• Originally posted by Mr. Obvious View Post
    Still praying for you.
    Your wife doesn't think I need prayers.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
      There are volumes of debate about this on Shockernet. The detractors will point out his offensive deficiencies and lack of size. The pros point to hustle and leadership. Whichever side you are on you will find plenty of allies. Bottom line is that HCGM wanted him on the floor.
      HCGM trusting him is the most important thing. It may be a chemistry thing as well. Congrats to the seniors on their amazing careers. It will be weird not rooting against those guys.

I see you guys stepping back slightly next year, but still likely the clear frontrunners in the Valley. Shaq Morris will be an absolute stud if he plays like he did at the end for a full season.

Comment

• Originally posted by isubirds89 View Post
        I dont think he understands that even Shocker fans hate him. People are straight up trolling him and hes biting every time.
        Sincere apologies isubirds for the idiotic and offensive posts of one ShockerFever towards you. His posts are way over the top and barely coherent most of the time. Although he posts here often, please know that he is certainly not the norm for Shocker posters. I don't like all the stuff that's said on the ISU board--not a bit. But that doesn't mean that someone here has to post so poorly towards you. I grew up in the Normal area--moved west--thrilled to be here--but lots of respect towards the Central Illinois teams. May the rivalry continue--with class.

Comment

• And, I, too, would love to see a moderator around here once in awhile since some of the children don't know how to play nice in the sandbox.

Comment

• Originally posted by Singeril View Post
            Sincere apologies isubirds for the idiotic and offensive posts of one ShockerFever towards you. His posts are way over the top and barely coherent most of the time. Although he posts here often, please know that he is certainly not the norm for Shocker posters. I don't like all the stuff that's said on the ISU board--not a bit. But that doesn't mean that someone here has to post so poorly towards you. I grew up in the Normal area--moved west--thrilled to be here--but lots of respect towards the Central Illinois teams. May the rivalry continue--with class.
            :cry:

You want me to go pull some heart-warming posts Mr. ISUbirds89 has provided over at his board? I'm sure you'd be impressed.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Every fan base has them. As for the rivalry, I would love for ISU to get to the level Wichita has and maintain it. I love the cold feelings between Marshall and Muller. Just wish both fan bases would step back. ISU is not as dirty as some Wichita fans think. Just like Wichita players don't flop and whine as much as ISU fans think. In person it is a class relationship. Online is a whole different game.

Comment

Every fan base has them. As for the rivalry, I would love for ISU to get to the level Wichita has and maintain it. I love the cold feelings between Marshall and Muller. Just wish both fan bases would step back. ISU is not as dirty as some Wichita fans think. Just like Wichita players don't flop and whine as much as ISU fans think. In person it is a class relationship. Online is a whole different game.
                Yes, you would be one of "them".

I like how you've come over here and are totally two-facing it.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                  Yes, you would be one of "them".

I like how you've come over here and are totally two-facing it.
                  You can point to any of my posts during or immediately following a game as being too passionate. Sorry for coming to post a congratulation the seniors that played a large part in the run you are enjoying.

Comment

Not trying to rile anyone up or anything. Just have a question.

Why did Wessel get so many minutes? He was an offensive liability. There was one stretch where he played lazy defense and gave up a step back 3, missed a wide open 3 on the other end, then fouled somewhere in there. I get the love for the guy as he hustled and plays hard, but it seemed 4 on 5 with him out there.

Shocks represented well. Shaq Morris and McDuffie look strong going forward. Frankamp shows some signs, but needs to develop better with the ball this off-season.
                    It's a good question. Wessel was (feels weird to say "was) a main cog in the HCGM system. HCGM has stated that he likes to always have a kid like Wessel on the floor and actively recruits his type. Take Wessel out, and you have to wonder who will go in and why, from a role player perspective. He brought (again, hate using past tense) a lot to the team but was, as you noticed, an offensive liability at times. He had a pretty poor season on the offensive end of things...no doubt about it. In fact, I'd say he regessed each of the last few seasons on that front. But, his hustle and hard play increased. Bottom line...you take him out, you have to sacrifice much of what he brings to the game...nobody else stepped in to score a lot of points...you have to be careful with that kind of thing.

Comment

You can point to any of my posts during or immediately following a game as being too passionate. Sorry for coming to post a congratulation the seniors that played a large part in the run you are enjoying.
                      Gee, I wonder if I'm being passionate after a game just ended? You know the NCAA Tournament game that was going on today?

Don't be a hypocrite. And don't come at me.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

It's a good question. Wessel was (feels weird to say "was) a main cog in the HCGM system. HCGM has stated that he likes to always have a kid like Wessel on the floor and actively recruits his type. Take Wessel out, and you have to wonder who will go in and why, from a role player perspective. He brings a lot to the team but is, as you noticed, an offensive liability at times. He had a pretty poor season on the offensive end of things...no doubt about it. In fact, I'd say he regessed each of the last few seasons on that front. But, his hustle and hard play increased. Bottom line...you take him out, you have to sacrifice much of what he brings to the game...nobody else is stepping in to score a lot of points...you have to be careful with that kind of thing.

Something definitely changed in HCGM's planning or something he saw against the competition these 3 games with Evan. He seemed to get less and less minutes each game and only scored i believe 2 total points in the 3 games he played.

I feel bad for him for everything he has given to the program, but as stated he really lost his offensive touch this year and it was weird how fast things went downhill. He doesn't have the future in basketball (overseas, nba, etc) that fred, ron, and anton have. Heck even bush might get a sniff like Orupke did being 7 feet.

Edit: guess he actually saw his minutes increase in the tourney from the first to last game. Issue was in his last 5 games combined he scored 7 total points in 77 minutes. (he only scored 339 points in his 4 years at wsu?? a lot lower than I expected.
                        Last edited by mjbaker84; March 19, 2016, 10:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                          :cry:

You want me to go pull some heart-warming posts Mr. ISUbirds89 has provided over at his board? I'm sure you'd be impressed.
                          I've seen the posts on their board (note that I made mention of the tone on their board in my post). But to use that as a weak defense of your own behavior on our board? Spare me. All you do is egg it on to no avail. In the end, it only makes you look bad--not to mention the rest of Shockernation. I'm surprised you'd want to stoop to the level of a fan base that you so obviously despise. Don't try to be a legend in your own mind.

Comment

• 1. If not CF at point who and why? Possibly LS or DS but they are going to have to demonstrate it
                            in D1 competition. JRS may play more than some think. At least he has actually done it.

2. IMHO the idea of a shooting coach is ludicrous. Start messing with CF, LS, PA, MM, AR, and
                            some other good shooters like JRS will just mess up their shots and their confidence.

3. I'd be happy for someone to emerge as the next great PG and soon but I'm still betting CF will
                            at least start the season there out of necessity.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
                              Something definitely changed in HCGM's planning or something he saw against the competition these 3 games with Evan. He seemed to get less and less minutes each game and only scored i believe 2 total points in the 3 games he played.

I feel bad for him for everything he has given to the program, but as stated he really lost his offensive touch this year and it was weird how fast things went downhill. He doesn't have the future in basketball (overseas, nba, etc) that fred, ron, and anton have. Heck even bush might get a sniff like Orupke did being 7 feet.
                              They were just horrible matchups for Evan. He was giving up 7 or 8 inches all 3 games it seemed.

Comment

I've seen the posts on their board (note that I made mention of the tone on their board in my post). But to use that as a weak defense of your own behavior on our board? Spare me. All you do is egg it on to no avail. In the end, it only makes you look bad--not to mention the rest of Shockernation. I'm surprised you'd want to stoop to the level of a fan base that you so obviously despise. Don't try to be a legend in your own mind.
                                I'm glad I represent so much of ShockerNation. I didn't realize I was that high up but thanks.

I'm just telling it like it is. If you have a problem with it or don't like reading my posts, there's an ignore button you can click on and then it all disappears. Then you'll never have to see me again.

Cheers!
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X