No announcement yet.

Wichita State - Miami Game Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll be upset tomorrow but right now I'm just proud of the team for everything they've given over the years and how they fought back today--nobody who watched the whole game could think we were outclassed or that it couldn't have gone our way. I met two other Wichitans at the bar here and when they asked me if the team would be good next year I had about six reasons ready why the answer is yes. Nothing to be ashamed of and nothing to worry about with this program, folks.

Comment

• Really looking forward to watching Shaq and McDuff next year. Everyone else not so much.

Comment

• 33% shooting vs 55% shooting.

Not usually gonna win.
        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by sdshox View Post
          One question about the game.

After laranaga got the T, there should have been the under 12 media timeout. TO was never taken. Any help why not? Not saying we still didn't Ave our chanves, but the 2.5 min of rest would have been a benefit to us.

If I remember right, wasn't the media timeout taken right before 12:00 when Miami took their timeout.

Comment

• No hard feelings..not a creughton fan. In costa rica for spring break with no wifi.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              We did actually take the lead briefly midway through the 2nd half but as often happens a team expends so much energy during a big comeback that you just don't have enough left in the tank to finish off a good opponent. And Miami was more than a good opponent. Conratulations to Miami, but also big kudos to the Shocks for not throwing in the towel.
              Correct.

It took a herculean effort to get back into and then briefly take the lead. But as soon as they did, Baker and Shaq committed two turnovers on consecutive possessions that really hurt.

Still don't understand having Wessel in the game at crunch time. He clearly was not up to guarding any of the faster UM players. His shot deserted him weeks ago so why was he in?
              Don't understand the thinking.

That is all.
              Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                Really looking forward to watching Shaq and McDuff next year. Everyone else not so much.
                That Shamet guy, total scrub.

Comment

• Rodriguez was 9/11 and 3/4 from 3. He will probably never do that again in his career. I think the hype for us made them more focused

Comment

• Originally posted by CourtJester View Post
                    No hard feelings..not a creughton fan. In costa rica for spring break with no wifi.
                    @kai, @DUShock:, @RoyalShock

BAN THIS ************.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• The fatigue was evident. Charles Barkley repped shockers in post game as well. The time/schedule/games were spaced poorly with the heavy travel as well. 3 games in like 84 hours with 2 decent flights.

Proud of All 5 seniors, not just Ron and Fred. Evan while playing less was a great shocker, Anton was a huge addition at times and bush appeared to be a great teammate

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                        Really looking forward to watching Shaq and McDuff next year. Everyone else not so much.
                        You can't be serious.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                          Rodriguez was 9/11 and 3/4 from 3. He will probably never do that again in his career. I think the hype for us made them more focused
                          Dude, are you serious? That kid is legit. I dunno why you have to make excuses for everything. The officiating, scrub players getting lucky, etc.

It's old.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Loved the way our guys battled back. Sad that it's the end for our seniors. They were a special bunch, and I have so many great memories of this year.

Comment

• Dont blame me, Shocks will be back.

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                              @kai:, @DU Shock, @RoyalShock:

BAN THIS ************.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                                Dude, are you serious? That kid is legit. I dunno why you have to make excuses for everything. The officiating, scrub players getting lucky, etc.

It's old.
                                If it's old stop responding to me. Never said he isn't a good player, but it WAS his career high. And you can't say he didn't have some lucky shots.

Comment

Working...
                                X