Official 2016 Melt Down Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
    Look, we can both count. You have two (or three) positions. C, PF, and SF. SF: Brown/McDuffie. PF Shaq, Willis and McDuffie. C Shaq/Wills and maybe some Juco were recruiting.

Where in any of these scenarios does RKelly displac any of these players? Plus PF absolutely killed us this year, as a number of others have pointed out on the future thread.

I hope we're done with the 'We must start X because he has all these intangibles' talk.
    So you've got 120 mpg split between zb mm shaq and Willis. Let's start with the "5 spot". 40 minutes to fill. You've got it split between two players, one of which can't play more than 3-4 minutes without getting sloppy and fouling (yes we all hope this changes but we'll see). Somehow you think these two are also going to play minutes at the "4"? We ran a three man rotation at the 1-2 this year but two of those were aas and we all saw how much they had left in the tank at the end of the season. The projections on this board during the offseason can be so asinine. Last year everyone "knew" ew would not be playing minutes at the 4. Would not be starting. Would be playing his "natural position" at the 3. All of it was just plain wrong and I'm glad we have a coach that figured that out before anyone on this board ever would have. If you're setting a lineup based on nfl combine-esque stat sheet, you're doing it wrong. We're not Illinois state

Comment

Originally posted by shoxtop View Post
      So you've got 120 mpg split between zb mm shaq and Willis. Let's start with the "5 spot". 40 minutes to fill. You've got it split between two players, one of which can't play more than 3-4 minutes without getting sloppy and fouling (yes we all hope this changes but we'll see). Somehow you think these two are also going to play minutes at the "4"? We ran a three man rotation at the 1-2 this year but two of those were aas and we all saw how much they had left in the tank at the end of the season. The projections on this board during the offseason can be so asinine. Last year everyone "knew" ew would not be playing minutes at the 4. Would not be starting. Would be playing his "natural position" at the 3. All of it was just plain wrong and I'm glad we have a coach that figured that out before anyone on this board ever would have. If you're setting a lineup based on nfl combine-esque stat sheet, you're doing it wrong. We're not Illinois state

Don't deflect and nitpick. my original response to the poster who suggested RKelly should start was who is he going to displace who is already is playing and starting or projects as a starter. You're trying to turn this into an argument as to whether RKelly ought to play. I haven't said anywhere he shouldn't play, I said he does not play under enough control to displace any of our current starters or projected starters and also pointed out that his production is or will be below those I projected, so he should not be starting. If you don't have an effective argument to that theme, you either need to bring some facts or quit trolling.

Comment

So are you starting an unproven Willis over someone who has played in the program for 2 years? Again, every offseason we see this but when the season rolls around we see experience getting the nod. To say today, having seen 0 minutes of d1 ball from Willis, that he will be the starter is hopeful thinking at best. And you completely glossed over the fact that his minutes are needed at the "5". I could see mm starting at the 4 if he can bulk up a little and prove that he won't get pushed around underneath, but again. That is hopeful. If we're going with hopeful, then I'm hopeful that Kelly will progress his offense in the offseason to become a contributor, much the same as cotton did between years two and three.

Comment

Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
          So you're saying Kelly is better than Shaq, or that he's better than McDuffie, or that he's better than Darrlyn Willis? You must be smoking something this morning.

I see Kelly coming off the bench again next year. Yes, he gets offensive rebounds, but he also plays a little carelessly and out of control. Saying he's better than Willis implies Willis will be a bust. I disagree with your half-baked conclusion.
          Your predictions regarding EW tended to be completely accurate, right?

Comment

Working...
          X