Wichita State - Miami Game Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IdahoShocker View Post
    My memory is fading, wasn't there talk early on in EW's career that he was our best 3 point shooter? Before he hurt his hand.
    I believe he had the higher 3FG% before the injury, but I think that was also again lesser competition. Also, you would have thought that after 3-4 years, he would have been over the pinky injury and been able to again shoot like he did initially.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
      I believe he had the higher 3FG% before the injury, but I think that was also again lesser competition. Also, you would have thought that after 3-4 years, he would have been over the pinky injury and been able to again shoot like he did initially.
      It doesn't seem like a pinky on the non-shooting hand would be that critical, but the psychology of it can be surprising. Frankly, while he did have a very good percentage, I always thought he shot the ball too flat. Watching him in the late pre-game warm-up, he makes them when they have good arc, but misses when they are flatter. I think a shooting coach would utilize the "tracker" machine that volleyball uses with the setters, so that the sets become the same every time. That would seem to apply to any shot from 15 feet out, FTs, jumpshots or three-pointers.
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Would that work with free throws?

Comment

• Originally posted by Iseeoz View Post
          Would that work with free throws?
          The impression I got when seeing it presented at a Volleyball 101 deal 2-3 years ago was that the basketball team had used it for FTs. That made sense, but whether it was, is or how much it was/is used is pure speculation. The time it needs to be used in when the kids are practicing on their own. Shoot ten and review the tracks; shoot ten and review the tracks; shoot ten and review the tracks; ................................
          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:

Comment

• Evan was a football player that saved our asses many a time getting extra possessions. What hustle and toughness that guy was! Yes didn't get much scoring from him...but tons of dirty work!!!
            FINAL FOURS:
            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
            Number of Times Ranked: 157
            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
            #3 - Dec. 2017
            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
            #2 ~ March 2014
            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
              Evan was a football player that saved our asses many a time getting extra possessions. What hustle and toughness that guy was! Yes didn't get much scoring from him...but tons of dirty work!!!
              Over my 60+ years of watching college basketball and pro basketball back in the Russell/Chamberlain/West/Robertson years, nearly every championship team had the glue guy who did the tough stuff that allowed the stars to do their thing. Whether is was Satch Sanders or Kurt Rambis or later Dennis Rodman, there always seemed to be one. At WSU, Jay Jackson, Wayne Durham, etc. Evan just wrote a new chapter.

Comment

• Final 4 Perfect season one seed sweet 16 beating Kansas & Indiana & this year first 4 gauntlet that CBS wanted to test us with wins over Vanderbilt & Arizona ... Fred & Ron have nothing to hang their heads over, that's just iconic body of work

Comment

• Miami guard Angel Rodriguez speaks with Andy Katz about blowing a 21-point lead and rallying back for a 65-57 win over a resilient Wichita State team to advance to the Sweet 16.

Rodriguez speaks.
                  "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                    Doubt they go out like this.

They may not win, but it won't end this way.
                    Thank you @SHURTZtheHERTZ: for this post while the Shox were down about 20.

To all those who jumped into the game thread just to demean the heart, soul, effort, and desire of the players...

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                      Thank you @SHURTZtheHERTZ: for this post while the Shox were down about 20.

To all those who jumped into the game thread just to demean the heart, soul, effort, and desire of the players...

Thanks for the shoutout!

We almost saw a comeback like that epic 18-point halftime deficit at MSU during the 35-0 run. That would have been just another amazing notch in their belt!
                      The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                        Thanks for the shoutout!

We almost saw a comeback like that epic 18-point halftime deficit at MSU during the 35-0 run. That would have been just another amazing notch in their belt!
                        If not for the 3rd game in 87 hours, I believe that's exactly what it would've been.
                        "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Working...
                        X