NCAA Tournament - Wichita State vs. Vanderbilt Official Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
    Evan Wessel didn't have a very good game, to say the least. You knew he was going to have a rough time when he had to guard someone 8 inches taller. He did the best he could, but unfortunately, the best he could do was to foul. As a result, he didn't see as much court time as usual.

The one play he had on offense that I didn't like was when Fred drove in the lane and threw a wraparound pass to him for a wide open 3. Instead of taking the 3, he decided to drive (which he hardly ever does with success) and threw up a wild one-handed shot. He would have been better off taken the open 3.
    That was one of the ugliest drive attempt that I have ever seen. Awesome ugly.
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Watch the replay. Watch his eyes. He's hoping that Markus would follow him into the lane and when he didn't Evan thought oh crap I'm up in the air got to get rid of it. The camera view from under the basket looked like that to me anyway.

Comment

• Game article from Vanderbilt perspective.

The Commodores recorded season lows in points (50), field-goal percentage (30.2) and 3-point percentage (15.8). No Vanderbilt starter scored in double figures.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          "The Commodores recorded season lows in points (50), field-goal percentage (30.2) and 3-point percentage (15.8). No Vanderbilt starter scored in double figures."

Just had an off night...

I really enjoyed this part: "The 20-point loss was also Vanderbilt’s third-largest losing margin in 25 NCAA Tournament games in program history"

Comment

• While discussing how they need to dump their coach for doing so little work NBA talent this comment was made by a Vandy fan:
            "If there was NBA talent on the floor last night .... They were wearing a black jersey"

:)

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              I doubt if 3G was to concerned about Fred's end of game celebratory jig. In fact, the topic of Bob Lutz' column on Monday was Marshall wants Baker and VanVleet to Go Back to Being Loose, Care-Free Youngsters.

If Fred would do anything out of line I'm sure 3G would let he know and more importantly Fred might very will get a personal visit from Detective Danforth.

I agree 1972. I don't see anything wrong with Fred's dance (or whatever it's called). There's nothing wrong with doing a little celebrating as you close out a hard fought, well deserved victory. There was nothing inflammatory or directed towards the opponents. I have not heard or seen any criticism of it in the media. The only comments I have heard about came from the ILLST fan forum. Those folks are just plain jealous of our success, and bitter about their prolonged presence in college basketball obscurity.
              ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                I agree 1972. I don't see anything wrong with Fred's dance (or whatever it's called). There's nothing wrong with doing a little celebrating as you close out a hard fought, well deserved victory. There was nothing inflammatory or directed towards the opponents. I have not heard or seen any criticism of it in the media. The only comments I have heard about came from the ILLST fan forum. Those folks are just plain jealous of our success, and bitter about their prolonged presence in college basketball obscurity.
                Who is paying attention to the WreckedBirds, and why?
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Wichita State vs. Vanderbilt: Fred Van Vleet jumper and his little Irish Jig.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                    Father and son?
                    😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂🐸☕

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                      Another pleasure I took from last night's game was seeing the smirk knocked off of that chicken with lips (once a chicken always a chicken) Stallings. Didn't like him when he was in The Valley.
                      I found some footage of Stallings during that second half timeout:

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                        Says the fan of a team whose players slide across opposing teams' logos after a win. And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

What a jealous, insecure loser. Typical of that lowlife fanbase. Enjoy the postseason Redturds, another postseason of watching the big boys on tv, bankrolling your worthless basketball program.
                        To be fair to Redbird fans, they don't really have any context for understanding celebrations in the NCAA tournament. :)
                        The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
                          Wait a minute -- isn't UNI playing Texas? Not A&M?
                          All those Texas schools look alike...

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                            Wichita State vs. Vanderbilt: Fred Van Vleet jumper and his little Irish Jig.
                            I just watched the linked video again, despite the NCAA's best efforts to block me from doing so, because I missed it last night (with the game all but over I wasn't watching that closely at the moment).

People are actually complaining about that? Especially people who root for the Jailbirds? I'm pretty straitlaced and old-fashioned when it comes to excessive celebration, but come on now -- give me a break.

Comment

• "Wichita State's Anton Grady after First Four Win" - KSN Sports

KSN Sports Director Emily Gagnon goes one-on-one with Wichita State F Anton Grady after the Shockers beat Vanderbilt, 70-50 in the First Four of the 2016 NCAA Tournament.

Comment

• "Wichita State's Fred VanVleet after First Four win vs. Vandy" - KSN Sports

KSN Sports Director Emily Gagnon goes one-on-one with Wichita State G Fred VanVleet after the Shockers beat Vanderbilt, 70-50 in the First Four of the 2016 NCAA Tournament.

Comment

Working...
                                X