• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SlyShock View Post
    http://www.cbssports.com/college-bas...st-value-bets/
    Odds to win college basketball national championship: Five best value bets

Wichita State at 200/1
    Ummm...to win a national title, you have to win consecutive games first.
    78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
      Ummm...to win a national title, you have to win consecutive games first.
      Creighton's hopes and dreams for this season are likely only exceeded by 2014 in the history of their program, and for that they get 150/1 and a four seed if everything falls their way? Lol! They fashion themselves as Judge Smalls, but when they speak all they hear is Al Czervick's voice. It must be so confusing for bluejayfan.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
        Creighton's hopes and dreams for this season are likely only exceeded by 2014 in the history of their program, and for that they get 150/1 and a four seed if everything falls their way? Lol! They fashion themselves as Judge Smalls, but when they speak all they hear is Al Czervick's voice. It must be so confusing for bluejayfan.
        I get what you are trying to do, but....

Al Czervick > Judge Smails

Now, a more correct way for you to express your opinion would be to say, "Creighton's hopes and dreams for this season are likely only exceeded by 2014 in the history of their program, and for that they get 150/1 and a four seed if everything falls their way? Lol! They fashion themselves as Ty Webb, but when they speak all they hear is Judge Smails' voice. It must be so confusing for bluejayfan."
        There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• UNLV wants Shockers at home

I'd love to see this solely for personal reasons.

UNLV hopes to get a home game with Wichita State when the Mountain West/Missouri Valley Challenge schedule is set in 2017 and 2018. The Rebels have played twice at Wichita State, and they will face...

Comment

• Al Czervick owned the lumber yard, plus businesses all across the globe. He was well connected, yet was a down to earth people person with lots of friends. Al had the coolest golf bag in the world, had hot chicks hanging all over him and knew how to party. Al was awesome!

Judge Smails was an egomanic with few friends. He had a Napoleon complex and was a cheat at golf. Smails overestimated his importance and talent. His only redeeming characteristic was his trampy neice, who had an incredible rack.
            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• “We think it is only right that they would return one of those games and play us at the Thomas & Mack Center,” UNLV athletic director Tina Kunzer-Murphy said

Who is this schmuck and why does he think they are owed anything? Maybe if UNLV hadn't sucked last year we wouldn't have been a play-in team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                “We think it is only right that they would return one of those games and play us at the Thomas & Mack Center,” UNLV athletic director Tina Kunzer-Murphy said

Who is this schmuck and why does he think they are owed anything? Maybe if UNLV hadn't sucked last year we wouldn't have been a play-in team.
                Yea, I was wondering about that too. I thought 1 year was conference arranged and the next time was a buy game ... IE they accepted a check to come here? Or were they both conference arranged?

Comment

“We think it is only right that they would return one of those games and play us at the Thomas & Mack Center,” UNLV athletic director Tina Kunzer-Murphy said

Yikes. Usually teams don't say they feel OWED to get a return game when it's part of a dual-conference series (MVC-MWC). It's one thing to say, "Hey, we'd really like to have Wichita State come to Vegas", which is totally understandable.

Although, I think our last three BracketBusters games were followed up with a return game, exactly two seasons afterwards (VCU, Davidson, Detroit). But I guess I'm unaware if that's just common courtesy. Regardless, that quote is dumb.
                  "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                    Yikes. Usually teams don't say they feel OWED to get a return game when it's part of a dual-conference series (MVC-MWC). It's one thing to say, "Hey, we'd really like to have Wichita State come to Vegas", which is totally understandable.

Although, I think our last three BracketBusters games were followed up with a return game, exactly two seasons afterwards (VCU, Davidson, Detroit). But I guess I'm unaware if that's just common courtesy. Regardless, that quote is dumb.
                    That was part of the BracketBusters deal. The return games were originally the next season, and then they moved them to 2 years after.

Return games are not a part of the conference challenge deal. Whining to whomever that you want the best team in the other league on your home court cause they owe you when you literally just got to play them and super shat the bed (including firing your coach) and their schedule the prior year is really tone-deaf.
                    Last edited by Cdizzle; September 22, 2016, 04:46 PM.

Comment

That was part of the BracketBusters deal. Return games are not a part of the conference challenge deal.
                      Ah, thanks for the clarification. Did not know that.
                      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                        Judge Smails was an egomanic with few friends. He had a Napoleon complex and was a cheat at golf. Smails overestimated his importance and talent.
                        I don't know what you're talking about, that sounds like a perfect analog to Creighton.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anthroshock View Post
                          I'd love to see this solely for personal reasons.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/...-wichita-state
                          The tone of that article is kinda weird. Like the UNLV side feels WSU is snubbing them or something. Odd.

From a fan perspective, I can't imagine there's anyone in the WSU fanbase that objects to an away game to UNLV. If it turned into a perpetual H-H like Tulsa and SLU that would be awesome. Blame the MWC for the totally goofy matchups they seem to provide in the series, not us.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                            I don't know what you're talking about, that sounds like a perfect analog to Creighton.
                            That would be fine if Al Czervik wasn't used as a comparison.
                            Czervik > Smails.

Comment

• Perfect! Glad to see other quality "name" programs want to get the Shockers at their place too! Be great to see the Shocks with home and homes with UNLV, San Diego St, Gonzaga, etc. along with the Oklahoma schools from time to time. That's a positive UNLV wants us!
                              FINAL FOURS:
                              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                              Number of Times Ranked: 157
                              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                              #3 - Dec. 2017
                              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                              #2 ~ March 2014
                              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Gary Parrish's Top 25 +1

Comment

Working...
                                X