Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
    Sorry, I got nothin'.
    I'll take this. From a win probability perspective, it was Baker's three to put us up four against Gonzaga. Our win probability took an astronomical jump, from around 54.5% to 79% per KenPom.

Now, when you take into account the fact that it essentially sent us to the Final Four, Tekele's three against Ohio State was the most important for the program at the time.
    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Royalno5 View Post
      Was it the play or the look on Self's face after the play?
      Two for one.

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
        I'll take this. From a win probability perspective, it was Baker's three to put us up four against Gonzaga. Our win probability took an astronomical jump, from around 54.5% to 79% per KenPom.

Now, when you take into account the fact that it essentially sent us to the Final Four, Tekele's three against Ohio State was the most important for the program at the time.
        Fred's late floater was huge!!!!

Comment

Mine would be the cotton dunk against Illinois State. Followed closely by about anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
            So was mine. Pissed off my wife last night because the smell woke her up.
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Tekele's windmill
              Tekele's "OH MY GOD" dunk against the Redbirds
              Cle's dunk on Caulie-Stein
              Cle's Dunk in the Final Four
              Toure and his many 3 point game winners
              Fred's Gonzaga shot
              Wragge's missed 3 at the buzzer (does opposing team plays count?)
              Cle's 3 to win at Illinois State

This is a tough list to choose from. I might have to go with Cle's dunk in the Final Four just because the stage it was on and the time in the game. #2 for me would be Tekele's windmill on the same day as ESPN Gameday.

Comment

Glad you didn't say "Fred's huge floater."

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
                  Tekele's "OH MY GOD" dunk against the Redbirds
                  Which one? He had multiples. You have to be specific here :)

This one?

Or this one?

Both are just ridiculous and two of my favorite plays.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                    Most important and favorite are not necessarily the same thing although they could be.
                    I am completely aware of that. It was just a little humor jab at JH4P. Nothing serious about it. I used "important" intentionally, just because I know there is no way to draw any empirical data to determine "favorite," so I thought it would make it a bit more fun.
                    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

This one?

Or this one?

The first one (at Illinois State). The OH MY GOD is to quote Craig Stevens.

Comment

Not a play but in the Kansas game, WSU called a timeout with about five minutes to go after having trouble inbounding the ball. Bill Self went nuts, apparently thinking there should have been a five-second call. You could clearly read his lips. "NO!!!!! BULL$#!+!!!! (pause...looking for Higgins) JOHN!!!!!!!!!!!!!" The camera immediately panned to Gregg, who had a wonderful sarcastic smile on his face, as to say, "Look at this guy making an @$$ of himself."

That ten-second moment was an ironic microcosm of that game. One team and coach was poised like it had been there before, and one team (and PARTICULARLY the coach) panicked and acted like the stage was too big. It's just that those outside of Wichita wouldn't have guessed that the Shockers would be the poised ones and that the Jayhawks would be the ones panicking.
                        Last edited by WuShock16; April 18, 2016, 02:22 PM.
                        78-65

Comment

My favorite is the timeout given to the Shocks when Self thought he had a 5 count. The smirk from 3G makes me laugh every time I see it.
                          One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

Nothin' but net.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

This one?

Or this one?

That second one. From where I sit in CKA, when Fred tossed it inbounds, I thought there was no freaking way TC gets high enough to snag that.

Comment

Good thread, folks. Thought I'd join in. Just a couple of my favorites since Coach Marshall took over at Wichita State.

Game Winner #1

G
                                ame Winner #2

Comment

Working...
                                X