NBA Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA Draft

Fred, Ron, Perry, Selden, Diallo, Greene, Ballentine, Beane, Mockevicius..............Who gets drafted? Anybody go in the first round? Who in the second round? Who doesn't hear their name called?
    Last edited by pinstripers; April 1, 2016, 09:20 AM.

Fred, Ron, Perry and the dude that Cotton shut down will get drafted. Greene will be a bus driver for the And 1 mixtape guys. Ballentine, Beane and Mock will have rock solid overseas careers.

Comment

My gut is that all the Kansas fellas get drafted. Nobody goes in the first round. Only Ron from the Valley will hear his name called. An undrafted Fred will make a roster in the NBA eventually.

All of that said and I'm still perplexed with Cle's lack of progress at that next level. Ron did prove at the Pan Am games that he can run with those guys. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Comment

Ron, Seldon and Perry all second rounders. The other guys all get invited to camps. I like Perry, but I don't think he's athletic enough to make an NBA roster - too small to be a forward in the NBA and not quick enough to be a 3 guard.

Comment

Forgot Diallo; ........fixed

Comment

Chad Ford has Ron at #63 and Fred at #71 on his NBA draft board. Both just outside the second round but within easy striking distance to move up quickly if they show well at camps and workouts.

My gut says Ron goes in the later part of the 2nd round and FVV will either be selected in the last couple picks by a title contender or will just barely be left out of the party. He will have no problem finding a slot in the NBA summer league regardless.

Comment

I can't see baker not getting drafted. What is his weakness in the NBA? I think he has it all.

Comment

His perimeter shooting is suspect. He didn't have a stellar year shooting. Other than that, though, yeah, he seems to be a good fit. Dude can really play D.

Comment

Originally posted by Baileyburns_9 View Post
                  I can't see baker not getting drafted. What is his weakness in the NBA? I think he has it all.
                  The easy answer? Age.

Comment

Originally posted by Baileyburns_9 View Post
                    It's really quite simple, either he starts shooting the 3 from NBA range at a high percentage or he won't play in the league.

Comment

Baker may not get drafted but he will make a roster.

Comment

Baker, FVV, and Perry will all make some team better, regardless if their names are called or not.
                        "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

I would like to see all three get drafted and make a roster next season. I don't see it happening. Eventually, all those guys will play in the NBA but it will look more like the Toure Murry route.

Something that is not understood all that well about the NBA is the fact that there is very little player turnover. As opposed to football which sees a high roster churn every year, the NBA is exactly opposite. The structure of guaranteed contracts in the NBA encourages teams to stick with current players and avoid bringing in new talent.

NFL teams will cut a productive player just so they don't have to pay him, NBA teams will keep an unproductive player around so they don't have to pay him AND another guy to sit at the end of the bench.

So unless a player is drafted in the 1st round, it's really hard to find an open roster spot on any team. Sometimes it takes a couple of years and a series of 10-day contracts for guys like Fred, Ron and Perry to catch on.

Comment

I'll be a little surprised if Mock doesn't get drafted.
                            Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
                              I'll be a little surprised if Mock doesn't get drafted.
                              Prepare to be a little surprised.

Comment

Working...
                              X