Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ron Baker was a Knick, and now is a Wizard!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Straight cash, homie!

Comment

• So that might make him the richest man in Scott City Kansas

Comment

• Charles Koch really ponied up big time to keep Ron in NYC.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
          So that might make him the richest man in Scott City Kansas
          probably not

Comment

• If you happen to be in the NYC area, be sure to ask Ron if he can spare a few tickets.

Comment

• Report: Knicks signed Ron Baker to 2-year, $8.9M deal

Point guard Ron Baker revealed he'd be retained by the New York Knicks on the first day of free agency, but terms of his contract were not initially disclosed.As it turns out, the Knicks signed Baker to a two-year, $8.9-million contract that includes a player option, league sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.This deal can be considered an overwhelming success for the 24-year-old, who went undrafted after four celebrated years at Wichita State. The Knicks nabbed Baker due to his size and tenacity, but like most rookies, he struggled.Baker averaged 4.1 points, 1.9 rebounds, and 2.1 assists last season while hitting 37.8 percent from the field and 26.7 percent from deep.The Knicks, now under new management, apparently saw enough to retain Baker on a player-friendly contract. He'll likely serve as the backup point guard, with an outside shot at the starting job since that position remains vacant two weeks into free agency outside of raw rookie Frank Ntilikina.

Comment

• NBA Twitter reacts to Ron Baker's $9 million deal with Knicks

Comment

• Love the comment that he currently has a shot at being the starting pg. With a deal that size, I wouldn't be surprised if he is closer than you would think.

Comment

• "What other team was offering 4MM/yr for Baker that the Knicks had to go 4.5?"

Hit the nail on the head without thinking it all the way through. Baker is/was a wanted commodity.

Comment

• WOW! Plus, Ron deserves every million of it.

Comment

• Great deal for Baker, but man I'd hate to be a Knicks fan right now. That organization is a complete mess!

Comment

• Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post
                          Great deal for Baker, but man I'd hate to be a Knicks fan right now. That organization is a complete mess!
                          This is the first commitment to winning I've seen them make in years.

Comment

• Show Bake the money--and they were smart and did just that. Happy for Ron Baker--a forever Shocker!!!!!!!!!!!
                            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• I love Ron, and my son will be at his camp next weekend for the second year in a row, but man NY overpaid Ron and THJ. Ron may be worth that at some point, but he shot so bad last year, I can't imagine teams lining up to sign him, and all the Knicks had to do was make a qualifying offer and then match what another team was willing to pay. But great for Ron.

Comment

• Gotta love the KWCH Facebook page posting the news and then asking the question "but is Ron worth the money?" under the headline...

Business 101. Do you know what determines the value of a thing?

How much will someone pay for it. He became worth the money when they made the offer and he signed it.

Comment

Working...
                                X