No announcement yet.

2016-17 Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When will tickets go on sale for the exhibition?
    Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• [QUOTE=giskard;673028]The schedule on goshockers.com says it will be on Kansas

I am in Georiga. Will be picked up by ESPN3?
      Last edited by atlwsu; October 28, 2016, 03:27 PM.

Comment

• [QUOTE=atlwsu;673121]
        Originally posted by giskard View Post
        The schedule on goshockers.com says it will be on Kansas

I am in Georiga. Will be picked up by ESPN3?
        In my experience as an out-of-towner, pretty much every Kansas 22 broadcast is on ESPN 3
        "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• [QUOTE=Rocky Mountain Shock;673136]
          Originally posted by atlwsu View Post

In my experience as an out-of-towner, pretty much every Kansas 22 broadcast is on ESPN 3
          Same experience. In fact if memory serves...I've probably only been able to NOT watch maybe 3 or 4 games the last couple few years due to Cox 22 and the ESPN3 stream.
          FINAL FOURS:
          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
          Number of Times Ranked: 157
          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
          #3 - Dec. 2017
          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
          #2 ~ March 2014
          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• "Augusta University Tops PBC Men’s Basketball Preseason Coaches Poll" - Peachbelt.com

"The Augusta University Jaguars have been voted the Peach Belt Conference men's basketball preseason favorite in a poll of the league's head coaches released on Thursday....Augusta reached the championship game of the 2016 PBC Tournament and fell to Lander on a last-second shot. The Jaguars were 18-11 overall and 12-7 in league play and won six of their final seven games. Head coach Dip Metress welcomes back two-time All-American Keshun Sherrill for his senior season; he was third in the league in scoring with 23.3 points per game and named to the preseason All-Conference team on Wednesday. Also back is junior Tamyrik Fields who was second on the team in scoring with 11.8 per game. Also returning are sophomores Ja'Shawn Brooks, Aaron Byrd, Tyvez Monroe and Deane Williams, all of whom played significant minutes as freshmen last year."

Comment

• Tulsa's Corey Henderson has not been cleared by the NCAA and will not dress for tonight's exhibition game. Frank Haith told ESPN he has been cleared to practice and is hopeful for a decision soon from the NCAA.

Jeff *******, ESPN Insider
              Interesting.

Comment

• #8 LOUISVILLE MEN'S BASKETBALL 2016-2017 PREVIEW - College Sports Madness

Top 144 Previews

Predicted to finish 3rd in ACC Conference, with an #2 seed in his mock bracket.

Potential opponent in Battle 4 Atlantis

"Louisville missed out on the NCAA Tournament last year due to sanctions, which was quite disappointing for a few players who transferred in for their senior seasons. Regardless, Coach Rick Pitino has a talented group returning. There are some major questions, but the Cardinals have the pure talent to compete for an ACC title. And this time around they will be able to make a run in the NCAA Tournament. Quentin Snider will handle the point guard duties again after dishing out 3.5 assists per game. At 9.4 points per contest, Snider is also the team’s top returning scorer. Snider is a very good outside shooter, but could be more efficient attacking the basket."

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                  Interesting.
                  Why isn't he cleared?

Comment

• Originally posted by rrshock View Post
                    Why isn't he cleared?
                    No clue. I wonder if he had sub-par grades last spring.

Comment

• Feel like this should be on the first page.
                      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• I'm excited that the Battle 4 Atlantis doesn't have any cupcakes. The three bottom teams seem to be ODU (KenPom #104), St. John's (KenPom #89), and LSU (KenPom #87). If WSU can beat LSU in the first game, they likely avoid both ODU and St. John's completely and get top 75 opponents (maybe even top 50 or top 25) in games 2 & 3. Even if the Shox end up in the loser's bracket, they might not catch all 3 of these "lesser" teams. Baylor or VCU could very well become their game 3 opponent if WSU loses game 1, wins game 2.

Obviously 3 losses like last year would be devastating regardless of opponents, but let's just not go there. I'm just glad that amongst all the Maryland Eastern Shore, South Carolina State, and crappy MVC games, this tournament should bring nothing but solid competition throughout.

Comment

• What are the chances that the SCSU and LBSU wins end up being better wins than we currently think they will be? I know it depends how they perform the rest of the way, but just wondering. Specially LBSU.
                          "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                            What are the chances that the SCSU and LBSU wins end up being better wins than we currently think they will be? I know it depends how they perform the rest of the way, but just wondering. Specially LBSU.
                            Tough to tell. Would be great if both at least rolled up a lot of wins in their respective leagues. Neither team appeared as good to me as I was expecting, but it is possible that WSU had something to do with that. Will be easier to know once we all play a few more games.

Scoreboard watching/comparing as LBSU plays most of the Top 10 over the next month will be very interesting. Starting today @North Carolina.

Comment

• "Wouldn't it be Nice" (1966 hit song by the BEACH BOYS), if today's Long Beach State boys can pull off one or more upsets against some of the top Blue blood teams in the country that they will be playing on their road trip.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

Scoreboard watching/comparing as LBSU plays most of the Top 10 over the next month will be very interesting. Starting today @North Carolina.
                                ESPN3 at 7pm.
                                In the fast lane

Comment

Working...
                                X