Favorite Play of the Marshall Era

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Play of the Marshall Era

Since the topics to discuss are lacking at this point in the offseason, here is another remembrance thread I thought I would start to bring up some great memories.

What is your favorite play of the Gregg Marshall era?

This can go a lot of different directions: highlight reel dunks, big shots at critical points, tremendous defensive plays. There are a lot of good choices.

It is hard for me to nail down one, and if I did, I feel like I would have forgotten an important play. That said, since this is my idea, I probably better come up with one single play...so....

78-65

I'd have a hard time choosing. Obviously Tekele had so many monster dunks to choose from. FVV, Ron, Garret, Graham, so many choices. I'll say my top three, in no particular order would have to be the long range dagger 3 FVV hit against Gonzaga, the Cle dunk assisted by FVV against UK, and the Zach Brown steal/dunk against KU that crushed their spirits.
    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Van Vleets shot against the Zags

Comment

Where is JH4P? Surely there's some statistical/analytical way to determine what was the most important play during the 3.3G era.
        "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

The windmill is top 3 and these are my other two.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sqnaINvaCg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7t4D9dQiA9Q

Comment

Cle's dunk from Fred against Kentucky was mentioned, which was a great one.

Here is another Cle dunk that showed the nation that we came to Atlanta to compete...

78-65

Comment

One that will be mildly forgotten by now is that play where Malcolm Armstead went coast to coast and put on a circus act with the ball getting there. I think he missed the shot, but it was the kind of play you watch and re-watch because of the ball skill display he put on. I'm pretty sure it was towards the end of the Final Four run...probably against Louisville.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                One that will be mildly forgotten by now is that play where Malcolm Armstead went coast to coast and put on a circus act with the ball getting there. I think he missed the shot, but it was the kind of play you watch and re-watch because of the ball skill display he put on. I'm pretty sure it was towards the end of the Final Four run...probably against Louisville.
                If he missed it, then it probably was against Louisville.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockCrazy View Post
                  The windmill is top 3 and these are my other two.
                  For easier viewing...

https://[URL]https://www.youtube.com...[/URL]
                  78-65

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                    Where is JH4P? Surely there's some statistical/analytical way to determine what was the most important play during the 3.3G era.
                    Sorry, I got nothin'.

Comment

ZB steal and dunk against KU
                      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Was it the play or the look on Self's face after the play?

Comment

Originally posted by Royalno5 View Post
                          The play. The look was the cherry on top.
                          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by Royalno5 View Post
                            That time when "They think they've won" turns into, "Yeah, my bad, they were totally right."

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                              Most important and favorite are not necessarily the same thing although they could be.

Comment

Working...
                              X