No announcement yet.

Wichita State - Miami Game Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what about peyton allen, where does he come in?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
      I'm glad I represent so much of ShockerNation. I didn't realize I was that high up but thanks.

I'm just telling it like it is. If you have a problem with it or don't like reading my posts, there's an ignore button you can click on and then it all disappears. Then you'll never have to see me again.

Cheers!
      Comprehension issue---I never said you represent Shockernation...I just said that you make it look bad...the lowest rung on the totem pole can still make those at the top look bad. I have no problem keeping tabs of your posts---it's good to know the yin that goes with any yang. Cheers.
      Last edited by Singeril; March 20, 2016, 01:03 PM.

Comment

• I'm very surprised... but checking Conner's stat's on ESPN in his limited minutes, he actually has an almost 6-1 assist to TO ratio.

28 assists, 6 TO's in 470 minutes, 41 rebounds, 26 PF's though.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
          1. If not CF at point who and why? Possibly LS or DS but they are going to have to demonstrate it
          in D1 competition. JRS may play more than some think. At least he has actually done it.

2. IMHO the idea of a shooting coach is ludicrous. Start messing with CF, LS, PA, MM, AR, and
          some other good shooters like JRS will just mess up their shots and their confidence.

3. I'd be happy for someone to emerge as the next great PG and soon but I'm still betting CF will
          at least start the season there out of necessity.
          1. No

Comment

• Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
            I'm very surprised... but checking Conner's stat's on ESPN in his limited minutes, he actually has an almost 6-1 assist to TO ratio.

28 assists, 6 TO's in 470 minutes, 41 rebounds, 26 PF's though.
            Low turnovers can be the result of many things, but two of the primary are (1) being very accurate with passes and (2) making more of the easy, wide open pass and overlooking the not quite-so-easy and/or not-quite-so-wide-open that would result in even more scores.

I see CF, at least this season, as being rather passive regarding passing, too careful, but he does collect assists with good passes. The question I need resolved being, is there enough time in the shot clock to not be agressive? I think we've suffered from the reduced shot clock this year because we do not really have a one-on-one jump-shooter. It is drive into the trees or nothing. From the little I've seen, only Markis and Landry might have that ability. I look for lots of screens next year to get Conner shots. That won't happen if CF is playing the point.
            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
            ---------------------------------------
            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• If Frankamp was to be next year's point guard, surely he would have played the point a few possessions this year, yes?

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                If Frankamp was to be next year's point guard, surely he would have played the point a few possessions this year, yes?
                He was the third option and we didn't need him this year. The third best point guard this year can easily be next year's best point guard.

I actually think he was our second best point guard, but I don't have a whole lot of evidence to prove it and HCGM was very loyal to his seniors.

Comment

• While he may be next year, he was never the third option this year

Comment

• Conner at this time, is as much of a possibility to be our Point Guard as anyone.

Comment

While he may be next year, he was never the third option this year
                      Since he became eligible, he played point guard before anybody else not named Ron or Fred. I wonder which team you watched?

Comment

• never........played........the........point

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                          Conner at this time, is as much of a possibility to be our Point Guard as anyone.
                          Won't happen. He is not a 30 minute guy. Teams will exploit his D.

Comment

never........played........the........point
                            You are wrong sir.

Comment

• Originally posted by isubirds89 View Post
                              Not trying to rile anyone up or anything. Just have a question.

Why did Wessel get so many minutes? He was an offensive liability. There was one stretch where he played lazy defense and gave up a step back 3, missed a wide open 3 on the other end, then fouled somewhere in there. I get the love for the guy as he hustled and plays hard, but it seemed 4 on 5 with him out there.

Shocks represented well. Shaq Morris and McDuffie look strong going forward. Frankamp shows some signs, but needs to develop better with the ball this off-season.
                              At the time Wessel was recruited, we weren't recruiting the types of players we are now. Also, by signing Wessel, there was always the chance, although slim, that we could get Perry signed, too.

In today's recruiting, the best Wessel could ever hope to have of playing as a Shocker would be as a walk-on.

Comment

• My memory is fading, wasn't there talk early on in EW's career that he was our best 3 point shooter? Before he hurt his hand.

Comment

Working...
                                X