Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
    You're missing the point (naturally).

Ballers step up their games when the lights are shining the brightest. He's a good player. He's not some walk-on that got lucky for a 10 minute stretch. He's actually legit.

I'm busting the point that WSU was unlucky enough to have a really good player go off on them in the NCAA Tournament. It's stupid.
    I'll step away graciously like a Shocker, without name calling or insults. The SNers have just come to expect it from several of you!
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
      I'll step away graciously like a Shocker, without name calling or insults. The SNers have just come to expect it from several of you!
      Ok? I guess that means you have nothing to counter?

Thanks for bowing out gracefully though.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
        Ok? I guess that means you have nothing to counter?

Thanks for bowing out gracefully though.
        At least one of us could!
        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
        ---------------------------------------
        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
          At least one of us could!
          For sure. Now bow out like the bigger man that you are said you would.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Great comeback, but let's face it...this program hasn't been the same sine Early graduated. Not having an elite scorer is critical this time of year. We had the guard play to go deep, just not a guy that could go off for 30 at any given point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockerman View Post
              Great comeback, but let's face it...this program hasn't been the same sine Early graduated. Not having an elite scorer is critical this time of year. We had the guard play to go deep, just not a guy that could go off for 30 at any given point.
              Uh? We were ranked in the Top 15 virtually all of last year and made a Sweet 16....

Clearly not the same.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Husker4Shockers View Post
                You are absolutely correct, and I agree with you 100%. But as my daughter who works in media says: they don't care about the kids. they care about the money.
                I agree in general with that business notion. Nobody cares about the Midwest or Miami basketball. But let's be real, it's not like Utah vs Gonzaga or Virginia vs Butler or Iowa state vs Arkansas something something little rock is driving revenue either. So, if all else is equal, shocks shouldn't have been 11am game...

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                  Several thoughts...

Finally, go **** yourselves, NCAA! You all suck! Either do away with the First Four or figure out something. Maybe make sure all First Four games are on Tuesday with winners being placed in a Friday pod. There is no way in hell that you can talk about player welfare and then give Wichita State the week they had this week. Even taking out the play-in game, there is no ****ing way that you would have had a blueblood up at midnight on Thursday and gave them a Saturday noon start for its next game. You win, @$$holes!
                  You can't blame the time. They are college kids not 60 year old men. Sleep is overrated.

Comment

Finally, go **** yourselves, NCAA! You all suck! Either do away with the First Four or figure out something. Maybe make sure all First Four games are on Tuesday with winners being placed in a Friday pod. There is no way in hell that you can talk about player welfare and then give Wichita State the week they had this week. Even taking out the play-in game, there is no ****ing way that you would have had a blueblood up at midnight on Thursday and gave them a Saturday noon start for its next game. You win, @$$holes!
                    It was total BS schedule job. No rest but we still gave em hell! Very proud! These young men are warriors!!
                    Last edited by AZ Shocker; March 19, 2016, 03:38 PM.
                    FINAL FOURS:
                    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                    Number of Times Ranked: 157
                    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                    #3 - Dec. 2017
                    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                    #2 ~ March 2014
                    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by wayreth21 View Post
                      You can't blame the time. They are college kids not 60 year old men. Sleep is overrated.
                      The Assman

Comment

• Conference tournaments are games everyday. They had a full day off before the game. WSU got outplayed plain and simple. I realize trying to justify the loss by scheduling, refs, or whatever makes people feel better, but it sounds like sour grapes.

Comment

Adrenaline is a nice offset, but the brain does have reduced function when sleep patterns are all screwed up. Think about the impact a baby not sleeping can have on your life.

The whole window for this game was a mess and I got thinking had some impact. I saw a few hustle plays early on that I can't imagine happening with a fresh team.

The issue to me wasn't three games, it was the whacky schedule of the three games and how that's impacts normal sleeping patterns.

Comment

Conference tournaments are games everyday. They had a full day off before the game. WSU got outplayed plain and simple. I realize trying to justify the loss by scheduling, refs, or whatever makes people feel better, but it sounds like sour grapes.
                            They don't make the team that plays last play first the next day though. Or make them travel across country twice in two days.

Other than that, you are right though.
                            The Assman

Comment

Without the First Four, we'd be playing in the NIT and probably still playing.

Comment

• Just was not our day. Very well could have been up 5 with three to go instead of down 5.
                                Just plain lucky tip of the ball on the early ally oop that went in for them. Four charity free
                                throws for them to end the half. MM barely stepping on the sideline before draining a 3 and
                                a number of threes that went in and out. I loved the effort all the guys gave on a day that
                                a lot of things just didn't go well.

Comment

Working...
                                X