hernangomez would anchor the interior at center."

Comment

• Carmelo to OKC, Kanter, McDermott, and a draft pick to NYK.

Might actually be a positive for the Knicks. Will be fun to see Ron and McDermott on the same team.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                        Carmelo to OKC, Kanter, McDermott, and a draft pick to NYK.

Might actually be a positive for the Knicks. Will be fun to see Ron and McDermott on the same team.
                        That is fantastic news.

Comment

• All the sudden I become slightly interested in being a McD fan. I have little doubt he and Ron will be friends so who am I to judge

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                            Carmelo to OKC, Kanter, McDermott, and a draft pick to NYK.

Pick is a 2018 second rounder. So - the Knicks get rid of an offensive black hole. They add a 4 and a 5. As long as they don't take a backup combo guard with that 2nd round pick I'd say it's a win-win-win for Mr. Baker.

Should be an interesting season with plenty of opportunity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                              All the sudden I become slightly interested in being a McD fan. I have little doubt he and Ron will be friends so who am I to judge
                              Maybe McD will learn some defense.

Comment

• With latest developments I am sure NOT a Warrior fan any longer. Always
                                rooting for Ron but now I can actually call myself a Knick fan. Haven't done
                                that since the DS days

Comment

Working...
                                X